What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I love moleskines. Both my journals and my BoS are in separate moleskines. I sometimes think of creating a binder for reference material but it's not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Kala View Post
      I love moleskines. Both my journals and my BoS are in separate moleskines. I sometimes think of creating a binder for reference material but it's not the same.
      Very true. I think binders are bulkier and it's not as prettier as the moleskines are. Also the moleskines are a lot sleeker and just better to work with. I also like to work with Leuchtturm as well. Both are expensive but worth it. Leuchtturm is a German made journal and I love using it for my diaries and etc... It is very high quality. But I'm glad I chose Moleskine for my Book of Shadows. I like it just as well.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Is anyone super familiar with Colorado? We're sort of planning two mini trips to Colorado and New Orleans sometime in the next year or so and I want all the nature while we're in Colorado. I want to do some easy rock climbing/scrabbling, soak in some hot springs, go horseback riding, and maybe tubing or something (I don't think our 4 yo will be able to handle white water rafting, but something gentler). Someone on FB recommended Garden of the Gods/Colorado Springs area, and it looks beautiful, but I'm having trouble finding stuff closeish together. I don't want to spend hours travelling each day we're there.

I also know that if we decide to ride a train in, it'll be dropping off in Denver, not Colorado Springs. And I haven't even started looking in that area....
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm moving next weekend, as in like out of my dad's house for the first time, and I'm basically all packed. I'm really nervous but, this new place is in walking distance from my university and my best friend, and is close to a few places I could get jobs at.
          Circe

Comment

Getting your OWN Diggs is an important rite of passage,much luck with the new place.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well this is the second time in my life that I have been fired. Today I was fired from my job at Sheetz. My manager called me a little while ago and told me that I was terminated because of excessive abseentism. However, I don't understand why. Half of the time I had a doctors excuse. I did complain once to corporate about not moving enough. It's just really shocking and upsetting that I was let go today because I worked an 11 hour shift for them last night and now feel like crap. I really want to cry but can't. I have to get back into the game. Start looking on websites and such. It just is upsetting. I made such great friends and now its done. I'm a little depressed.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Getting your OWN Diggs is an important rite of passage,much luck with the new place.
                Well it's not my own place. My dad sorta forced me out so it's kinda sudden and I really cant support myself alone, especially being a student. A friend of mine convinced her housemates to let me stay with them more or less indefinitely for basically pennies. Like I still need to get a job for some income but I dont need to pay rent, just food, power, and help out with maintaining the place. Plus I can keep my cat.
                Circe

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  Well this is the second time in my life that I have been fired. Today I was fired from my job at Sheetz. My manager called me a little while ago and told me that I was terminated because of excessive abseentism. However, I don't understand why. Half of the time I had a doctors excuse. I did complain once to corporate about not moving enough. It's just really shocking and upsetting that I was let go today because I worked an 11 hour shift for them last night and now feel like crap. I really want to cry but can't. I have to get back into the game. Start looking on websites and such. It just is upsetting. I made such great friends and now its done. I'm a little depressed.
                  What happen when you were fired for the first time?

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    Did they address absenteeism as an issue prior to this and how long have you worked for them? If they don't have a paper trail showing that they discussed absences with you then you may at least be able to get unemployment for a while to help pay bills while you look for a job. Also check state laws regarding medical leave. I'd say check federal regs but the only one I know of is FMLA and there are some hoops to clear if you want it to kick in. Depending on state code, an employer treating time taken off for medical emergencies against you may well be an employer politely asking the atate government to apply a boot somewhere inconvenient.

Anyway, good luck with the job search.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A surprising amount of people think I'm a trans girl? I know I've got long hair and I am rather queer but, I didnt think I was that feminine. I've basically got a beard right now since I've been too busy to shave. I dont really get much more masculine than this. I'm not really super bothered but, it does make me a bit self conscious.
                      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        A surprising amount of people think I'm a trans girl? I know I've got long hair and I am rather queer but, I didnt think I was that feminine. I've basically got a beard right now since I've been too busy to shave. I dont really get much more masculine than this. I'm not really super bothered but, it does make me a bit self conscious.
                        I'm routinely mistaken for a guy, but it doesn't really bother me. Why do you think it makes you self conscious?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          I'm routinely mistaken for a guy, but it doesn't really bother me. Why do you think it makes you self conscious?
                          I very much don't fit traditional notions of masculinity and I'm somewhat insecure in that. I know I can't really have it both ways and be both somewhat androgenous and masculine, and I enjoy many feminine things including wearing more gender neutral earrings and somewhat feminine clothes on occasion. However, when I'm presenting as more male, it makes me feel strange to be asked if I'm emulating a feminine presentation- more so if my garb is entirely male. The only possibly feminine thing about me today was my hair, which is long. I also kinda think my voice is squeaky. I think a lot of it has to do with my perception of what men find attractive.
                          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                            What happen when you were fired for the first time?
                            The first time I worked at Burger King as an assistant manager. I moved to one nearer to my house and on one particularly busy day I asked one of the employees, who happened to be black, to fill the ice up since we were getting low. He kept ignoring me and ignoring me and finally I grabbed him by his shirt and told him to fill it up. I should have known better back then, but we were busy as heck and when your boss asks you to do something repeatedly, then you usually should stop what your doing and do it or tell her you'll do it in a minute because you're doing something else.

As for Sheetz, well they have a 27 point system. So many absent days or leaves you score points. After 27 they send it to corporate. I suppose despite all the hard work and the fact that I was a faithful employee they still thought I should be let go of. Well that's your loss.
                            Anubisa

Comment

anubisa - I hope you find something better really soon!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Neighbors put their trash bins in-front of our house again. I put a call into our waste pickup service to make sure we're not getting charged extra (in case they think it's our trash and not the neighbors). Slapped a note on one of their bins asking to stop since no one's ever home when I try to go over there. Next time, I will be posting in rants, if this doesn't stop.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X