Page 72 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

At this point in time, Win 10 accomplishes what I want it to with less effort on my part than the other available options. As such, Win 10 gets used.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

I had planned at staying my current job until I was taking my nursing core classes. However at the technical college I am going to requires a CNA as a prerequisite. Problem with that is absolutely no one in my area offers a night time CNA class. The latest I could find is 4 p.m. and I'm not going to lie I was getting really discouraged by that.

Then I found out the hospital here will pay for your cna if you sign a contract and work for them. Which is perfect because they will also work with my school schedule for my nursing degree, and pay for it. They have one coming up in February which I'm a little nervous about take two classes and doing cna training at the same time but they also have one this summer.

So job change it is!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

good luck with that good there are options
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Jul 2014
    Religion

Thank you! I was really feeling discouraged. I feel like it is extremely difficult for people with full time jobs to go back to school. The tech doesn't offer night time testing hours or weekend ours. The nursing program is only during the day. It's definitely not easy especially when your family is dependent on that second income. But I'm so glad I found another option that can work.

Now I just have to be "hired" for the program.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post

Then I found out the hospital here will pay for your cna if you sign a contract and work for them. Which is perfect because they will also work with my school schedule for my nursing degree, and pay for it. They have one coming up in February which I'm a little nervous about take two classes and doing cna training at the same time but they also have one this summer.

So job change it is!
    This sounds fantastic! I hope it works out the way you want!

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

Good luck Kalynraye!

This week has sucked for the most part. I need tomorrow to be better or it's a whole week wasted.
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

hope you are feeling better soon
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

My dad got some new medicine called in by his primary doctor which is good. He looks like he is feeling better. I'm going on the Nutrisystem Diet tomorrow because my mother wanted me to try it out. It was a special deal on QVC. So I will see how this does. It's not a substitute for lifestyle changes, but I will still try it.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Jul 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
    This sounds fantastic! I hope it works out the way you want!
    Thank you so much! Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    Good luck Kalynraye!

This week has sucked for the most part. I need tomorrow to be better or it's a whole week wasted.
    Thank you! I'm sorry you've had a sucky week. I hope it gets better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    My dad got some new medicine called in by his primary doctor which is good. He looks like he is feeling better. I'm going on the Nutrisystem Diet tomorrow because my mother wanted me to try it out. It was a special deal on QVC. So I will see how this does. It's not a substitute for lifestyle changes, but I will still try it.
    So do both. Make some lifestyle changes and the Nutrisystem Diet.

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Pagan/ witch

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    That's usually the problem with most diets. They don't teach a healthy lifestyle. All they want is to sell their products.
    I agree with Kalynraye though. Try the diet and just use your common sense when it comes to living a healthier lifestyle. We all know apples are healthier than cookies XD