My experiences—not sure what they mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experiences—not sure what they mean

I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Just off the top of my head but as I read this I got the idea of animism. Especially in your usage of the term "Grandfather" as you see that usage in many Native American belief systems for a larger masculine side of animism. It's not specifically a deity but a larger idea of a spirit that fills all things and ties all things together. That's a very crude idea for certain of how it works as you'd hear people refer to Grandfather Mountain, Grandmother Sky, Grandfather River, Grandmother Willow, etc as various aspects or manifestations.

Then it could be seen both as aspects of Animism or Animatism depending upon how one views it as a greater whole. I'm not doing it justice explaining it. But basically it's the idea that everything could be seen as alive and aware to a degree in the world. Which category one uses to a degree defines to which level for instance all plants and their parts or just the major family group for instance.
      Animism….honestly, I hadn't considered that. (As mentioned before, I'm kind of new to paganism—growing up I was pretty much forbidden from looking into any faith other than the one practiced at home, and I just kind of fell into that habit as I got older.) But from the way you describe it, it seems like it might fit what I already believe?

I think I'll look into it more. Are there any resources you'd recommend?

Comment

Comment

I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
          X