Hekate and mint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hekate and mint

Does anyone here know of any authentic documentation of a connection between Hekate and mint? I find one with Hades, but I just keep finding circular reference to the same quote about mint in regard to Hecate. I shall survive without an answer, but it is like a mosquito in my ear at the moment.

I am also interested in any UPG on this that you may wish to share.
    Last edited by Prickly Pear; 21 Jun 2018, 08:23. Reason: edited to add and clarify

Re: Hekate and mint

i am wondering if by upg you mean?

Unverified personal gnosis
    Unverified personal gnosis (often abbreviated UPG) is the phenomenological concept that an individual's spiritual insights (or gnosis) may be valid for them without being generalizable to the experience of others.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes, I mean unverified personal gnosis. I know there are sometimes people on this site who have studied in more depth than I, and have reliable academic knowledge and can point me in the right direction academically. But I also know there are some people on this site may have had unverified personal gnosis on this. While I tend to take UPG with a grain of salt, I am still interested. So if someone here has reason to believe that Hekate really likes a cup of mint tea, for instance, it might help satisfy my curiosity about this.

This is not super urgent, it is just nagging at me.

Comment

i know that feeling also
        ,pear.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

In all my research I've never come across anything that connects Hekate to any sort of mint. That said, given Hekate was also associated with the usage of plants and mint was known as a herb and used in that capacity Hekate would be the goddess that would be connected to it in magical usage. So indirectly she would have a connection via teaching how to use it and it's properties. But it wouldn't hold any sacred or special purpose or function to her specifically that I am aware of.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            In all my research I've never come across anything that connects Hekate to any sort of mint. That said, given Hekate was also associated with the usage of plants and mint was known as a herb and used in that capacity Hekate would be the goddess that would be connected to it in magical usage. So indirectly she would have a connection via teaching how to use it and it's properties. But it wouldn't hold any sacred or special purpose or function to her specifically that I am aware of.
            Thank you! I was really hoping you would chime in. I kept finding it mentioned in incense recipes, and as a list of sacred herbs, but they tended to be on witchcraft sites that seemed to quote each other verbatim, and not really Greek tradition sites at all. I had realized that I like to use mint for a purpose that I associate with Hecate, but wondered about how that would actually reconcile with Persephone issues. I think that is another thread though. with a possibly long post involving woo. I'll leave this one to be about Hecate and herbs.

Comment

Working...
            X