Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My next pet will be a bug

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Yeah, the place that has spiders that can lay eggs under your skin.

I'll get right on moving there. :P
    Awww c'mon... that's a myth! Ironically, bugs that lay eggs/larvae under the skin is something we DON'T have much of. Unlike places with cuterebra... *shudders*.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      LOL - I know. Every time I find a seller on the internet, the seller is in Australia.

Yes, there are stick insects native to the US, but they tend to be only a couple inches long. Leaf mimics, aside from Katydids, I don't think so...
      A few inches? Awwww little ones, I bet they are cute! Our stick insects are BIG. I used to have a photo of one we found on our front door but I can't find it today. That sucker was bigger than my hand! Nothing cuter than a tank of itty bitty babies though.

Comment

They do sell mantis here, and they are amazing, but I don't want to raise flies to feed a pet bug, so I'm going vegetarian bugs...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My son had a mantis..an interesting "BUG"
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm not particularly fond of spiders and used to be deathly afraid of them, but if I was going to have a pet bug it would probably be a tarantula. For some reason they've never really fit in the spider category in my brain. I think the stick and leaf bugs are cool too... but the tarantula might actually be able to stand up to the cats...
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
            X