New To The Forum, Not To Paganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To The Forum, Not To Paganism

Hey y'all, new here! I go by Kimberly, Mickey, Josephine, Brigit, Sorcha (In order of popularity). I am an Irish pagan and a cottage witch with strong ties to Irish and Appalachia folklore and magic. I also follow Druidism and Taoism as philosophies. I shave my head as a hobby using old fashioned shave gear. I enjoy music (who doesn't?) mostly indie, jazz, The Greatful Dead, Billie Holiday, folk, etc. I love history, learning new things. I enjoy collecting coffees and teas and brewing methods. My goal in life is to attend a UU seminary school to become a minister. From there I'd like to do some work in a hospital/hospice setting as a chaplain, then go on to open my own "Church of the Goddess" (don't steal that, I won't do anything, but I'll be very disappointed in you.) I'm married. Don't tell my wife it took me that long to mention it lol. We live with out two cats and our roommate in MI, but will be moving back home to NH asap. I think that's all you need to know for now, feel free to message me, I love new friends. I'm super excited to be part of what looks like a pretty active forum!
    Last edited by AngryIrish; 20 Aug 2018, 12:43. Reason: Addition

Re: New To The Forum, Not To Paganism

WELCOME!!!

Please leave your sanity at the front desk. You won't be needing it here.:cthulhu:
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome, AngryIrish!

Comment

Welcome there! This forum has its ups and downs, but you seem to come at the right time! Be active yourself and the rest of the members should be active as well.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

welcome angry
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Welcome to PF. Pull up a chair or log and sit a spell, join in the conversations and perhaps spin a yarn or two.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

What's your favourite brewing methods for coffee? I travel quite a lot, and I always snag a bag of beans wherever I go. When I'm away from home at work, I french press, but when I'm at home, I use my espresso machine. It was totally a needless splurge item, but I'm convinced my partner and I have made our money back making lattes since Christmas when we bought it. I've got an aeropress, a camping perc, two french presses (one for home, one for work), a drip-pot that a roommate left behind, and a mokapot. And a problem, now that I'm re-reading this, haha.

Mostly art.

Comment

I have a french press that my daughter turned me onto. also have a pod thing,and use reusable pods I fill with my fave coffee. the single cup brew works well for me. My fave was a coffee ice cream I used to get up in Albany,NY

- - - Updated - - -

and,YES I am kind of addicted to JAVA.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Coffee is all well and good, but tell me more about those teas!

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                        Coffee is all well and good, but tell me more about those teas!

There's a moratorium on teas in my house. Buying more is forbidden because my tea drawer is spilling into the coffee cupboard.

(My current favourite is mighty Aphrodite by Davids Teas)

Mostly art.

Comment

You're leaving MI???

Frozen hell all winter, blazing inferno all summer, with rain in between.

How could you go?

(welcome to PF!)
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome to PF! May your travels be safe when you head back to NH.
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Hi, I am still very much building my collection as money is tight, but right now my favorites are the french press and the chemex, though mine was recently broken (by accident). I've also been experiemtning with turkish coffee, though I've been using my cauldron (pronounces "cooking pot I'm weirdly attached to") instead of an ibrik. We've had a few mishaps with that, but it's quickly becoming a favorite as well!

- - - Updated - - -

NY has the best coffee, hands down. The entire state.

Comment

Working...
                              X