Bill Cosby Found Guility Of Sexual Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Cosby Found Guility Of Sexual Assault

Today I read on the internet saying that Bill Cosby is found guility of sexual assault. Wow, now he's going to be on the sex offender registry for life. :O

Re: Bill Cosby Found Guility Of Sexual Assault

The man is 80 and about to be tossed in a cell for a multi-year sentence. There's no guarantee that he'll live long enough to worry about the sex offender registry.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Still, suprising. I remember when I first heard about these allegations years ago. I was like really. Cliff Huxtable?!? I was born in 1978. I looked at the cosby show not only as an introduction to black people, as there were none anywhere around me. I think I might have seen three black people in real life by 1993, and none before the cosby show. I was educated and knew about racism and all that stuff but the cosby show made it much easier to talk about in school for teachers. But cosby was also a dad figure for me. After all the allegations came forward I didn't want to believe there was at least some truth to it but I couldn't ignore it.
      To me this whole situation illustrates to me, that the court of public opinion was a failsafe on the justice system. Something that so many have abandoned in order to use talking point from their tribe, in order to protect one or two things their tribe promises them.

It just makes me feel so many things. I'll let my next beer breathe for 30 minutes, part sacrifice- it'll get warm- can't drink for 30 min, part offering - Zeus can take what he wants, and so can the daemons, part silent tribute. Let Zeus bring the thunder to charge the forces that be to change things.
      Last edited by pillar; 26 Apr 2018, 13:16.

Comment

I feel so bad about his wife though.

Comment

Working...
        X