Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No children? You're a traitor to America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No children? You're a traitor to America!

Yeah, well, OK - Fox News...

Fox has published an opinion article outlining the reasons that childless people are destroying this country.

While selective immigration in conjunction with a naturally growing population and economy can be a healthy phenomenon, using immigration as a substitute for having enough of our own children leads us down an easy and comfortable but ultimately perilous route without precedent in American history.

People having fewer or no children at all may seem at first blush to be simply making a personal choice, of consequence only to themselves. However, this decision is actually one with profound political implications.

No matter where on Earth a person lives, parenthood is a lifelong investment. The willingness to make that investment is a critical indicator and determinant of a person’s political viewpoint.
    Dammed Democrats! Dammed libtards!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: No children? You're a traitor to America!

Fox: Don't make school shootings about politics!
    Also Fox: Whether or not you pop out children is a very political thing.

I hate these people...
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

If having kids is all that important,then should we as a country spend a lot on medical coverage for children and their parents also insuring children get enough FOOD,and affordable shelter. also raising wages for women to raise their children. Also making education(Collage cheap as well) then we get smart and healthy adults who will be able to afford many children,and be educated enough not to elect idiots(Think the orange idiot we now have)
      Last edited by anunitu; 24 May 2018, 08:14.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Part of my decision to have children was knowing that the extreme right pops them out like candy... it was a small part, but it was in the back of my head. We have to grow our ranks!
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

What political viewpoint exactly is it you're making by not wanting to make a lifetime investment in raising children? Because I'm failing to see the political statement... except, perhaps, the world is over populated already so I'll just not add more people. Also that whole "our own children" like someone from the outside is a threat to your little closed society and must be outnumbered. I call bulls**t.
          Oh and what Anu said. I'll second that.
          Last edited by iris; 24 May 2018, 09:36.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            What political viewpoint exactly is it you're making by not wanting to make a lifetime investment in raising children? Because I'm failing to see the political statement... except, perhaps, the world is over populated already so I'll just not add more people. Also that whole "our own children" like someone from the outside is a threat to your little closed society and must be outnumbered. I call bulls**t.
            Oh and what Anu said. I'll second that.
            Basically they believe that by choosing not to have children, these people are making our "native" population decrease, so to keep a steady population we have to allow immigrants. And they HATE immigrants. Unless they're fancy European model types. I honestly think these people believe that we should completely close the borders, which is insane. They forget that we're a country of immigrants.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

That's the most stupidest political arugment I ever heard. I'm childless and that's makes me a traitor of my own country. So stupid.

Comment

Right....

The states with the highest fertility rate largely voted for the most blatantly corrupt ****wit to hold the White House in the modern era and he thinks this is a compelling argument for his cause...

I'm not entirely sure that I have a coherent response to that so I'll let someone else make one for me

"It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Right....

The states with the highest fertility rate largely voted for the most blatantly corrupt ****wit to hold the White House in the modern era and he thinks this is a compelling argument for his cause...

I'm not entirely sure that I have a coherent response to that so I'll let someone else make one for me

Obviously people are getting idiotic everyday and the people who voted this moron actually think that's he doing a great job running this country. Total BS!

Comment

I love to bamboozle right-wingers with that. I'm in my 60's, never had kids, was married for only 3 years in the 1980's. So when somebody gets snarky with me about it, I just say "Well, I wasn't married. How could I have had a kid?" and they get all flustery, because of their own rules about what should and shouldn't go on outside of marriage. If they babble about adoption, I remind them of the rules for that and how I didn't live in a big enough place, earn enough, etc., back then.

Of course, I was NEVER going to be having any kids, married or not. But I like to get the ball rolling sometimes with people.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Uh aren't dogs children?
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                        Uh aren't dogs children?
                        Not unless they reliably vote Republican.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Not unless they reliably vote Republican.
                          LOL! That's true!
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Politics is getting way too stupid everyday.

Comment

you noticed!!
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X