next big thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next big thing

a thread to give your idea of what will be the next BIG thing.

try your hand at predicting the future of our society.

think the emergence of cnn,yuppies, technologies think 80's personal computer,what can we expect,your predictions.

Give it a shot,maybe you will be ahead of the curve,You never know.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: next big thing

I still wonder if there will be flying cars in the future and if we do what kind of traffic rules we will have. It would be interesting.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I still wonder if there will be flying cars in the future and if we do what kind of traffic rules we will have. It would be interesting.
      Give it a few generations after fully autonomous road cars and you might see these. Otherwise, driving on land is comparatively simpler than trying to fly in tight quarters. Simpler means faster and cheaper to train. Once we have AIs doing all our driving though, they can progress the software to running flying cars and skip giving everyone who wants a license some very interesting flight lessons.

Anyway, I expect artificial intelligence to become moderately terrifying without reaching Skynet levels. Computers are scarily good at crunching numbers, information in the modern age is plentiful and free flowing. AIs will be deployed to crunch numbers and will do an exceedingly good job of it. The sooner that stringent privacy protections become a global thing, the happier I'll be.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I found out,by checking comcasts policy,they collect your viewing data in order to target your ad profile, I had figured they would,but they had to disclaim to admit and you must opt in,but the opt in is always set unless you OPT OUT

I see them being hit with perhaps a privacy suit in future. They see you when your sleeping,they see you when your awake,they know if you have been bad or good,and you may get a lump of coal in your stocking,come the holidays.
        Last edited by anunitu; 18 Aug 2018, 22:01.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Coming to you soon:

Brain implants. Say goodbye to telephones.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

this image haunts my dreams.

from thx1138, movie

check it on youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

video here.

Last edited by anunitu; 19 Aug 2018, 03:35.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Technology will become a greater part of our lives very fast, whether we like it or not. I just hope people will use it to make the world a better place. Like creating green solutions for pollution.

The ad industrie does concern me a bit. How far will ads go to infiltrate our lives? I think at some point in the future a discussion will rise about our right to choose when we want to see ads, or be around technology. I'm a developer and I love technology, but I do need breaks from it every now and then to calm my mind.

I do believe the future looks bright though
              Last edited by Eleanor; 19 Aug 2018, 05:11.

Comment

Smartphones and stuff like that are already dangerous. I go to college and you would be surprised to see the college students walk out in front of cars in the downtown campus with their heads down looking at the cellphone. They'll also do this will walking to buildings. Not paying attention. Maybe we'll have implants for smartphones and tech like that so we can walk without the phone anymore.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The constant ads are a pain. They slow me down when I'm reading or researching something. I remember when I first started using the internet, in the early '90s, if you typed in a question, you got the answer. Now it's click, click, click, etc. But then, I'm one of those people who records all my tv shows so I can watch them a bit later & fast-forward through the commercials! I don't appreciate distractions.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

weird ads are a break reminder for me,go hit the can,or grab a snack while the ad is on,when watching an ad free movie like on HBO i am always waiting for the ad break,but 50 years of conditioning ya know

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                    X