been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been a while

been a while since I'v been here but anyone know anything about spells/curses ? lately it seems even though I do not consider myself Christian I have had a strong desire to wear a cross around my neck and to wear it all the time so I was wondering if someone had put a spell on me without me knowing it so that would happen and if such a thing was even possible ?
    Last edited by oldhippie; 26 Apr 2018, 17:41. Reason: fix spelling

Re: been a while

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
    been a while since I'v been here but anyone know anything about spells/curses ? lately it seems even though I do not consider myself Christian I have had a strong desire to wear a cross around my neck and to wear it all the time so I was wondering if someone had put a spell on me without me knowing it so that would happen and if such a thing was even possible ?
    Attempts to sway minds have been part and parcel of sorcery for a long time. There's a reason for ethical debates on love spells after all. That said, curses require a motivation. What is the motivation to wield sorcery against you just to get you to wear a cross?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Attempts to sway minds have been part and parcel of sorcery for a long time. There's a reason for ethical debates on love spells after all. That said, curses require a motivation. What is the motivation to wield sorcery against you just to get you to wear a cross?
      I have no idea other than there are a lot of bible thumpers around were I live

Comment

If you had a history form being in a christian environment as a kid,you might have a few buried effects from indoctrination. Having been a kid in such an environment,it pops up from time to time. for myself. Believe it or not their are groups for recovering christian. I met a guy who was so "guilty" when he masturbated he chewed his own thumbs off. So,perhaps consider checking into that. True story BTW.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My first thoughts were that this desire to wear a cross may be stemming from some subconscious need to feel safe, protected or secure from a threat of some kind. Is there anything happening in your life or environment that has been stressful or imposing? As anunitu mentioned, coming from a Christian background may simply be incidental in defaulting to an item that was, at one point, associated with spiritual protection. May not be the case - just my two cents.

Comment

yes I was in a christian environment as a kid till I was
            about 10 years old so yes there might be a few buried artifacts from that.
            as far as environment there has not been anything out of the ordinary just the same old shit different day stuff
            Me Cross (1).JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
            yes I was in a christian environment as a kid till I was
            about 10 years old so yes there might be a few buried artifacts from that.
            as far as environment there has not been anything out of the ordinary just the same old shit different day stuff
            Me Cross (1).JPG
            wanted to add but it will not let me edit, I have been wearing a Baphomet pendant until recently

Comment

Welcome back, oldhippie!

Cross symbolism isn't always Christian, though we have largely been conditioned to think that it is. I would seriously consider doing some research on crosses and their meanings to different cultures.

Also, I know that you tend to surround yourself with Celtic imagery... have you thought of the fact that many Celtic cultures were converted to Christianity and that maybe this sudden desire to wear a cross is in some way an exploration of that? I am not particularly well versed in Celtic culture and symbolism, but I know that there are many places that had (and still have) an odd blend of Christian and earlier Celtic traditions. I suspect there is much more to your recent interest than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                Welcome back, oldhippie!

Cross symbolism isn't always Christian, though we have largely been conditioned to think that it is. I would seriously consider doing some research on crosses and their meanings to different cultures.

Also, I know that you tend to surround yourself with Celtic imagery... have you thought of the fact that many Celtic cultures were converted to Christianity and that maybe this sudden desire to wear a cross is in some way an exploration of that? I am not particularly well versed in Celtic culture and symbolism, but I know that there are many places that had (and still have) an odd blend of Christian and earlier Celtic traditions. I suspect there is much more to your recent interest than meets the eye.
                it could very well be, I am going to have to see if I can dig a bit further
                I also Me Big Russian Cross.JPGdid get a Russian style cross

Comment

Welcome back!
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Me Big Russian Cross.JPGjust a bit of an update,I have been wearing the Russian style cross for the last week or 2 and
                    am finding that the more I wear it the more I feel the need to be wearing it and not wanting to take it off
                    Last edited by oldhippie; 07 May 2018, 10:19.

Comment

Easy habits are easy habits. Wearing a cross is an easy habit to form.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Easy habits are easy habits. Wearing a cross is an easy habit to form.
                        yes it seems to be

Comment

I do understand,I have a pent ring I always wear,never take it off,and on the wed ring finger.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            I do understand,I have a pent ring I always wear,never take it off,and on the wed ring finger.
                            and so far I have not taken the cross off

Comment

well I am still wearing a cross is there anything to help resist temptation of wearing a cross or should I just accept that it might be my fate to be wearing a cross ?

Comment

Working...
                              X