Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1641

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Midterms on Monday. Woo. These two classes are the last two major classes. I need to pass them. I've passed everything else, but I'm worried. They throw the "weed-out" class at you at the very end of the program apparently, according to those that have completed the program, RA is the hardest... At least Embalming II is mostly review. Restorative art is apparently mostly detailed facial human anatomy. Memorizing all the fossa, muscles, bones, etc. Ugh.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    Midterms on Monday. Woo. These two classes are the last two major classes. I need to pass them. I've passed everything else, but I'm worried. They throw the "weed-out" class at you at the very end of the program apparently, according to those that have completed the program, RA is the hardest... At least Embalming II is mostly review. Restorative art is apparently mostly detailed facial human anatomy. Memorizing all the fossa, muscles, bones, etc. Ugh.
    Good luck!!!

I'm thinking about how I need 3 more parents permissions to light the fire st work today... so close!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Jun 2019
    Religion
    Hellenic Paganism
    Phrase
    Know Thyself

Nine more days until I get a different internet provider, living out in the rural boonies internet service can be terrible out here.

Other things, I find modern dating to be a joke and way too complicated than it needs to be.

I despise this modern culture of monetary materialism and this culture resembles a zero social trust one. I think one person said it best that extreme loneliness is hell or damnation. It is also a zero sum game and I hate it. It doesn't help living in poverty either but I like to think it has made me a more humble person over the years where I've tried adopting a kind of stoic mindset, although there are days where that is of little constellation or reassurance. I am going to school trying to improve my lot in life but is extremely hard for me to feel optimistic. I often wonder what the fates have in store for me and in many cases I'm horrified just thinking about it too much.

How so very much I just want a joyous simple life away from the world's ugliness or complications but I'm starting to think that no longer exists.
    Last edited by Pythagoras; 05 Jun 2019 at 17:36.
    "When Zeus was setting all things in order there fell from him drops of sacred blood, and from them, as they say, arose the race of men."- Flavius Claudius Iulianus Augustus

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Saw my tattoo artist today for my third tattoo. I'm planning on getting the eye of Horus on my left arm where the Ankh is. He is also going to touch up both tattoos. I also got a second set of piercings on my ears. Just a set above my lobes. Was out with nephew and dad pretty much all day and went to eat and got some books for myself and three for my nephew (he's going through a pokemon phase) and a magazine for my dad. It was a pretty good day.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Saw my tattoo artist today for my third tattoo. I'm planning on getting the eye of Horus on my left arm where the Ankh is. He is also going to touch up both tattoos. I also got a second set of piercings on my ears. Just a set above my lobes. Was out with nephew and dad pretty much all day and went to eat and got some books for myself and three for my nephew (he's going through a pokemon phase) and a magazine for my dad. It was a pretty good day.
    ooo this reminds me! I got my heka tattoo! I've got lots of tattoos now lol but I got my heka one!!!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pythagoras View Post
    Nine more days until I get a different internet provider, living out in the rural boonies internet service can be terrible out here.

Other things, I find modern dating to be a joke and way too complicated than it needs to be.

I despise this modern culture of monetary materialism and this culture resembles a zero social trust one. I think one person said it best that extreme loneliness is hell or damnation. It is also a zero sum game and I hate it. It doesn't help living in poverty either but I like to think it has made me a more humble person over the years where I've tried adopting a kind of stoic mindset, although there are days where that is of little constellation or reassurance. I am going to school trying to improve my lot in life but is extremely hard for me to feel optimistic. I often wonder what the fates have in store for me and in many cases I'm horrified just thinking about it too much.

How so very much I just want a joyous simple life away from the world's ugliness or complications but I'm starting to think that no longer exists.
    I hear you on the rural internet thing. We have to have a satalite dish, which leaves us at the mercy of the weather.

As regards what the fates have in store for you - it's the same thing they have in store for everybody, at all times, and in all places. You're dealt a hand, and you have to play it as well as you can. That's all.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post
    ooo this reminds me! I got my heka tattoo! I've got lots of tattoos now lol but I got my heka one!!!
    I want another tattoo now too...

One more day until freeeeeeeedom
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Do I want to drive an hour north looking for something or not?
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Feb 2013
    Religion
    Old Customs
    Phrase
    Damn somebody's eyes

I'm thinkin' about, after record rainfall amounts and record flood levels, 6 more inches of rain... today... in about an hour...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm thinkin' about, after record rainfall amounts and record flood levels, 6 more inches of rain... today... in about an hour...
    The weather is nuts this year. We got spring weather two months early, and now have a really cold Spring. There was a tornado last week in the NWT (unheard of), all the ones in the states and one in Ottawa last week. Frost warnings on the east coast and out of control forest fires on the west coast, and also all the floodings in the last month.

What is going on?
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.