Thread: QOTD, V.30 (V's version)

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Re: QOTD, V.30 (V's version)

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    What is the dumbest way you've been injured?
    In bed.

Sleeping.

Well, more accurately, trying to sit up to go to the bathroom from a sleeping position.

I kid you not, I rolled my ankle in bed, while in a prone position and, reacting to said rolled ankle (it was, unbeknownst to me, caught in sheets and I tried to yank it out), I developed back spasms in the thoracic region of my spine, fell out of bed, and slammed my face into a hardcover textbook had enough that (while not broken) every time I blew my nose for two weeks, it was bloody.

After finally making it to the bathroom and coming back to bed, along with turning the lights on to find and take 800 mg of ibuprophen and 500 mg quick release extra strength tylenol--none of which woke up my husband--I managed to go back to sleep.

In the morning, I had to have help to sit up and, after being unable to even get my bra and a shirt on (with assistance from my now contrite husband), I called in sick and laid in bed with copious amounts of pain killers for two days.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

What song have you completely memorized?
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Hm. I'd say "quite a few", but does it could if I'm only sure I can recall it while I'm singing along?
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

A lot... Like. I can't count them. I was in a chamber choir for 3 years and I still have every piece we performed memorized. Plus. Basically any song I hear and like I'll memorize. It's not something I do on purpose, it just kind of happens...
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Row, Row, Row your Boat

Mary had a Little Lamb

Happy Birthday
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

the "doors",people are strange

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot "season of the witch"

- - - Updated - - -

this one is playing in my head a lot.

Last edited by anunitu; 13 Apr 2018 at 08:40.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?

- - - Updated - - -

I met a guy in highschool who's name was pronounced "wee wang" (I'm not sure how it was spelled).

I could never help but giggle. Every time.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Hot Pickle!

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Hmmm... my best friend's middle name is Rumle, translates to rumple as in rumplestiltskin. He hates it. I love it.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

- - - Updated - - -

I met a guy in highschool who's name was pronounced "wee wang" (I'm not sure how it was spelled).

I could never help but giggle. Every time.
    There's this thing going around here where we have a street named Couch. Half of the population here pronounces it like you would expect. As in the alternative version of Sofa. Couch. (Cow-tsh). However, we have part of the population here (and it's a mix of people who were born and raised here and transplants) to are adamant that it's prounoucned Cootch. Sorry, but... No. Spell it that way if it's supposed to be pronounced that way. XD
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    There's this thing going around here where we have a street named Couch. Half of the population here pronounces it like you would expect. As in the alternative version of Sofa. Couch. (Cow-tsh). However, we have part of the population here (and it's a mix of people who were born and raised here and transplants) to are adamant that it's prounoucned Cootch. Sorry, but... No. Spell it that way if it's supposed to be pronounced that way. XD
    I'd sleep on cootch st.
    Last edited by volcaniclastic; 16 Apr 2018 at 13:58.

Hot Pickle!