Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do you think in the information agae humanity is still so ignorant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do you think in the information agae humanity is still so ignorant?

Im always amazed at how in the information age where all you have to do is type in a phrase in a search engine and automatically get plenty of stuff to educate yourself on literally anything...that people are still so ignorant? yeah i know that there is a sort of cloud of misinfo but come on? does it really equate to just pure laziness? or is humanity just getting that dumb in general? of course there is definately a good size exception to this rule..but yeah humanity is on the brink of destroying itself through its own stupidity and ignorance and i'm not entirely sure that those that are "awake" or "aware" are gonna be able to get everybody on board with what we have to do. i'm pretty sure when archetects of the future start digging into the ruins of our civilization they are gonna have a lot of the same questions...like how the hell could they be so damn smart and so damn stupid at the same time..is the irony of the human condition.

Re: why do you think in the information agae humanity is still so ignorant?

We're just a branch of the great apes. We might have space age technology but our brains are very much those of our ancient ancestors first making tools from stone. Don't be so hard on us - we might cause a mass extinction event, but we wouldn't be the first species to do so - oceanic cynobacteria caused the great oxygen holocaust. Such events are part of the life cycle of Earth, not great for us but a few species always survive, we might get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by heylel shalem View Post
      Im always amazed at how in the information age where all you have to do is type in a phrase in a search engine and automatically get plenty of stuff to educate yourself on literally anything...that people are still so ignorant? yeah i know that there is a sort of cloud of misinfo but come on? does it really equate to just pure laziness? or is humanity just getting that dumb in general?
      It's not laziness, its lack of interest. People have better things to do that become knowledgeable. We have to work, tend to our families, indulge in pleasure and our passions... People are ignorant because being ignorant is ok. People can have happy, fulfilled lives without knowing much in life, and that's fine by me.

Research suggests that actually people are more and more intelligent in recent times.

but yeah humanity is on the brink of destroying itself through its own stupidity and ignorance
      This sentence has been said consistently over the course of 3500 years, and we haven't destroyed ourselves yet. I think we're fine, and that big changes are maybe coming, but the special thing about humanity is that we're tough as fuck as a species, and we'll get through it.

i'm not entirely sure that those that are "awake" or "aware" are gonna be able to get everybody on board with what we have to do.
      That sounds hella moralist. How do you know who is fit for leading and who is not? Well the people who are "awake" or whatever aren't even on the same boat on what to do about it. I for one I'm an anti-environmentalist, in the sense that instead of "saving the planet" which is bound to fail miserably because the Earth is not made for preservation, but for change, we should actually envision life in a barren earth: Bio-domes, clean water and oxygen generators, solar power, etc... If we manage to live in a planet that does not sustain life, THAT is the real first step to interplanetary colonization, IMHO.

i'm pretty sure when archetects of the future start digging into the ruins of our civilization they are gonna have a lot of the same questions...like how the hell could they be so damn smart and so damn stupid at the same time.
      It is already what our current archaeologists do. We will always look back and look at our mistakes firsts. And we are bound of making mistakes, because it is the only way to find out the better way of doing things.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

the whole "woke" idea seems more a "scarlet letter" thing,many accused with little if no proof. I am pro responsibility,but not call out people because you "think" they did something,some have been judged by public opinion and shamed and outcast with little or no,actual proof or even any legal probing and investigating with kind of vigilante actions.

- - - Updated - - -

this brings to mind the"people in glass houses,should not throw stones" idea. or the "pot black" idea.
        Last edited by anunitu; 23 Aug 2018, 01:44.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

im literally not trying to "call out" anybody or anything i am just literally that aghast and dumbfounded by it. I see in a lot of ways how people are becoming smarter but also in a lot of ways getting dumber..I think the educational system in my coutry fails a lot of people especially since there are a lot of learning types that are'nt recognized or dealt with by said system...that may instill a sense of apathy towards education ...which is again not an excuse because i know a lot of very intelligent people who have done very shitty in high school and ended up educating themselves and are quite intelligent and sharp and have a very good grasp on the whole ball of wax..on the other hand ive seen a lot of people who have finished high school and manged to get through college and still turned out pretty damn ignorant when it comes to reality....and yeahi guess if people chose to remain ignorant i dont blame them...there are a lot of really horribly depressing things i learn on a daily basis about the world and how it works. I don't think that having a job and/or a family is an excuse though...i think its really a matter of what one consumes..and im not negating the need for escapism through entertainment..but i mean all it really takes is budgeting just a small chunk of time a day to study and read up a little..or just watch a few documentarys on youtube a day..hell just make a concious effort when the moment comes to ...meh maybe you are right...maybe i am throwing stones ...the whole reality of the situation throws off the idealist in me however naive that comes across. Though i guess i've always been one to try to impliment change when i can. I dont like accepting things that i cannot accept..it may be a personality flaw i dunno..but yeah i guess i just saw as i always do what i percieve as a problem and of course you gotta find an answer to said problem..but in all truth probably there is no real solution. or the solution to the problem is to daunting a task to attempt? now i really need to think this over again because i had a talk with some friends on this subject and all i got was some very apathetic responses..like you cant cure stupid..and im not one to believe that. I was'nt trying to condemn or blame anyone i was just literally that perplexed by the mess.

Comment

Tell me about it.... Lol. Did you hear they have a robot named "Sophia" who is now a citizen of India? Lmao! What the hell are we doing?

Comment

When Thoth gave the gift of writing to the scribes of Egypt so wisdom could be more prevalent, the god Re opposed with the notion that giving writing to the people would not improve their memory of teachings, but would instead diminish it because they could rely on documents whenever necessary instead of actually learning the material. While I won't vouch for this event being a historical fact, it definitely points out that the Egyptians were discussing this same exact problem at least 6000 years ago. Why would anyone want to learn anything when they can Google from their phone and get a corporate-sponsored advertisement as an answer?

Comment

Working...
              X