Too Much Energy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Much Energy?

Before I begin, I should say that I am devoted to the Goddess Selene. It was She who answered my call for help, and set my feet upon a new path of understanding. I serve her with all of my heart.

So, suffice to say, I am new to Paganism.

Now to the meat of the thread. I love candles. There’s just something inherently magical about them. When sparked by fire, they create light, warmth, and the perfect setting for meditation, or just relaxation. Being in a meditative and relaxed state is conducive to the practice of magic, or so I have learned.

Some, in an effort to fine tune their craft, use cards, pans filled with water, mirrors, or crystals to attune themselves to what is beyond their immediate senses. I have tried a number of these (I have yet to make use of the Tarot, though I am interested), and they’ve all given me fascinating insights into the ebb and flow of energies around my body. I seem to have the most success, however, when I use nothing. While I am not one to shrug off really neat accessories to help me enter into a meditative state in order to open my mind to the universe around me, I seem to have no trouble at all accessing that plane. There is one slight problem, however: I can’t control the flow of my energy. Not yet.

When I open myself to the surrounding environment, it comes flooding in. At the same time, my energy immediately begins pouring out into the void. I’ve had candles lit (I’d rather not bang into my dresser while meditating), and they’ll start fluttering like they’re in a high wind, and I promise you not a breath of air (aside from my own) is in the room. The incense smoke rising into the air changes direction, and begins to surround me.

I have collapsed while engaging in my meditations. I shake, I can feel my whole body go numb, then a wave of white hot heat, followed by the feeling of being submerged in ice water, before the numbness returns. Everything becomes clearer, sharper, and suddenly I’m aware of every molecule, every atom. It feels like someone fired a canon of white hot energy straight out of my forehead!
    Next thing I know, everything’s back to normal, but I can barely move. I wonder if part of it is because I denied accessing that part of me for so long? I’ve always been aware of it. When I was a Christian (I was born into the faith due to family), I considered it dark and evil. When I was an atheist (in my late 20s), I ignored it, pretended it wasn’t there, considered it nothing more than illusion or fantasy. Here I am now, though, and I know otherwise. Not only is it real to me, but it has a real effect on everything I do. Perhaps it’s because I’m so new at trying to control it, like a person who is exercising long dormant muscles they never knew they had.

Regardless, it is an incredible experience. It takes nothing to make it happen, either. I don’t need candles, cards, crystals (title drop!), music, or anything. All I have to do is focus on my own presence for a few moments, and I’m in like Flynn drinking gin in a Mercedes Benz. Regulating this kind of energy may be the most difficult part of it all. I am curious as to whether anyone else has this issue, but I can’t ask it in the places I usually visit on the internet, so here I am.
    Last edited by Amaris; 08 Apr 2018, 22:27. Reason: Odd formatting.

Re: Too Much Energy?

Do you ground yourself when you do energy work like this? It might help you with the flying all over the place feeling.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      Do you ground yourself when you do energy work like this? It might help you with the flying all over the place feeling.
      I do. I ground myself to the earth. It just gets so overpowering so quickly.

Comment

Oh, I should add because I just remembered! When I perform rituals, I do ground myself, but sometimes I'll be walking or driving, and I'll just dive right into it, and feel it all over, and it happens with little provocation, and before I can ground myself. I'm not sure what to do about that.

(Also, I apologize for the double post, but I couldn't edit my initial response)

Comment

I'll leave most of this to others but the post edit issue is due to timing. We cap edit times for non-staff at 10-15 minutes (I haven't looked at the setting in ages). There's a cheap workaround due to the site auto-merge feature but that fails after an hour when your post is no longer eligible for automerge. As a result, we also don't have the same objections to double posts that boards with more generous edit times do. Long as each post has something to say that's relevant, multi-posting isn't a major issue. I'm more likely (for a given value of more likely )to get in trouble for it because my edit time is effectively whenever I please and automerge doesn't apply to me than just about anyone else on the board. If you ever post something that you really need edited after the edit window passes then toss a link into staff comms and long as the staff agree* then one of us will alter it for you.

* We're generally pretty benign about minor requests and odds are we will grant an edit request.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Ah, okay, thank you, MaskedOne.

Comment

Working...
            X