What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I hope that they figure it out for you. Interrupted sleep can definitely cause problems.

Comment

I'm gonna be working 60-70 hours from Sunday to Friday... bit nervous about that... genuinely not sure if I'll be ok or I'm gonna collapse at some point.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

My sinuses are acting up lately. I hate having issues with my sinuses. I'm hoping it will be better soon.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          My sinuses are acting up lately. I hate having issues with my sinuses. I'm hoping it will be better soon.
          My whole household is coming down with a cold. It sucks, so I totally feel you.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Had some acupuncture done yesterday. Have 3 more sessions booked as part of the car accident along with 3 more massage sessions. Already feeling some better, but I still get flareups more than I'd like.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Well today I went to Barnes and Noble to get my Boss Monster Card Game 3: Rise of the Minibosses. They added coins in the game for the new mechanics. I was disappointed that they excluded Explorer Heroes, Explorer Spells Cards, Explorer Bosses and Items in the game. Oh well no big deal. Now I complete my whole Boss Monster collection.

Comment

I think I'm surrounded by weirdness. I was at a Dr.'s appointment yesterday and there was an older man in the waiting room. His cane was next to him and when he stood and picked it up, I noticed it was carved to look like a shotgun. Kinda funny, but unexpected. Then my prescriptions got all mixed up and I wound up with 2 of the same thing instead of 1 each of 2 different things. Back to the drawing board!
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  My whole household is coming down with a cold. It sucks, so I totally feel you.
                  Hope everyone gets better.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm getting too old for 16 hour shifts.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I think that's way too long no matter what age you are. I hope you don't have to do that too often?

Comment

I'd argue that you can't be getting too old...

but we're talking 16 hour shifts and my thoughts on them vary between "Kill them with fire" and "nuke them fron orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've got a similar thing happening tonight. Already worked 5 hours this morning and have to go back for a 10hr shift that starts at 6pm. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. But... I'm with MO. Those shifts need to be killed with fire and with extreme prejudice.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I've got a similar thing happening tonight. Already worked 5 hours this morning and have to go back for a 10hr shift that starts at 6pm. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. But... I'm with MO. Those shifts need to be killed with fire and with extreme prejudice.
                            I work rotationally in another town from the one I live in, so I'm used to 12 hour days, 7 days a week for the duration I'm at work (I get 3 weeks off at a time as a reward). But while I'm here, I also bartend part time in the evenings, and sometimes I handle the extra 4-7 hours well, other times I'm a wreck the next day.

Today was just one of those wreck days. 16 hours yesterday, 5 hours sleep, skipped the shower and worked another 14 hours today. I'm just crawling into bed for a glorious 7 hours of sleep, but man, tomorrow I'm gonna try so hard for 8. I really need to have some time to meal prep. I ate pecans for dinner tonight because I was too tired to cook.

Mostly art.

Comment

Household has the cold. I feel like crud. Chest cough and all. UGH. I still have 4 assignments due today and I have to get them done.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I worked 20 hours yesterday. But in my 8 hour bar shift, I made more money than at my 12 hour day job.

Excuse me while I only exist off fried food and caffeine today.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X