X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Platonic Realism

This sounds familiar,does it not.

Here.

Adolf Hitler quotes (showing 1-30 of 364)
    “If you win, you need not have to explain...If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”
    ― Adolf Hitler
    tags: philosophy, war
    2197 likes
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
    ― Adolf Hitler
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      so,is this what you are trying to explain?
      Yes, that post was written by me. Posting irrelevant material won't change anything. The world is (going to be) Mithraic irrespective of whether you like it or not.

Buddhism, Catholicism and other countless sects of Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Islamism, Taoism, Secularism, Wiccanism etc are all false and we know that everyone hates us just like they hated the Gnostics. I know what you'll do next you'll post random pics of cats. I don't care if you're not interested, there are people out there who do.

Comment

Originally posted by saura View Post

Buddhism, Catholicism and other countless sects of Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Islamism, Taoism, Secularism, Wiccanism etc are all false
        Care to prove that to me?

Also I saw you talking about "empirical evidence".
        Originally posted by Wikipedia
        Empirical evidence, also known as sensory experience, is the information received by means of the senses, particularly by observation and documentation of patterns and behavior through experimentation.
        The sensory experience part is only valid if it can be consistently reproduced and documented by any sane individual. Is this the case?
        Last edited by Sean R. R.; 21 Jul 2018, 13:10.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
          Care to prove that to me?
          The validity of Platonic realism implies that all other religions based on different philosophical views are false.

Buddhism:

The doctrine of Anatta by Buddha is at odds with Platonic philosophy and his philosophy was kicked out of India by Shankara in the 6th century when Buddhist monks lost out in their debates and being embarrassed committed suicide by jumping into wells.

"No further special discussion is required. From whatever points of view the Buddhist systems are tested with regard to their plausibility, they cave in on all sides, like the walls of a well dug in sandy soil. [Buddhist philosophy] has, in fact, no foundation whatever to rest upon, and thus it is foolish to adopt it as a guide in the practical concerns of life. Moreover, the Buddha,3 by presenting three mutually contradictory systems of philosophy — teaching respectively the reality of the external world, the reality of consciousness-only, and general emptiness — has himself made it clear either that he was a man given to making incoherent assertions, or else that hatred of all beings moved him to propound absurd doctrines that would thoroughly confuse all who might take him seriously. Thus, the Buddha's doctrine must be entirely disregarded by all those who have a regard for their own happiness."

- Shankara
          Christianity:

How is Christianity is any way different from Platonism when its second founder, Paul of Tarsus has introduced the doctrine of mystery cults in every verse of the New Testament.

"I found that whatever truth I had read [in the Platonists] was [in the writings of Paul] combined with the exaltation of thy grace.”
          - Saint Augustine
          I have to completely agree with Augustine here and we now know that Paul was a Gnostic.

Hinduism:

Since this religion does not have a clear cut definition of what its followers believe in I don't know what to refute.

Taoism and Jainism fail to acknowledge the existence of an omnipotent anthropomorphic being which Plato identifies with the GOOD or The Sun.

Also I saw you talking about "empirical evidence".

The sensory experience part is only valid if it can be consistently reproduced and documented by any sane individual. Is this the case?
          I can give you many examples of indirect evidence for the existence of the divine light rays of Helios-Mithras but if you have to see him and his rays directly then you obviously have to experiment yourself with the Theurgical rituals.

1. Astrology accurately predicts the events of ones life right from the time the soul comes out of the womb into the world till the time soul leaves the world. Science cannot even predict whether an electron will pass through one slit or the other. The science of astrology was bestowed to mankind by Helios.

2. Rain making rituals have been documented to have efficacy through out history by Proclus, Julian the Theurgist and Agni Hotra rituals in the east.

3. Yoga too has come down to us from the Sun. https://www.consciouslifestylemag.co...n-yoga-powers/

Comment

The validity of Platonic realism implies that all other religions based on different philosophical views are false.
            Wait so all you're saying is "My religion is true, therefore others are false." That is the least useful explanation ever.

What about Satanism? How can you disprove that what I have seen and experienced is false, even though you have no way of disproving my own internal knowledge? You can try to explain it, of course, just as Christianity explained many psychiatric problems with possession.

All you're saying that if you are a follower of your religion, then you have to consider all others as false.

Astrology doesn't accurately predict nothing, as life isn't predictable. Maybe you can guess a possible outcome based on probability, but I don't believe in fate nor destiny, only the chaos and rules that govern it.

Who documented rain rituals? On what basis?

The article about yoga, at the very end, claims scientific proof without really citing any of the findings, that is fishy enough for me to disregard the whole thing as unverifiable.

I don't know man, you say the truth will come out eventually, so why bother trying to spread it?

Comment

one thing is always true,no matter how much incense you burn around it, BS is always BS.
              Last edited by anunitu; 22 Jul 2018, 06:22.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Taoism and Jainism fail to acknowledge the existence of an omnipotent anthropomorphic being which Plato identifies with the GOOD or The Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post
                  I'm a little late to the party — delurking after a year or so — but I can't resist this one. Exactly where does Plato equate the Good and the Sun. In Republic 6.508 he says that the Sun stands in relation to visible things as the Good does no inteligables; not that they are the same.
                  Read here:
                  The Symbolism of the Sun and Light in the Republic of Plato. II

And where does he say that the Good is an "omnipotent anthropomorphic being"?
                  The Demiurge is an anthropomorphic being.

Read here:
                  The Good or The Demiurge: Causation and the Unity of Good in Plato

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so all you're saying is "My religion is true, therefore others are false." That is the least useful explanation ever.

What about Satanism? How can you disprove that what I have seen and experienced is false, even though you have no way of disproving my own internal knowledge? You can try to explain it, of course, just as Christianity explained many psychiatric problems with possession.

All you're saying that if you are a follower of your religion, then you have to consider all others as false.

Astrology doesn't accurately predict nothing, as life isn't predictable. Maybe you can guess a possible outcome based on probability, but I don't believe in fate nor destiny, only the chaos and rules that govern it.

Who documented rain rituals? On what basis?

The article about yoga, at the very end, claims scientific proof without really citing any of the findings, that is fishy enough for me to disregard the whole thing as unverifiable.

I don't know man, you say the truth will come out eventually, so why bother trying to spread it?
                  The beauty of the doctrine of Emanationism is that we can identify where each god exists in the hierarchy. I cannot really disprove ones experience of something unless they somehow manifest those experiences onto the visible world. For ex: the raptures of Saint Teresa of Avila.

If your Satan is just one of the gods in an hierarchy of heavens then it is quite easy to prove that he is not the original creator of the Cosmos.

Comment

If your Satan is just one of the gods in an hierarchy of heavens then it is quite easy to prove that he is not the original creator of the Cosmos.
                    How do you prove such a hierarchy exists in the first place?

Comment

I am wondering just why this line of reasoning should be a path to anything enlightening. Seems circler only.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

kind of like this.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

How do you prove such a hierarchy exists in the first place?
                          People across different cultures have claimed that such an hierarchy exists.

"It is reasonable to agree that when there is a core agreement in the religious experiences of people in different times, places, and traditions, and when they have the same rational interpretations of the experiences; it makes sense to conclude that they are all in contact with some objective aspect of reality, unless there is positive evidence otherwise."

- Charlie Dunbar Broad, Argument from Religious experience

Egyptians (Ogdoad), Greco-Romans (
                          Orphic mysteries - Phanes), Gnostic Christians (Pleroma), Taoists (Inner gods), Indo-Persians (Hiranyagarbha) have all claimed that such an hierarchy exists and there are sufficient reasons to believe in them.

thirtynine_gates.jpg
                          Last edited by saura; 24 Aug 2018, 22:54.

Comment

So you said that all other religions were false, but now you're using what others say to show that your religion is true? I don't get it.

Sidenote: in the words of the soothsayer-ing bard "In the end only kindness matters".
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

sufficient reasons to believe in them.
                              Which sufficient reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                                So you said that all other religions were false, but now you're using what others say to show that your religion is true? I don't get it.
                                May be I did not set the context right. Yes, the major orthodox religions of the world are all false but there are few people from these same religions who have abandoned orthodoxy and established a new esoteric religion after realizing the truth of Platonic realism. For example:

Paul and Valentinus - Paul abandoned Judaism after realizing the truth and went on to spread out a new Gospel. Valentinus, the 2nd century Christian followed in Paul footsteps and established the largest gnostic movement challenging the orthodoxy of Irenaeus and Tertullian. Every gnostic scholar knows how Platonic the theology of Valentinianism is.

Padmasambhava - He is the second founder of Buddhism and the father of Vajrayana Buddhism and this form of Buddhism is highly Platonic.

As you can see these esoteric religions are not the major representatives of a religion and my war is against these major representatives who are off the truth by a long way. So while the outer exoteric layers of all world religions are false there are rare sub sects with in these religions who possess knowledge of the true conception of reality.

Sidenote: in the words of the soothsayer-ing bard "In the end only kindness matters".
                                I am at war against the orthodox religions of the world and my arrogance is consistent with my beliefs.

"Knowledge of the Truth make us very arrogant and it even gives us a sense of superiority over the whole world."

- Gospel of Philip

- - - Updated - - -

Which sufficient reasons?
                                How do you explain the similar experiential insights by people from different cultures across varying timelines? Their revelations proves that an hierarchy exists and people who have gone on that route were never disappointed because the Platonic realm indeed exists.

"While Buddhism is deemed nontheistic, the Vedas are regarded as polytheistic, and the Bible is monotheistic, we have seen that the cosmogonies of Vajrayana Buddhism, Vedanta, and Neoplatonic Christianity have so much in common that they could almost be regarded as varying interpretations of a single theory. Moreover, the commonality does not end there, for in the Near East, the writings of Plotinus (205-270) also influenced Islamic and Jewish theories of creation. This apparent unity could be attributed to mere coincidence, or to the historical propagation of a single, speculative, metaphysical theory throughout south Asia and the Near East. For example, the Upanishads may well have influenced the writings of early Mahayana thinkers in India, and they could also have made their way to the Near East, where they might have inspired the writings of Plotinus. On the other hand, Plotinus declared that his theories were based on his own experiential insights, and similar claims have been made by many Buddhist and Vedantin contemplatives. If these cosmogonies are indeed based upon valid introspective knowledge, then there may some plausibility to the claims of many contemplatives throughout the world that introspective inquiry can lead to knowledge, not only of the ultimate ground of being, but of the fundamental laws of nature as well."

- Dr. Alan Wallace, Buddhist scholar

Comment

Working...
                                X