What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I finally finished making my homebrew D&D 3.5 deity today. It took me a lot of time and effort to finished this. But I'm glad I did it.

Comment

I have a question about the British monarchy. I know Queen Elizabeth's mother was called the Queen Mother. In the future, when William is King and Kate is Queen Consort, if William dies and Prince George becomes King, will Kate then be called the Queen Mother (as in Queen consort and Mother of the king) or King Mother, as in Mother of the King? How does that work?
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I hate Daylight Savings Time. My bedroom faces the East which means that I will have to deal with the sun rising early. Ugh. Lord Anubis help me.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          I have a question about the British monarchy. I know Queen Elizabeth's mother was called the Queen Mother. In the future, when William is King and Kate is Queen Consort, if William dies and Prince George becomes King, will Kate then be called the Queen Mother (as in Queen consort and Mother of the king) or King Mother, as in Mother of the King? How does that work?
          Queen mother is analogous to Queen Dowager. Queen Mother specifically indicates that the woman is also mother to the current monarch, as well as the spouse of the former. The title was popularized by Elizabeth the Queen Mother as a way to distinguish between herself and her daughter of the same name since her predecessors had used the generic title Queen, and she misliked the title Dowager. This title is always used by female consorts. King Mother as a title doesn't make sense since Queen Mother derives from the status of the woman as a King's consort, ie a queen, it's not related to the title of their child.

Technically a consort is only king or queen with parliament approval and can otherwise only be styled as prince or princess, or with any inherent titles they may possess. For example, Queen Victoria attempted to make her husband Albert a King Consort, but was denied by parliament and instead styled him as Prince Consort. In a similar case with a female consort, they'd be styled as princess but, that's not historically been a concern.

The Male equivalent of a former consort is still Dowager, and thus King Dowager. In Castile, Ferdinand II styled himself this way while acting as regent. Male consorts are customarily styled as princes in the British monarchy so the appropriate title may also be Prince Dowager and with the precedent set by the Queen Mother title, he may also choose to be styled as Prince Father. Generally, a Dowager may continue to use any plain title they previously had, provided there is no sucessor to the title. So a Dowager Queen could style herself as Queen, provided there was not already a queen.

I believe Mary Queen of Scotts is the only female British monarch to have a King Consort since she granted the title without permission, but the parliament never bothered to correct it. That's mostly symbolic btw since being a King through marraige is meaningless without Crown Matrimonial or something similar. If the consort is also a legitimate inherent noble, that is they have titles from their own status, they may be styled accordingly if they so choose. Overall it's important to distinguish that a Queen Consort is different from a Queen's Consort, since the latter is actually titled as Prince/King Consort.
          Last edited by Corvus; 08 Mar 2020, 07:41.
          Circe

Comment

why would i care about british royalty being an american i worry about king trump not going away

- - - Updated - - -

seems like it showed up very early this year,or is that just me?
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              it's not related to the title of their child.
              THAT was what I wanted to know! Thanks.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I've had it. What's the point of trying to put in your opinion when someone gets upset with you? Especially if you are trying to be respectful when putting your opinion in? If you don't want a response, let me know.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  I've had it. What's the point of trying to put in your opinion when someone gets upset with you? Especially if you are trying to be respectful when putting your opinion in? If you don't want a response, let me know.
                  Does this have something to do in the Rant Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    Does this have something to do in the Rant Thread?
                    Yeah it sort of does. You can't get offended with someone because they put in their point of view. No one is trying to attack you and I certainly wasn't. I certainly wasn't trying to making you out to seem like some kind of villain. Instead, you turn it on them and make them seem like the villain. Sometimes it's just worth not saying anything.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Yeah it sort of does. You can't get offended with someone because they put in their point of view. No one is trying to attack you and I certainly wasn't. I certainly wasn't trying to making you out to seem like some kind of villain. Instead, you turn it on them and make them seem like the villain. Sometimes it's just worth not saying anything.
                      I was not offended at all. I was just trying to get my point across.

Comment

I was not offended at all. I was just trying to get my point across.
                        That's good to know.

Right now I am not going to be reviewing any stories. I'm working on a new fanfiction that I am really excited about and until I finish with it I just don't have time to review anyone's stories. I can advise to post to certain websites to build your profile so you can get reviews, but right now I can't review. I have to be a little selfish for a while.
                        Anubisa

Comment

That's good to know.

Right now I am not going to be reviewing any stories. I'm working on a new fanfiction that I am really excited about and until I finish with it I just don't have time to review anyone's stories. I can advise to post to certain websites to build your profile so you can get reviews, but right now I can't review. I have to be a little selfish for a while.
                          Cool! What's your fanfiction story be about?

Comment

Cool! What's your fanfiction story be about?
                            It's really hard to describe. It's based off of the Ronin Warriors anime. If you didn't watch it back in 1999-2001 on Cartoon Network during Toonami then you would have no idea what it is. You can see the episodes on YouTube or if you have Amazon Prime you can see them for free. It is a M/F adult story. I already posted it on fanfiction.net and am five chapters in. That's why I am taking a break from reviewing.
                            Anubisa

Comment

It's really hard to describe. It's based on the Ronin Warriors anime. If you didn't watch it back in 1999-2001 on Cartoon Network during Toonami then you would have no idea what it is. You can see the episodes on YouTube or if you have Amazon Prime you can see them for free. It is an M/F adult story. I already posted it on fanfiction.net and am five chapters in. That's why I am taking a break from reviewing.
                              I remember Ronin Warriors. Good luck with your Fanfiction story.

Comment

I remember Ronin Warriors. Good luck with your Fanfiction story.
                                Well thanks for the good luck. I appreciate it. I'll put a link to my fanfiction.net profile page in my signature if you ever want to check it out.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X