Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

ok,there was a much older one from the 70's. There is also a SYFY prog that shows where the cylons came from,don't remember its name.,it only lasted one season.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    it is futile to seek or to affirm meaning where none can be found

I've been kinda dwelling on my relationship status recently, mostly being real insecure about it. I could easily have a relationship but, nothing that seems like it would make me happy. I'm still not really over the thing I've had for my best friend N. and it's been ... almost exactly 4 years actually, that anniversary just passed. I find it super difficult to make friends that are anything more than acquaintances, let alone anything romantic, and I honestly don't want more close friends. I'm also kinda bummed how dating for young men who like men is just so focused on sex. Even talking with other men in long term same sex relationships, it seems like half of them started off as hookups, which is just not what I want to be the first thing or most important thing in my relationships. All of my friends except N. are married or engaged or in long term relationships and want to be engaged, and I know same gender attracted people tend to take longer to find committed relationships but, it's just got me in a way. With everything else happening in my life, I'm feeling a bit depressed.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I'm glad I'm not working. Finished work at 12:00. For a while there was only two of us running the store. It was slow for a while, then it got a bit crazy. I was making a shake and this asshole was tapping his credit card on the counter. I told him to hold on and I would be right there. It was a shake for the drive-thru. He kept tapping that damned card and I swear if I wasn't clocked in I would have gone off on him. What an ass.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I've been kinda dwelling on my relationship status recently, mostly being real insecure about it. I could easily have a relationship but, nothing that seems like it would make me happy. I'm still not really over the thing I've had for my best friend N. and it's been ... almost exactly 4 years actually, that anniversary just passed. I find it super difficult to make friends that are anything more than acquaintances, let alone anything romantic, and I honestly don't want more close friends. I'm also kinda bummed how dating for young men who like men is just so focused on sex. Even talking with other men in long term same sex relationships, it seems like half of them started off as hookups, which is just not what I want to be the first thing or most important thing in my relationships. All of my friends except N. are married or engaged or in long term relationships and want to be engaged, and I know same gender attracted people tend to take longer to find committed relationships but, it's just got me in a way. With everything else happening in my life, I'm feeling a bit depressed.
    You have a right to want an emotional connection with the people you're intimate with. There's nothing wrong with that, but it can take longer. Just do what you can to continuously expand your circle of friends. Keep up good friendship maintenance, drop toxic relationships when you realize they're unhealthy, and move on with expanding that circle. Eventually, you'll find the right person there.

On another note. I passed all of my midterms! Every. Single. One. And one of them had several people reporting they had failed. As far as I know, at this time, I have the highest reported grade. And I was really, really worried about this test.
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    You have a right to want an emotional connection with the people you're intimate with. There's nothing wrong with that, but it can take longer. Just do what you can to continuously expand your circle of friends. Keep up good friendship maintenance, drop toxic relationships when you realize they're unhealthy, and move on with expanding that circle. Eventually, you'll find the right person there.

On another note. I passed all of my midterms! Every. Single. One. And one of them had several people reporting they had failed. As far as I know, at this time, I have the highest reported grade. And I was really, really worried about this test.
    Congrats Shahaku! Keep up the great work!

As for me, I'm working on my new BOS. I bought a Moleskine and am working on copying most of the information from my binder to it. It's taking a while, but I like the Moleskine a lot and how it is turning out.
    Last edited by anubisa; 16 Oct 2018 at 19:33.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Jan 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic

I love moleskines. Both my journals and my BoS are in separate moleskines. I sometimes think of creating a binder for reference material but it's not the same.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    I love moleskines. Both my journals and my BoS are in separate moleskines. I sometimes think of creating a binder for reference material but it's not the same.
    Very true. I think binders are bulkier and it's not as prettier as the moleskines are. Also the moleskines are a lot sleeker and just better to work with. I also like to work with Leuchtturm as well. Both are expensive but worth it. Leuchtturm is a German made journal and I love using it for my diaries and etc... It is very high quality. But I'm glad I chose Moleskine for my Book of Shadows. I like it just as well.
    Anubisa

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Is anyone super familiar with Colorado? We're sort of planning two mini trips to Colorado and New Orleans sometime in the next year or so and I want all the nature while we're in Colorado. I want to do some easy rock climbing/scrabbling, soak in some hot springs, go horseback riding, and maybe tubing or something (I don't think our 4 yo will be able to handle white water rafting, but something gentler). Someone on FB recommended Garden of the Gods/Colorado Springs area, and it looks beautiful, but I'm having trouble finding stuff closeish together. I don't want to spend hours travelling each day we're there.

I also know that if we decide to ride a train in, it'll be dropping off in Denver, not Colorado Springs. And I haven't even started looking in that area....
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    it is futile to seek or to affirm meaning where none can be found

I'm moving next weekend, as in like out of my dad's house for the first time, and I'm basically all packed. I'm really nervous but, this new place is in walking distance from my university and my best friend, and is close to a few places I could get jobs at.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Getting your OWN Diggs is an important rite of passage,much luck with the new place.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104