Page 132 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1839

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    If you came this way for a visit I could make you some biscuits and gravy, and probably the cornbread. My dad's from down south and I lived in OK until I was ten, so I can manage those just fine.

Lol I can make them too I just enjoy other people making them for me. So I'd love to have some!! I will need to take a rain check on that though for a bit.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    I just finished up a graduate program and after so many years in school, it feels very odd to be out.
    Congrats! Go ahead and put that to good use!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    I just finished up a graduate program and after so many years in school, it feels very odd to be out.
    Lol, I totally understand that feeling!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    Headed to Atlanta at o-dark-thirty tomorrow for work. I wont get to see the city as I will be in a conference hall from 8am - 5pm but I hope I get to enjoy some good southern cooking.
    How long will you be in Atlanta for?

I ask because we are Atlanta-ing next weekend...
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

I'm about 3 hours from Atlanta... =P
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Bought a comforter set and a pair of new sheets yesterday. Am loving a nice new comforter. Been sleeping with a quilt since I got here at the new house. I'm glad to finally have something new to sleep under. Feels real nice.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Jul 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    Lol, I totally understand that feeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    How long will you be in Atlanta for?

I ask because we are Atlanta-ing next weekend...
    Im here till Sunday. I'm actually in buckhead, at Portrait Society of American's annual event.

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    I'm about 3 hours from Atlanta... =P
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    Im here till Sunday. I'm actually in buckhead, at Portrait Society of American's annual event.
    Oh that sounds like so much fun!
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Love my new comfy! Anyway, nephew is staying the night and when I called for lunch break they were have difficulty getting the nintendo switch to work. According to my nephew he wants me to work at home. It will be easier to fix things like the switch. LOL!
    Anubisa

Jul 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    Oh that sounds like so much fun!
    The amount of talent in one area is quite staggering and so many of them are incredibly polite and down to earth. You have a few divas but thats kinda to be expected in any group.

Their paintings are completely mind blowing. I'm not going to lie I've teared up to a few piece of work.

I've been at the airport now for about 3 hours. One more to go and I will be on a plane home!