Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by iris View Post
    My grandfather died today... I found out from my dad's status update on Facebook. I don't even really know what to think.
    I'm so sorry hon. Prayers. I know what it is like to go through the pain of losing not only one, but two grandfathers. So I hope that the grieving process isn't long for you. Just remember the good times with him. That's what I do when I am thinking about my grandfather. I think about the good times and talk to him. Again I am so sorry.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I'm so sorry hon. Prayers. I know what it is like to go through the pain of losing not only one, but two grandfathers. So I hope that the grieving process isn't long for you. Just remember the good times with him. That's what I do when I am thinking about my grandfather. I think about the good times and talk to him. Again I am so sorry.
      Thank you. He was old and sick. Although I'm sad, it's not a tragedy to me. He had a good life, he's always travelled the world. He was tired of being confined to a bed in the end. I never knew him as well as I'd like. He was always out of the country when in was growing up. But travelling made him happy.
      But... my dad didn't think he should tell me he died. I found out in a Facebook post.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I miss rain.

I miss it being warm enough to snow.

I miss the warmth of the sun.

I'm so tired of winter.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thinking about how being sick with a damned sinus and ear infection sucks. I hate having stuffy noses.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The only thing I love about my job is the freedom to travel.

I decided yesterday that I'm going to Mexico next week. I'd never be able to afford that if I had to pay full-fare for my flight.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm still feeling like crap. Ugh. This sinus infection is just taking a hold of me. I'm hoping by Friday it will be for the most part, gone. Can't miss any more at work. I also got my first test coming up on Friday. So got to study for that. Here's hoping I will start feeling much better soon.
              Anubisa

Comment

Hey everybody. This month is going to be very depressing for me. This month happen to be the anniversary of my mother death. She died from diabetes type 2 six year ago. I always give her insulin everyday. As soon as her health got worse she was at the hospital. My old therapist told me that my mother passed away. I was sad and depressed. So that the story everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  Hey everybody. This month is going to be very depressing for me. This month happen to be the anniversary of my mother death. She died from diabetes type 2 six year ago. I always give her insulin everyday. As soon as her health got worse she was at the hospital. My old therapist told me that my mother passed away. I was sad and depressed. So that the story everybody.
                  I'm sorry to here about your sadness, Bartmanhomer.

Keep your chin up.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post

Keep your chin up.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Keep your chin up.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep your chin up.
                    Thank you. For some reason I feel like that her death was my fault. I should've taken care of her a bit more.

Comment

I started January out really strong in terms of productivity and micro goal setting, but I can already feel my bad habits trying to reclaim control. I've gotta keep pushing forward though.

I also got a super ego boost from a friend today, both in terms of "writing talent" and also just who I was as a person, so that helps enormously.
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I thought my laptop had crashed last week. Nope. My daughter managed to get the battery, and just the battery, wet at some point. I went to pull it out and it was all gooey. Like tea or pop had got on it. It's better now. Woo! Laptop saved. But I have officially backed up everything on my Cloud (again). It had been so long since I had done it that all the important stuff wasn't on it...

I missed my showing for the ceramic bust I made because my dad finally made the decision to move back south and I wanted to be able to have time to say bye to him. Though the paint I put on it didn't come out the way I wanted anyway. (I did Hagrid by the way. It was amazing sauce, maybe I'll get pics up at some point) I need to repaint it now. I wanted it to come out as a marble wash, but I thinned the paints too much and they ended up mixing rather than well, mixing but staying seperate. So now instead of a red and yellow marble (because Hagrid was in Gryffindor and I wanted to use house colors) affect I have a red, leaning the slightest bit to orange, sculpture.... ugh, not what I wanted. So when I have the time and money, Hagrid will get an update, then an epoxy finish or something, and I'll post some pics if folks are interested.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm hoping I did okay on my test from last week and today. Just didn't get to study enough for today's test. Had to leave a few blank. So nervous.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                            I thought my laptop had crashed last week. Nope. My daughter managed to get the battery, and just the battery, wet at some point. I went to pull it out and it was all gooey. Like tea or pop had got on it. It's better now. Woo! Laptop saved. But I have officially backed up everything on my Cloud (again). It had been so long since I had done it that all the important stuff wasn't on it...

I missed my showing for the ceramic bust I made because my dad finally made the decision to move back south and I wanted to be able to have time to say bye to him. Though the paint I put on it didn't come out the way I wanted anyway. (I did Hagrid by the way. It was amazing sauce, maybe I'll get pics up at some point) I need to repaint it now. I wanted it to come out as a marble wash, but I thinned the paints too much and they ended up mixing rather than well, mixing but staying seperate. So now instead of a red and yellow marble (because Hagrid was in Gryffindor and I wanted to use house colors) affect I have a red, leaning the slightest bit to orange, sculpture.... ugh, not what I wanted. So when I have the time and money, Hagrid will get an update, then an epoxy finish or something, and I'll post some pics if folks are interested.
                            I love sculpting! I want to see!

I'm thinking that I leave for Mexico tomorrow, and that I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the +60C difference in temperature between home and Mexico. I may die.

...but I'll die happy and full of tacos

Mostly art.

Comment

I've finally absorbed all the wisdom I can from one wisdom tooth and now it's time for it to come out. Thankfully I still have 3 left.

I don't like the epinephrine in the numbing agent though. Making my hands shake.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

mine got pulled when I was 19-20 in the navy. At the time I did not realize the favor the navy did for me.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X