Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm trying to backup my files because my laptop is not long for this world but, I'm having trouble finding places to put it all. I have 5 years of files and onedrive is already full. Gonna try throwing some more on googledrive.
    Onedrive storage is upgradeable. Most upgrades are part of Office 365 but the basic one is an upgrade to 50 GB for 1.99 a month.

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/plans/

For that matter, so is Google and you get more space with the first upgrade

"It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    it is futile to seek or to affirm meaning where none can be found

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Onedrive storage is upgradeable. Most upgrades are part of Office 365 but the basic one is an upgrade to 50 GB for 1.99 a month.

For that matter, so is Google and you get more space with the first upgrade

Looks like my total files are in the neighborhood of 40 GB. I'm really trying to stay away from subscription based storage because I'm about to be pretty impoverished for the foreseeable future. I've got a few old flashdrives I'll be trying to use that so maybe I can manage this between those and free services.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out over half that data was streams I'd done. Since they're already uploaded to youtube I was able to delete them and backup my personal files just fine using a flashdrive and onedrive. I actually thought pictures took up more space than they seem to? It's hard to believe 7 years of personal files (minus video) amounts to ~12GB. I almost feel like I'm forgetting something.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Might consider an external usb drive,they go to like 4 TB,and prices have come way down. I have a 2TB extension on mt ps4,and it was pretty cheap.

let me check and gert back,ok.

- - - Updated - - -

not super cheap,but for 4TB,$99 isn't to bad. also portable,so there is that.

see here.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Went to Copenhagen today to try out street photography. I'm surprised how much fun that was. And I got some awesome pictures
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I talked to my manager yesterday about my co-worker. Turns out that she is a supervisor (in training, I guess). Never knew from the behavior she has been showing. I explained my feelings of how I felt my co-workers and I were being disrespected by her coming in late and no calls. I also told her how I felt that I couldn't leave my other supervisor and co-workers till she got there. Evening shifts usually dwindle down around 9-10. People start going home around them and we are stuck with 3-4 people. So imagine if I left with only one supervisor and a co-worker to maintain. It wouldn't be right in my opinion. I told her my feelings and she thanked me for staying and she told me that the points were stacking up. We have a point system that if you miss so many days or don't call in so many hours ahead or are late, you get points against you. So it really is stacking up. I'm glad I let out my feelings finally to my manager and that I am not the only one. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, but it's crazy when you have a consistently late supervisor (again I didn't know till yesterday) and you have to take the slack.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

I have been watching the Battlestar Galactica (2004) series and I just had a harrowing thought.

If the 12 colonies were a representation of our current US Government, Betsy DeVos would be the president.

My head hurts.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

This the new one where the cylons look human?
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Oct 2006
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    This the new one where the cylons look human?
    Is there a newer one?
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    Sneak Attack

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Mark Twain

Oct 2006
    Phrase

That's the same show I'm talking about (as I said, the 2004 series) and you're totally distracting from my point.
    Sneak Attack