Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lordosis

Hey everyone,

So ever since I started working at Sheetz I had a lot of back pain. Of course you have to get used to standing on your feet for about 8 hours a day. I sometimes work a lot up front where I stand a lot without moving for a long time. So recently I went to my primary physician and she felt my back and found that my muscles were tight around the spine. She recommended I go see a physical therapist. I went to one last week and started physical therapy this week. The physical therapist diagnosed me with lordosis. It is apparently an increase of curvature of the lumbar spine. I'm working hard with them, but I'm afraid if this doesn't work that I might have to have surgery and then I would still have to have physical therapy! Has anyone experienced this? If you don't know about this go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis

Thanks.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Lordosis

Go see a chiropractor. They usually accept most insurances, and most also have really good rates for non insurance patients. You may even qualify for massage, if your insurance covers it. There are lots of low impact exercises you can do. get evaluated to see if there might be orthotic shoe inserts to help Support yourself. It starts with the feet. An imbalance in how you stand and walk affects your knees which affects your hips and then your back. You may not feel it in all those spots but believe me when I say having good shoes that can support your life and/or work style can help immensely. Surgery should be an absolute last resort and can seriously eff you up even more in the long run because of scar tissue build up.

Hyperlordosis (hyper means increase. Lordosis refers to the direction of the curvature. Hypo would mean a decrease - a straight spine, lacking curvature) is generally and easily manageable by doing the things I listed above. You don't need to do ALL of them but do at least one and go from there. And yes, it will take time. You may feel some relief right away but it will probably take weeks before you feel better.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Lordosis

Thanks Juniper. The physical therapist told me I had increased lordosis. So I suppose that it is hyperlordosis. When I feel my spine it is curving. I am going to see about a chiropracter as well. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it so much.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
      X