Two Truths and a Lie - a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Truths and a Lie - a game

We're too serious up in hurr, guys. Let's play a game.

The rules are simple: You have to state three things about yourself. Two are the truth, and one is a lie. The poster below has to guess which it is, and then post two truths and a lie about themselves.

I'll go first:

- I prefer non-traditional breakfast foods.
    - My cat is two months younger than my tenure on this forum.
    - English is not my first language.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Re: Two Truths and a Lie - a game

Meh, I'm gonna say you're fibbing on three but I'm not entirely sure on that.

I love pizza.
    I don't watch Doctor Who.
    I'm entirely too fond of whiskey for my own good.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well the first one is true. Im jist gonna take a guess at the third being the lie?

My first celebrity crush was Marilyn Manson

I love horror movies

I own a ukulele
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Meh, I'm gonna say you're fibbing on three but I'm not entirely sure on that.

I love pizza.
        I don't watch Doctor Who.
        I'm entirely too fond of whiskey for my own good.
        You are correct. English is my first language ....I would have guessed number two as being the lie for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iris View Post
        Well the first one is true. Im jist gonna take a guess at the third being the lie?

My first celebrity crush was Marilyn Manson

I love horror movies

I own a ukulele
        Is number three wrong?

1. I own a guitar, but still don't know how to play it.
        2. My favourite beer on a hot summer's day is budweiser.
        3. My favourite ice cream as a kid was bubble gum.
        “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          You are correct. English is my first language ....I would have guessed number two as being the lie for you.
          Actually I was fibbing about Whiskey . I'm familiar with Doctor Who due to SpaceBattles and watching Youtube clips but I don't actually watch full episodes.

I think I've had Whiskey maybe twice and my opinion was pretty neutral at the time. Liquor of any sort tends to max out at, "Not bad, I may have a drink if I have nowhere to be in six hours." I go through more soda in three days than I do alcohol of any kind in most months.

Anyway, I'm gonna say you're fibbing on Budweiser just because I've never heard anyone outside the US say anything positive about American beer.

1) My favorite gun is a kind of shotgun.
          2) I do not enjoy coding in HTML
          3) I own a sword taller than some people.
          "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
          ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Actually I was fibbing about Whiskey . I'm familiar with Doctor Who due to SpaceBattles and watching Youtube clips but I don't actually watch full episodes.

I think I've had Whiskey maybe twice and my opinion was pretty neutral at the time. Liquor of any sort tends to max out at, "Not bad, I may have a drink if I have nowhere to be in six hours." I go through more soda in three days than I do alcohol of any kind in most months.

Anyway, I'm gonna say you're fibbing on Budweiser just because I've never heard anyone outside the US say anything positive about American beer.

1) My favorite gun is a kind of shotgun.
            2) I do not enjoy coding in HTML
            3) I own a sword taller than some people.
            2 sounds plausible, I really want 3 to be true. So I'm gonna guess 1 is the lie?

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is number three wrong?

1. I own a guitar, but still don't know how to play it.
            2. My favourite beer on a hot summer's day is budweiser.
            3. My favourite ice cream as a kid was bubble gum.
            No I do own a ukulele. I'm rubbish at playing it, but I have one. It's 2, I don't like horror.

Is 2 the lie?

1. I've never been outside of Europe
            2. I prefer tea over coffee
            3. I play the piano
            Last edited by iris; 07 Apr 2018, 08:55.
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

1. I've never been outside of Europe
              2. I prefer tea over coffee
              3. I play the piano
              2? Here I'm just guessing at random.

Also I was fibbing about 1, I'm not a fan of shotguns. Pistols and some rifles, yes. Shotguns, not if I'm the one shooting them. Granted, upon examination, 3 requires that the person be pretty short. The sword reaches (including handle) my chest. Most adults will be taller but I've met some exceptions.

1) I have never played a dark side character in Knights of the Old Republic
              2) My favorite character class in Neverwinter Nights 2 is warlock
              3) I have yet to finish Mass Effect 1.
              ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

OK.

1. I've been to jail.
                2. I write stories.
                3. I play RPG games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  OK.

1. I've been to jail.
                  2. I write stories.
                  3. I play RPG games.
                  1 is the fib. Since you haven't guessed at my last one, I'll leave those in place till someone does.
                  ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

Also I was fibbing about 1, I'm not a fan of shotguns. Pistols and some rifles, yes. Shotguns, not if I'm the one shooting them. Granted, upon examination, 3 requires that the person be pretty short. The sword reaches (including handle) my chest. Most adults will be taller but I've met some exceptions.

I'm guessing the second one is a lie.

Comment

I hate coffee. It's 3. I can read music, but u don't play piano.

An absolute guess, 2?

1. I speak German
                      2. I have a pet hamster
                      3. I don't have a driver's license
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I'm guessing the second one is a lie.
                        I hate coffee. It's 3. I can read music, but u don't play piano.

An absolute guess, 2?

1. I speak German
                        2. I have a pet hamster
                        3. I don't have a driver's license
                        You are both correct. I've yet to actually try a warlock by virtue of I can't be assed to keep a character inside the restrictions of chaotic or evil. I generally only get away with a bard because it takes forever (I'm generally around level 18 when it happens) for me to rack up enough law points to for my alignment to switch out of neutral good to lawful good.

Anyway, I'm voting for lack of a license.

1) I drink more coffee than any sane human being should.
                        2) I disliked Poe Dameron's story arc in Last Jedi.
                        3) I largely prefer Vampire: the Requiem to Vampire: the Masquerade.
                        Last edited by MaskedOne; 08 Apr 2018, 19:31.
                        ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

You are both correct. I've yet to actually try a warlock by virtue of I can't be assed to keep a character inside the restrictions of chaotic or evil. I generally only get away with a bard because it takes forever (I'm generally around level 18 when it happens) for me to rack up enough law points to for my alignment to switch out of neutral good to lawful good.

Anyway, I'm voting for lack of a license.

1) I drink more coffee than any sane human being should.
                          2) I disliked Poe Dameron's story arc in Last Jedi.
                          3) I largely prefer Vampire: the Requiem to Vampire: the Masquerade.
                          Nope. I really don't have a license... I also don't have a hamster.
                          Hmmm.. 3?

1. My favourite flower is rose
                          2. I've never read or watched the hunger games
                          3. I once, quite literally, ran in to Mads Mikkelsen (the actor)
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

1 is the fib. Since you haven't guessed at my last one, I'll leave those in place till someone does.
                            You're right. I never been to jail before.

1. I've been in the psych ward.
                            2. My birthday in May.
                            3. I'm married with a woman.

Comment

You're right. I never been to jail before.

1. I've been in the psych ward.
                              2. My birthday in May.
                              3. I'm married with a woman.
                              I'd guess #3 is the lie.

1. I like brussell sprouts
                              2. My favourite smell is camp-smoke
                              3. I've been to Italy

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X