I Went To My Very First Gay Pride Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Went To My Very First Gay Pride Parade

Hey everybody. This past Sunday I went to my very first gay pride parade with my job to march in. But first I arrive at my job very early early in the afternoon then we were having a party. Then around at 4:30 PM we walk to the parade t march in. It's was very frustrating t wait so long to start marching in the parade. Then at 7:20 PM we finally start marching and we finshed the parade at 8:45 PM. I have fun despite the long wait.

Re: I Went To My Very First Gay Pride Parade

That sounds really cool. I know it must of been frustrating waiting so long, but it must of been cool nonetheless.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      That sounds really cool. I know it must of been frustrating waiting so long, but it must of been cool nonetheless.
      It was frustrating. I was about to leave the parade and go home but I didn't.

Comment

Lucky lmao.

I'm pansexual and want to go to a pride parade so bad

Comment

My first pride was something very special to me and I'm lucky to have been able to attend as a teenager. While I've always been involved in activism, I find something really unique and affirming in pride. It's an expression of rebellion against the social order, a celebration of that which sets us apart and so often causes others to scorn us. Yet with that it's joyous, it's colorful, it's loud and boisterous and so openly proud of all that, and knowing how it's the product of decades of activism, effort, and plain old stubbornness makes it all the better. I've only been to pride a few times since, but I will always enjoy it.
          Circe

Comment

i've always wanted to go to one to just soak in all the wonderful diversity.

Comment

I have seen more than a few when I lived in San Francisco,I grew up in the bay area(Oakland) and used to go to SF to the hungry eye in north beach when I was into the "BEAT" in high school,I was a budding social outsider,explains my finding pagan path.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

At least you had a good time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate it. To be honest I was going to lied to my church just in case if they called to know where I was. But they didn't. I thought that they going to condemn me but after the parade. I went to the Christian chatroom app in my phone that I told them that I was at the gay pride parade and they were ok with this.

Comment

Working...
                  X