Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
    ...we watched a series on Netflicks about maple syrup being on the black market. Is this really a thing?
    I wouldn't be surprised if water is on the Black Market in the not-too-distant future hahaha. :XD:

Throw in some extra chickens, and you can probably get some nice, cold, ice from the dealers as well. :XD laugh:
    Last edited by Sollomyn; 24 Mar 2019, 07:06.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      The boy could have really cared less about the whole process but he loved running the hiking trial to the trees and then back to the sugar shack. He found birds and put leaves in his pockets.

We did also get the ice cream with freshly made syrup. He was really excited about that. Vol we watched a series on Netflicks about maple syrup being on the black market. Is this really a thing? And do you guys really have a reserve of maple syrup?
      Haha what? I have no idea! This is totally news to me. Let me check with my partner, who is from the land of maple syrup. I've never lived in an area with sugar maple trees.

Maple syrup might be on the black market, but I feel like having a reserve of syrup may be a joke. I'm curious now too! I'll find out.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
        That's precisely why I stopped watching the news haha. :XD laugh:

That's also why I'm electing to secede from society in general, and live amongst the animals in the wilderness instead haha. :XD laugh:

Chaos and drama are truly dark enchantments in my opinion, bringing misery and destruction to all that they enslave. It's so exciting and exhilerating; people love to get all fired up and gung-ho when it comes to debates and disputes; it's essentially a much more sophisticated version of the children's game called King of the Hill; all the little ones scampering over one another in a desperate effort to get back on top. It's great fun for many, except for the ones closer to the bottom of the hill. Then a good ol' fashioned school-yard tussel becomes all but inevitable; just a matter of time before a little boy's big toe accidentally gets stuck in a little girl's eye, and then the fight is on. Haha; kids these days; not much different from the adults when you think about it. :XD:

But...what if some of the kids decided not to play that game anymore?
        I only read the newspaper. It less desensitizing than TV news. Also I do find the Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          Also I do find the Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers funny.
          Haha; ditto for sure; I'm most familiar with Family Guy; I've seen all 324 episodes, (Episode 325 is premiering TONIGHT by the way! ). I'm not nearly as familiar with the Simpsons, although it's on my list of shows to watch haha; what I have seen of them has been pretty good. I've only seen maybe one episode of Bob's Burgers; if even that; it might've just been parts of an episode playing in the background haha. :XD laugh:

I only read the newspaper. It less desensitizing than TV news.
          Indeed; I'd have to agree the newspaper is preferable, even though the most I ever read a newspaper is casually glancing at the headline as I'm strolling past a newstand haha...but I have to ask; why do you read the newspaper at all, aside from it being less desensitizing than televised news? (or for the comics haha. :XD laugh

--Sollomyn
          Last edited by Sollomyn; 24 Mar 2019, 10:08.

Comment

Haha; ditto for sure; I'm most familiar with Family Guy; I've seen all 324 episodes, (Episode 325 is premiering TONIGHT by the way! ). I'm not nearly as familiar with the Simpsons, although it's on my list of shows to watch haha; what I have seen of them has been pretty good. I've only seen maybe one episode of Bob's Burgers; if even that; it might've just been parts of an episode playing in the background haha. :XD laugh:

Indeed; I'd have to agree the newspaper is preferable, even though the most I ever read a newspaper is casually glancing at the headline as I'm strolling past a newstand haha...but I have to ask; why do you read the newspaper at all, aside from it being less desensitizing than televised news? (or for the comics haha. :XD laugh

--Sollomyn
            Because the newspaper is more reasonable.

Comment

Because the newspaper is more reasonable.
              Sorry; that's not really what I meant. What I mean to ask is...why is the gathering of news important to you?

Surely there's something more fun you could spend that time doing.

What do you truly get out of hearing news about what's going on around the world? Or even just in your city? How often is there good news as opposed to bad news? What do the two types of news do for you personally; if anything at all?

--Sollomyn
              Last edited by Sollomyn; 24 Mar 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Sorry; that's not really what I meant. What I mean to ask is...why is the gathering of news important to you?

Surely there's something more fun you could spend that time doing.

What do you truly get out of hearing news about what's going on around the world? Or even just in your city? How often is there good news as opposed to bad news? What do the two types of news do for you personally; if anything at all?

--Sollomyn
                Sometimes good news about sports mostly.

Comment

Sometimes good news about sports mostly.
                  How is that relevant to you? Do you gamble on the teams? Why not go to a game in person?

Comment

How is that relevant to you? Do you gamble on the teams? Why not go to a game in person?
                    That's the only reason why I read the newspaper mostly is the sports. I watch sports on TV.

Comment

That's the only reason why I read the newspaper mostly is the sports. I watch sports on TV.

​But what do you get out of it?

Satisfaction? Entertainment? Money?
                      Last edited by Sollomyn; 24 Mar 2019, 14:10.

Comment

​What do you get out of it?
                        Who wins and loses. I do like sports and I'm a huge fan of sports.

Comment

Who wins and loses. I do like sports and I'm a huge fan of sports.
                          Then why use the newspaper and television to enjoy sports when you could go watch a game in person, or even participate in one yourself? Wouldn't it be healthier?

Comment

Then why use the newspaper and television to enjoy sports when you could go watch a game in person, or even participate in one yourself? Wouldn't it be healthier?
                            One, it cost money. Two, I rather watch sports on TV and read the newspaper about sports. Three, it's my preferences after it.

Comment

it cost money.
                              Not if the players are playing just to have fun and for no other reason. :^^:

Comment

Not if the players are playing just to have fun and for no other reason. :^^:
                                True but I prefer to watch it on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X