Thread: I Went To My Very First Gay Pride Parade

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I Went To My Very First Gay Pride Parade

Hey everybody. This past Sunday I went to my very first gay pride parade with my job to march in. But first I arrive at my job very early early in the afternoon then we were having a party. Then around at 4:30 PM we walk to the parade t march in. It's was very frustrating t wait so long to start marching in the parade. Then at 7:20 PM we finally start marching and we finshed the parade at 8:45 PM. I have fun despite the long wait.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Re: I Went To My Very First Gay Pride Parade

That sounds really cool. I know it must of been frustrating waiting so long, but it must of been cool nonetheless.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    That sounds really cool. I know it must of been frustrating waiting so long, but it must of been cool nonetheless.
    It was frustrating. I was about to leave the parade and go home but I didn't.

Lucky lmao.

I'm pansexual and want to go to a pride parade so bad

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    it is futile to seek or to affirm meaning where none can be found

My first pride was something very special to me and I'm lucky to have been able to attend as a teenager. While I've always been involved in activism, I find something really unique and affirming in pride. It's an expression of rebellion against the social order, a celebration of that which sets us apart and so often causes others to scorn us. Yet with that it's joyous, it's colorful, it's loud and boisterous and so openly proud of all that, and knowing how it's the product of decades of activism, effort, and plain old stubbornness makes it all the better. I've only been to pride a few times since, but I will always enjoy it.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Aug 2018
    Religion
    gnostic luciferian
    Phrase
    veritas lvx mea

i've always wanted to go to one to just soak in all the wonderful diversity.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I have seen more than a few when I lived in San Francisco,I grew up in the bay area(Oakland) and used to go to SF to the hungry eye in north beach when I was into the "BEAT" in high school,I was a budding social outsider,explains my finding pagan path.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Always changing

At least you had a good time.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate it. To be honest I was going to lied to my church just in case if they called to know where I was. But they didn't. I thought that they going to condemn me but after the parade. I went to the Christian chatroom app in my phone that I told them that I was at the gay pride parade and they were ok with this.