spiritual animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spiritual animals

i think mines a deer but i don't know for sure. i made a video in regards to it and you can find it at youtube by searching "is my spiritual animal a deer"? the channel is phoenix nikomedes.

Re: spiritual animals

I think an important question to ask here is "What defines a spirit animal"?

How does one come to have a spirit animal?

I joke that mine is the ptarmigan. Slow, easy to startle, and thinks that nobody will see him if he stands still enough.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I joke that mine is the ptarmigan. Slow, easy to startle, and thinks that nobody will see him if he stands still enough.
      I've never heard of that spirit animal before. Funny bird!

These questions are indeed important. Also, what could a spirit animal help you with in your life?

For a while I had a wolf (cliche, I know) to help me get stronger. Now, I sometimes invite spirit animals to witness my rituals if they like, but I usually don't call on one animal specifically. A specific one might appear during meditation or visualisation and I'll work with them from there.

Comment

I don't really know the official definition of a spirit animal. I do have an idea that certain animals will show up in memorable "message" type dreams for me, or one will pop into my head when I meditate. They aren't always the same animal though. I also can't claim that it is the spirit of the animal; usually I just think about the message, and what that animal means to me.

I do have an animal that I think of as potentially a spirit animal for my husband, although he doesn't see it. They seem to favor him with access to their world that other people really have to work to get a glimpse. It is normal to see them sometimes around here, but it seems that with him I see them about 4 times as often and they get very close. Have also seen mating and teaching the young up close. Also, there is just something about the animal that seems like him.

Comment

i have confirmed my spirit animal as of today. i just stared at a picture that i remember putting up in front of my home altar. it was a picture of 2 does and 1 buck just like what i saw in the video. is that what you call a confirmation from the universe or what?

Comment

Originally posted by pragon View Post
            i have confirmed my spirit animal as of today. i just stared at a picture that i remember putting up in front of my home altar. it was a picture of 2 does and 1 buck just like what i saw in the video. is that what you call a confirmation from the universe or what?
            If you shake your head, the universe shakes...
            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 29 Aug 2018, 16:11.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I knew my spirit animal when I was a child then he sort of went away because of my Catholic religion becoming more ingrained in me. You're more open to things when you're a child and as you grow older your parents and others sort of start hammering in that this or that isn't real or right. So my spirit animal is a wolf. It sort of makes sense because as a child I was very sick and bullied a lot. Wolves and a lot of other animals have a very protective nature. I think in a way he brought me to Lord Anubis.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

<---horseshoe crab--contradictory and aquatic...
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Hm. I think of spirit animals as animals that I share an affinity with, either spiritually or metaphorically or allegorically.

I feel a strong affinity to my house cat, because he's ornery and passive aggressive, and handles stress the same way I do (without the peeing in the laundry basket, that is)

The ptarmigan, because they truly think if they stay still, they're invisible, and I love feeling invisible.

The whiskey jack, because you cannot for a moment turn your back on those bastards, or they will steal all your food.

Those funny transculent geckos in the tropics, because they're always in places they don't belong.

I guess what I'm saying is that I strongly connect with nature's a-holes, haha.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am with you VOL on cats,I feel a very strong connection to all FELINES.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'll be honest I never know just what a person is actually referring to when they say "Spirit Animal" now days. Are they referring to a "Spirit Animal", a "Totem Animal", a "Guide" a "Herald", a deity "Avatar" or "Sacred Animal" or even a "Clan" representation. Many times when the person actually gets down to talking about it the description crosses over all those boundaries and to be honest the person them self really doesn't know.

I know my Spirit and Clan animal is the Wolf. I know Wolf represents water due to its fluid like movements and its associations. It represents family, unity, group, cooperation of action and force, duality of energy, adaptation It represents leverage of force not actual strength not brute force or raw strength. Strength in brute force falls to bear. In it's contrary or shadow aspect it represents the negative aspect of individualism versus group unity and focus. It represents the destructive nature of unfocused action or wasted direction. Since it is water in action the shadow is stagnation, misdirection, unfocused, etc. Perhaps unlike others I've also had the pleasure (displeasure) of being ripped to shreds and put back together by my Spirit Animal a few times. Lovey sensation to have it occur during journey work or dream time and to awaken the next day with red marks or welts on your skin where the teeth sank in. Granted there are many others teachings or lessons to Wolf these are just a few of the top of my head.

Spirit Animals may also fall into the realm of "Birth" or "Guardian" animals. A number of first nation or aboriginal peoples break the calendar down so that each month and each quarter is covered by a specific animal. It's like under Sun Bear's Medicine Wheel the first quarter (Jan - Mar) is under the Frog and the month of March is under the Cougar. Other Medicine Wheel's may have other animals in those positions with other attributes assigned to them. As such one could potentially experience a different "Spirit Animal" as an influence each month of the calendar as well as having from 1 to upwards as many as 7 to 12 'Spirit Animal" in their life at any time according to various belief systems.

I know Deer is one of my Divinity Avatar's. As an avatar it is both reflective of the divine's presence but also of teachings, direction or guidance. Of course one of the biggest is similar to that of all guides though in recognizing that all animals are also animals. As such one has to accept that many times an animal is simply an animal being an animal and nothing more.

Heron and Dragon Fly are guides for me. As a shamanic practitioner both are major guides for me as they are both world walkers. Heron straddles three worlds, Dragon Fly straddles three worlds as well. Each lives in the airy world, water world and earthy world and transitions between them to survive. Each world holding different realities and perspectives as well as liminal boundaries where they meet. Each world requiring changes of perspective to view from one world into the other as well as existing in or upon the other. Each world requiring a change in movement and perspective to function in each. That doesn't even touch upon the cyclic influences of day, dusk, night, dawn upon those world and their inhabitants and their relationships.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I feel sort of manatee-ish these days...
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X