Page 122 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1639

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I don't know if I should offer my advice anymore. I'm not speaking about anyone or any specific situation. However, I feel when I try to offer my opinion it just backfires on me. Maybe I should just shut my mouth.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Pagan/ witch

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I don't know if I should offer my advice anymore. I'm not speaking about anyone or any specific situation. However, I feel when I try to offer my opinion it just backfires on me. Maybe I should just shut my mouth.
    You have to know when to keep advice to yourself or not, but don't shut your mouth forever. Your opinion is worth something. Just make sure you completely stand behind your opinion before giving it. And be prepared to admit you were wrong if you find out that you are.
    Wherever you are in life is exactly where you need to be right now.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

To much to do, not enough time. Urgh. At least I have a bedframe and kitchen island. And music.
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I don't know if your referring to things here or not but personally I think your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's. I may or may not agree with it but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear it or appreciate you sharing it with me or us. So please do not close your mouth and keep it to yourself. Even if I disagree with it, it gives me something to consider and think about. Especially when it is something you care deeply about and take the time to formulate deep thoughts and share them with us.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Pagan/ witch

The weather was so lovely today. I went for a walk through the forest. Yesterday as well, walking for 1 hour through the fields behind our house.

I heard on the radio us Dutch people are the sitting champions of Europe and even more than a 1000 people a year die just because of sitting too much. I have an office job as well, so I'm going to try to walk more often. Get away from the desk more frequently and stretch my legs.

Next week I'm going to eat only fruits during working hours, but eat a 'normal' breakfast and dinner, cutting out bread for a while. See what that does to my energy levels. Has anyone ever done that before?

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I don't know if your referring to things here or not but personally I think your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's. I may or may not agree with it but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear it or appreciate you sharing it with me or us. So please do not close your mouth and keep it to yourself. Even if I disagree with it, it gives me something to consider and think about. Especially when it is something you care deeply about and take the time to formulate deep thoughts and share them with us.
    Thanks monsno, I guess I just was having an issue with myself for a minute.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

I am so tired. I've done my week of on-campus studies, away from my family. It was hard. I missed them and we were busy all day. By the end of day Friday I was so tired of watching mock funerals and just wanted to go home (I did mine on Thursday, but we were required to stay and be supportive). So, I worked 2 12's, did a week of on campus 9-6 days, and now I'm back to 12 hour days yesterday and today. I'm ready to be done.

I have some big assignments coming up in the next few weeks, a baby shower to pull together, and work to do. I'm kinda feeling burnt out and I won't get any time off from school until the end of July at least. I hope I get to sleep in tomorrow.

On a happy note, my birthday is this week and my partners gave me my gifts Friday night when I got home. They got me a flute (used but in great condition, we could never afford a brand new one), some Cafe Du Monde coffee and a couple paint by numbers. So, I also want to spend some time learning to play a bit of music but I feel guilty every minute I spend on it that I could be studying things that matter to my degree... ugh.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Pagan/ witch

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    I am so tired. I've done my week of on-campus studies, away from my family. It was hard. I missed them and we were busy all day. By the end of day Friday I was so tired of watching mock funerals and just wanted to go home (I did mine on Thursday, but we were required to stay and be supportive). So, I worked 2 12's, did a week of on campus 9-6 days, and now I'm back to 12 hour days yesterday and today. I'm ready to be done.

I have some big assignments coming up in the next few weeks, a baby shower to pull together, and work to do. I'm kinda feeling burnt out and I won't get any time off from school until the end of July at least. I hope I get to sleep in tomorrow.

On a happy note, my birthday is this week and my partners gave me my gifts Friday night when I got home. They got me a flute (used but in great condition, we could never afford a brand new one), some Cafe Du Monde coffee and a couple paint by numbers. So, I also want to spend some time learning to play a bit of music but I feel guilty every minute I spend on it that I could be studying things that matter to my degree... ugh.
    That's tough! Get some rest. And don't feel guilty about taking some time off of studying to play music and relax. It's only more productive to give yourself a break every now and then. It will only help you study better!

Jul 2013
    Religion
    complicated, heathen, animist, goetia
    Phrase
    Surgical high 5!

March is such a chaotic month for me.
    Full of harsh juxtaposition.
    Still, made it through another one and remembered about this place

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

My friend Sonya from work told me, and this was before I worked at Teleperformance, that some employee lit another employee's hair on fire. Our workplace is like so severe. We can't bring paper into the work room. Like we can bring a spill-proof bottle and snacks that are in see-through quart-sized bags, but that is it. No pens, no pencils, no paper. This is understandable because we do work with sensitive information like credit cards and people's names and accounts. They won't let you even bring like paper to wipe your hands with. All they have is tissue paper. Everything is laminated. You can have one picture to put up in and it has to be laminated. I didn't know this till I brought two pictures of my dogs when they were puppies and my supervisor took them after I left that day and the next day he had them both laminated for me. You can't have your cell or you will be fired on the spot and if you smoke you can't have your lighter. So I'm guessing whoever it was had their lighter and got really pissed off with the other employee. I wonder if they got charged with assault.
    Anubisa