What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

We have someone coming by to look at our house in the next couple days, hopefully. So excited. We haven't even had the house listed for a week yet.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Spent about 3 hours driving to a remote job site and the next 8 sweating my butt off because air conditioners are a foreign concept here. Have to stay the night and don't get to drive the 3 hours back home until probably 3pm ish. >.<
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

We hired 4 new employees. We (the majority of the staff are females) have specifically requested big burly dudes. I swear I'll take the misogyny and make them a sammy while wearing an apron if they can just lift a dang box. (of course most are mommies and pretty much we are the barracudas of the store). My gals are tough as nails.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Feeling a little bit better. But still sick. Was able to go out today and go to eat. My Bell's Palsy sucks. I can't drink anything without a straw. I just feel so crappy.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Feeling a lot better today and guess what? I checked the scale and I am down to 293 lbs! It's been a long time since I have weighed that much. Just can't believe I'm losing weight.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better, and glad you are seeing some progress on a long term goal!

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                Feeling a lot better today and guess what? I checked the scale and I am down to 293 lbs! It's been a long time since I have weighed that much. Just can't believe I'm losing weight.
                That's great! Keep it up!

I switched from running to pilates for my workout, because the weather hasn't been great in the Netherlands. It's either superhot or storming and raining. The first few sessions were hard. I thought it would be easy to switch, but pilates is a way different workout than running. It's fun though and easily combined with my yoga sessions.

Comment

I think it's funny how years ago, I looked forward to the weekends and liked it when it stayed light outside late. Now I can't wait for Monday mornings and for it to get dark earlier. (Neighborhood rug rat control!)
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I applied to a few jobs today. I am starting to feel better. I doubt I will get a job too soon, however, I am looking to getting another job because I got bills to pay and need to help mom and dad.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Twice in a week I've received 'dirty' phone calls at work. By 'dirty' I mean the lamest dirty calls.
                      One call: Do you like men?
                      Me: Huh?
                      click

Two call:
                      Do you like sex?
                      Me: did you say you want a hex bit? (I know what he said. I'm just effing with him)
                      click.

I mean. Do better. Dude.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I worked at an inbound 800 number call center many years ago now-before cell phones, so calling an 800 number was free vs. other long distance which cost money for the caller. Some people got really excited at having a free opportunity to harass customer service personnel who couldn't just hang up or be rude in response. This was a largish call center, with over 200 customer service agents working throughout the day, probably 70 percent women. I never once encountered a female co-worker who didn't get at least one and usually about 3 calls from one caller every day. There were multiple shifts over a 24 hour period. This guy spent all day every day calling a rental car customer service line so that he could tell us the same line over and over. It was not a creative line, and it was not especially shocking, especially after the first day. He almost never varied it, although once in a while he would change one word. He tended to mess with our call/ booking statistics, which may have been the point, although I think he was really enjoying himself.

I love the hex bit line.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Twice in a week I've received 'dirty' phone calls at work. By 'dirty' I mean the lamest dirty calls.
                          One call: Do you like men?
                          Me: Huh?
                          click

Two call:
                          Do you like sex?
                          Me: did you say you want a hex bit? (I know what he said. I'm just effing with him)
                          click.

I mean. Do better. Dude.
                          LOL! I was working at Teleperformance and this guy called in like 3-4 times one night and like the first two times he said he wanted to put his dick in my mouth. I hung up on him. The next time he called I said that if it wasn't AE related then I would call the cops which I couldn't do. The last time, the word had spread to my supervisor and we finally blocked him. Ugh. Some people have no life.

- - - Updated - - -

Went to the dietician today and found out that I am down to 292. She said I have lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I am totally shocked. I still have a long way to go, but it's a step in the right direction.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Went to the dietician today and found out that I am down to 292. She said I have lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I am totally shocked. I still have a long way to go, but it's a step in the right direction.
                            You go, girl!
                            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              You go, girl!
                              Thanks Rick.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Yesterday I went to the WV Tattoo Expo. I got my third tattoo. Here's my facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonser. You can see it on there. The tattoo artist who did it was from Las Vegas. He did an amazing job. I really love the work. It took less than twenty minutes for him to do it. So I really am excited to have another tattoo.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X