What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I love my new phone. I'm less enamored with it's spell check feature that keeps appearing.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am exhausted, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        one month exactly until I am in Bali.
        You're so closseeeeeee come visit me. We've got the best landscape EVER
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm watching basketball with my older brother and the Warriors are winning. It's going to be Game 7 on Sunday and I'm going to win that $10 bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I'm watching basketball with my older brother and the Warriors are winning. It's going to be Game 7 on Sunday and I'm going to win that $10 bet.
            What was that?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              What was that?
              Your team got lucky because most of my team got injured.
              Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 13 Jun 2019, 19:56.

Comment

Regular contractions, we're waiting and antsy. Any time now we'll be heading to the hospital.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  Regular contractions, we're waiting and antsy. Any time now we'll be heading to the hospital.
                  BABY!!!! YAY!!!

We are all camping out at the hospital tonight to keep the Hubby/Daddyman company. He's on night 4, in what will be a minimum 5 night, more realistically 7-9 night stay (ouch$) for a ruptured appendix requiring the removal of about 18 inches of small intestine and some pretty intense cleaning out of the abdominal cavity.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    BABY!!!! YAY!!!

We are all camping out at the hospital tonight to keep the Hubby/Daddyman company. He's on night 4, in what will be a minimum 5 night, more realistically 7-9 night stay (ouch$) for a ruptured appendix requiring the removal of about 18 inches of small intestine and some pretty intense cleaning out of the abdominal cavity.
                    That really sucks. We just got back home after being told it's latent labor at this point. She's 1 cm, but it's not enough to be worth them keeping us there. She's been having regular contractions for about 8 hrs now. Ugh.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

I'm doing better.

My mental health has been utterly miserable lately, and it was what catalyzed my spiritual awakening. I just felt desperate for a way to express myself and give myself hope, and following a religion seemed to be a good idea.

I had built shrines just last week, and my mother found them. At first, she said that she thought I was crazy. It made me feel horrible. But I got the courage to confront her about it tonight, and it turns out it was a misunderstanding! She spent an hour just telling me about the Chinese deities and their stories, and even showed me a prayer. She was completely supportive and encouraging.

It just goes to show how often I jump to incorrect conclusions. I really need to stop doing that.

That sounds awful. Praying for a speedy recovery!

That really sucks. We just got back home after being told it's latent labor at this point. She's 1 cm, but it's not enough to be worth them keeping us there. She's been having regular contractions for about 8 hrs now. Ugh.
                      Good luck, you two! I hope things go smoothly!

Comment

BABY!!!! YAY!!!

Whoa! That's a serious thing!

Is everything going according to plan?
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The "light" contractions continue... I'm at work for the day, but have a back up if needed. I'm so tired. We got home around 1 ish and I had to get up at 7 for my 12 hour shift. If she actually had the baby I would have taken my leave early, but that didn't happen, so here I am. UGH

Comment

The "light" contractions continue... I'm at work for the day, but have a back up if needed. I'm so tired. We got home around 1 ish and I had to get up at 7 for my 12 hour shift. If she actually had the baby I would have taken my leave early, but that didn't happen, so here I am. UGH
                            Oh I bet your tired! I would be too. That waiting game sucks.

Guys its getting real. There is a 4 sale sign in my front yard. I'm nervous and excited. Good news we've found a number of homes 40+ mins from my MIL.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

If I remembered that the bleeping payment would process in fifteen minutes then I'd have waited till tomorrow to see if I could use the card that I wanted to put it on instead of the card that I ended up using.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I feel exhausted. Found out a dear friend passed away a few days ago. He was about the same age as my parents, which isn't even old. There's been too much death close to home, this year. Stop it. universe!
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X