Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard about the Catholic molestation case in Pennsylvania?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard about the Catholic molestation case in Pennsylvania?

Has anyone seen or heard about the Catholic molestation case in Pennsylvania? Here's the link:https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018...port-released/. I think it is sick and revolting that people of the Catholic church can get away with sexual abusing children when they are going to the church to worship. Now I'm not saying the Catholic church is the only one, but it shouldn't be able to cover up their wrong doings. It's just not right. According to what I saw and heard on the news, over 300 priests sexually abused over 1000 children. This can't have gone by without someone noticing. I mean come on. If you go to the page, there is a report that is over 800 pages long and this was from about two years of gathering evidence and prosecuting, etc... Some of the victims killed themselves or just aren't mentally the same. I heard one boy tried to join the priesthood because he felt that was his calling, but couldn't and got out to start an advocacy group. Sexual abuse itself needs to stop, but when you trust in someone that is supposed to be religious what can you do? What do you think?
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Has anyone heard about the Catholic molestation case in Pennsylvania?

I think the whole thing is sick and digusting. What I find most sad about it is that some victims don't report their sexual abuse and the stature of limitations runs out. (Which I think the stature of limitations is a load of crap by the way.) This really needs to stop.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 14 Aug 2018, 16:25.

Comment

I ran into this stuff as a kid back in California. Being I was a tuff kid having grown up on the street mostly. I was sent to a Catholic summer camp at about 12 years old,and had a priest start stuff,and being me,i flipped him off(you should know at that age I also carried a knife on me) not uncommon in my neighborhood for us kids. I ended up hitching back to Oakland from that summer camp.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        I think the whole thing is sick and digusting. What I find most sad about it is that some victims don't report their sexual abuse and the stature of limitations runs out. (Which I think the stature of limitations is a load of crap by the way.) This really needs to stop.
        I so agree about the statute of limitations. These children are manipulated and they are taught that they should keep it a secret between themselves and the priest. Often times it is too late when they realize that it wasn't their fault or the priest was at fault. These 'priests' may be "men of god" but that does not mean that they can escape the law of man.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          I so agree about the statute of limitations. These children are manipulated and they are taught that they should keep it a secret between themselves and the priest. Often times it is too late when they realize that it wasn't their fault or the priest was at fault. These 'priests' may be "men of god" but that does not mean that they can escape the law of man.
          It's a good thing that I never grew up at a Catholic Church. These priests at so unworthy to be called themselves the men of god.

Comment

I went to Catholic school grades 1-5 and am still in touch with some classmates from that time. We were lucky, I guess, because no one heard of anything out of line happening with our priests. There were 4 of them, 2 old & 2 young. I remember the young ones running into the schoolyard sometimes at recess and batting a ball around with the boys, and the nuns would turn a jump rope for us girls. We were kinda scared of them but only because they were authority figures.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think the priests should be called themselves the men of scum.

Comment

when my grandmother lived with us,(she was a french Catholic,think Irish Catholic) strict.aand I had to do catechism and my dad,who was what was called a jack Catholic,a term for in name only religious type. when my GM died my dad would no longer allow us to speak french(GM spoke only french) so lost my french,did I mention my dad was french Canadian. born in Calgary. he came here to the states and joined the US army and became a citizen. so I am first generation US citizenmy mom was born in san francisco,back in 1912 to english and Italian parents. (English,Irish,french,Italian and dutch if you wondered)
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  when my grandmother lived with us,(she was a french Catholic,think Irish Catholic) strict.aand I had to do catechism and my dad,who was what was called a jack Catholic,a term for in name only religious type. when my GM died my dad would no longer allow us to speak french(GM spoke only french) so lost my french,did I mention my dad was french Canadian. born in Calgary. he came here to the states and joined the US army and became a citizen. so I am first generation US citizenmy mom was born in san francisco,back in 1912 to english and Italian parents. (English,Irish,french,Italian and dutch if you wondered)
                  My great grandmother came from Hungary and my grandmother was fully Hungarian. She married my grandfather who was American (though I don't know all of his racial background). I'm 1/4 Hungarian and so is my sister. The thing that makes me sick is that I was in a Catholic school from Kindergarten till part of the fifth grade. My grandmother was all about the Catholic church till the day she died. Also what makes me sick is that some people think that you can do whatever you want during the week then go to church on Sunday and be cleansed of your sins. It doesn't work like that. I'm sorry. That's what my grandma thought. These has to be a way to weed out the pedophiles and not necessarily control the church (because church is separate from state), but keep them from hiding their secrets. These are children and children are more important than the damned church.
                  Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    My great grandmother came from Hungary and my grandmother was fully Hungarian. She married my grandfather who was American (though I don't know all of his racial background). I'm 1/4 Hungarian and so is my sister. The thing that makes me sick is that I was in a Catholic school from Kindergarten till part of the fifth grade. My grandmother was all about the Catholic church till the day she died. Also what makes me sick is that some people think that you can do whatever you want during the week then go to church on Sunday and be cleansed of your sins. It doesn't work like that. I'm sorry. That's what my grandma thought. These has to be a way to weed out the pedophiles and not necessarily control the church (because church is separate from state), but keep them from hiding their secrets. These are children and children are more important than the damned church.
                    The church doesn't even care if they hurt children. They always want to keep everything quiet and remains a clean image for the church. This is the reason that so many people who are Catholic turn away from the church. Real talk.

Comment

Here in Adelaide, we actually had some sense of justice. We recently had the Archbishop of Adelaide resign in disgrace after he was convicted of covering up a priest's molestation of children.

Pope Francis accepted the resignation of the Archbishop of Adelaide Philip Wilson who was convicted of covering up sexual abuse. 

Comment

I totally understand what you are saying. This is uncalled for and serious investigation needs to happen. It has already happened like you said. It's like they don't care. This is what makes me hate this world sometimes. Not the world, but the some of the crazy people who run this world. Please understand one thing though. This is in quote to your sentence, " There has to be a way to weed out the pedophiles and not necessarily control the church because church is separate from state, but keep them from hiding their secrets." Not all pedophiles are monsters and child molesters. Not all child molesters are pedophiles. They are just twisted in the way that they want to cause harm to a child. Most victims who were raped may often grow up with some of these strange feelings. Pedophilia is nothing more then a sexual orientation. Homosexual, Bi Sexual and straight. So on... It is something you are born with. You cannot choose or help what you are attracted to. Yes, its wrong to have sex with a kid. Society was more hateful towards gays and bi sexual people in the early 1900's. Look at how its different now.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally understand what you are saying. This is uncalled for and serious investigation needs to happen. It has already happened like you said. It's like they don't care. This is what makes me hate this world sometimes. Not the world, but the some of the crazy people who run this world. Please understand one thing though. This is in quote to your sentence, " There has to be a way to weed out the pedophiles and not necessarily control the church because church is separate from state, but keep them from hiding their secrets." Not all pedophiles are monsters and child molesters. Not all child molesters are pedophiles. They are just twisted in the way that they want to cause harm to a child. Most victims who were raped may often grow up with some of these strange feelings. Pedophilia is nothing more then a sexual orientation. Homosexual, Bi Sexual and straight. So on... It is something you are born with. You cannot choose or help what you are attracted to. Yes, its wrong to have sex with a kid. Society was more hateful towards gays and bi sexual people in the early 1900's. Look at how its different now.

Comment

Working...
                        X