Thread: What Am I?

What Am I?

Hello! I am hoping that someone will be able to help me.

I am not entirely sure what “subgroup”/branch of Paganism I would be considered to be anymore. I have tried looking it up, but the Internet’s opinion seems to be skued, unfortunately.

When my Journey first started, I was pretty heavily Wiccan. I learned everything I knew from a group of girls I met on campus, I had an altar and performed rituals for/with Athena, and I was adorned with pentacles.

Now, four years later, I have been unsure and on/off of the Pagan path in general. I do not really believe in/worship the deities anymore, but I still have an amazing connection with nature. I believe that my true faith lies in the Earth/Universe and in karma (which is arguably also just the energy of those two).

I don’t really do spells anymore, but I still like celebrating the holidays and performing small “rituals” by filling my house with the appropriate things...but I find myself thinking on successful spells and rituals of the past all of the time...also I do perform the occasional tarot reading still.

I don’t believe I would be considered Wiccan anymore, but I don’t really know what I am...I would really love to know because I have found a rather large Pagan group that meets near by, but I should probably have my beliefs in order before I do that...

Sorry for the lengthy posts. Any help or opinions are surely appreciated.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: What Am I?

think enclitic,that works for me,and many others.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Thanks for the reply! I’ve been reading a lot on this forum and I actually think that I am Pantheistic. That seems to align most with my beliefs and I’m already practicing like some others who have identified as such. I’m sure I do contain some eclectic qualities as well though.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Well the beautiful thing about paganism is that you don't need to fit in a box. It's really just a broad term for anything that isn't one of the major religions. You get to make your own path, and because we often do forge the path for ourselves, not everyone fits in a certain category. "I believe in nature" is perfectly valid, you don't need a name for it.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

In my opinion, spiritual belief systems are mostly b.s. dressed in fancy clothes. But somewhere in all that b.s., there is something of value. You don't have join the costume party, but it's worthwhile to look for the gold.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.