This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is life's purpose?

Wow... I'm gone for 2 days and coming back to a lecture here.
    Ivy, I'm very interested in the different views on life from other people, but I don't like having those views shoved down my throat. Take a different approach.

Thank you, Sean, for your last post
    Last edited by Eleanor; 06 Oct 2018, 23:11.

Comment

Even if we give the truth, how many will believe? Human are lost. For so many years, except for the Greatest Creator, what did we find?

-----------------------------
      Origin of the Universe
      1. Introduction

Before many chemical elements were found, most of the chemists didn’t know how many chemical elements are there on the Earth and their relationship. Dmitri Mendeleev had already made the famous Periodic Table of the Chemical Element, calculated the atomic quantity of elements and showed us the relationship between them. The elements discovered later were all included in his Table.
      The case has demonstrated everything in the Universe has the order and laws. Some people say the Universe is lawless and disorderly because they haven’t found the laws and order.
      2. Origin of the Universe

All things within the time scope, including the celestial bodies and Universe, have their origin, the birth time and process of development. The beginning and ending time of the Universe, just as theπ and golden ratio, is mysterious and can’t be reached by our wisdom. Compared with the wisdom of the Greatest Creator, our wisdom is just like a drop in the sea. I would like to share my knowledge of the beginning of the Universe gained while my mind was in peace.
      When I am seeking what things in the Universe are eternal, when I am thinking about the resurrection in the Bible, when I am meditating the “The life is like a dream and all the four elements (earth, water, fire and air of which the world is made) are void” in the Buddhist scripture, when I am trying to figure out the source of Tao in the Tao Te Ching, when I ask myself why I would go to the Mortal World, why we exist and where we are going, I have known the beginning process of the Universe. However, when I am delighted to think I have found the mystery of the Universe, I suddenly realize that this mystery of the Universe beginning was explained by the humans (the ancestors of dragon nation) 6,000 years ago. It is like a Mt. Everest climber, after reaching the peak after multiple difficulties, finds someone else has left his footprint on it. Thus, I am not bold enough to claim myself as the first one knowing the Universe beginning. I only wish to add some details based on the wisdom of the past talents.
      The River Diagram, The Book of Changes and the Yellow Emperor’s Book of Internal Medicine have told us the process of the Universe beginning is : Wuji generates Taiji, Taiji generates two polarities, the two polarities produce the four directions, the four directions create the eight

3. Before the universe was Wuji.

What is the state of Wuji?
      Wuji is the state of neither in nor out, neither big nor small, neither bound nor edge, neither null nor true, neither time nor space, neither material nor spirit. It is clear, chaos, everything and nothing.
      The detailed explanation of the state can’t be completed even in a book containing 1 million words. I just want to stick to one point. According to the estimation of the paleontologists, the Earth was born about 4.5 billion years ago. Then where was the Earth before it was born? We can only conclude that it was in Wuji before it was born, just like the human beings. We were also in Wuji before we were born. Because the whole Universe was in Wuji before it was born, Wuji contains everything. But where is Wuji? A thing without time, space, material, spirit, inside, outside, large size, small size, border, edge, firmness or emptiness can only be described by the word “shapeless and visionary”. However, Wuji doesn’t mean it contains nothing. Instead, it contains everything. It has nothing and everything at the same time. That’s why The Diamond Sutra was profound and difficult to understand. For example:
      “If Tathagata explains the laws, don’t believe it. The laws can’t be explained. If explained, they are not the laws or not the lawless.”
      “The Buddhism is no Buddhism.”
      “The name of Anagami is Bulai. But actually Bulai doesn’t exist. So Anagami is called Anagami.”
      “The solemn Buddhist is not solemn. It is called the Solemn.”
      “Tathagata says the world is not the world. So it is called the world.”
      “I should eliminate all life. After doing that, I found no life has been eliminated.”
      And so on.
      If we don’t know the origin of the Universe, it is very difficult for us to understand the above “Buddha words”. If we can fully understand the above “Non Buddha words”, we will know the origin of the Universe.
      Before everything was born, they were in Wuji. So Wuji means everything.
      We wish to take an example from the mythical novel Journey to the West to imagine the space in Wuji.
      Monk Tang and his apprentices entered the disguised monastery. The Monkey King was trapped in the gold cymbal by the demon head. So how big or how small was this gold cymbal? No matter how high or how low the Monkey King could transform himself, the cymbal could change too following him. The Wuji space before the Universe was born was in the state as the cymbal. It was extremely large and extremely small.
      The space described in Einstein’s the General Theory of Relativity just refers to the space above mentioned. The size of the space is not decided by the energy. However, it is decided by the existence of matters. The more matters are transformed from the energy, the larger the space will be and vice versa. If there is no matter, there will no space. It’s the same as the relationship between the Monkey King and the gold cymbal. The space in the cymbal is decided by the size of the Monkey King transforms himself. The traditional science believes that the space is like a box and the material is a particle in the box. When the particle disappears, the space is still there. Nevertheless, the space is not like that. When the particle is not there, the space will disappear. The space is determined by the distribution of particles. The space will twist, swell, contract or even disappear as the material and its energy change the size.
      How to understand the time in Wuji?
      Time is generated by the movement of objects. There is no time without motion.
      For example, a man is 40 years old because the cells in his body are splitting, moving and dying. If the cells were not moving or splitting, he would not have lived till 40. A piece of fresh meat will rot in a few days if placed open to the air in hot weather. However, if we put the meat in the fridge, it will not rot in months. Why? The meat in the fridge has slow even halting cell movement. When the cell movement slows down, the time of the meat is lengthened. And when the cell movement stops, the time of the meat disappears.
      If a man is never born, does he still have time? If the Earth is not born, does the Earth have time? If the Universe is not born, does the Universe have time? No.
      This is the time in Wuji.
      The core of the quantum mechanics is the “uncertainty”. Why? The time does not lapse evenly. The time is changing. So how can you obtain the “certainty”?
      That’s all about my explanation of Wuji.

4. Wuji Generates Taiji

What is the state of Taiji?
      First, we have to know Taiji is generated from Wuji.
      Wuji is nothing and everything. It is everything because the energy existence in it can produce the material world. It is nothing because the energy in it is not material. It is chaos without firmness or emptiness. It is like the sky. When the sky is clear, there is nothing in it. But when it is cloudy, we can see the clouds and lightings and hear the thunders. Then there is everything.
      In Wuji, there is the intangible energy. The intangible energy (in contrast with the tangible energy) is moving irregularly. When the irregular movement, accidently on a point, formed a specific order or symbol, the entire Wuji has formed a potential power arrow called the “tornado” centered on this point.
      This potential power arrow, or “tornado”, is just called Taiji. (Please note that the tornado is simply a momentum with only potential power. It does not have kinetic energy because it is not rotating.)
      This is how Taiji is generated from Wuji.
      Taiji is in such a state: it is the one, amorphous, the unity without opposites, and an extremely large energy cluster (It is just like a locked reservoir containing billions of billions of Pacific)
      The Taiji is just the Greatest Creator in common sense.
      In Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu said, “Chaos was born before there was the Earth and Heaven.” Before the Universe was born, “something” existed. This “something” is Taiji, the psychic energy of the Greatest Creator. Lao Tzu named this “something” as Tao because he confused the nature and psychic energy of the Greatest Creator.
      After understanding what Wuji is, we can understand Buddha and Buddhism. After understanding Taiji, we can understand Tao and Taoism.
      5. Taiji creates the Two Polarities
      What are the two polarities?
      It refers to the phenomenon of opposition.
      For instance, in the state of Taiji, everything is the one and amorphous. But in the state of the “two polarities”, the intangible energy is shown up in a tangible form. The Sun, for example, is an energy cluster. It has been transformed from the intangible energy form in the state of Taiji into the tangible energy form. So the energy is classified into the tangible energy and intangible energy. “None” and “Existence” form the “two polarities”, namely, the unity of opposites.
      The contents of the “two polarities” include: none and existence, firmness and emptiness, Yin and Yang, positive and negative, static and dynamic, left and right, up and down, exterior and interior, front and rear, high and low, noble and humble, hard and soft, big and small, strong and weak, dark and light, male and female, rich and poor, fortunate and unfortunate, gain and loss, merit and fault, more and less, life and death, true and false, good and evil, beauty and ugly, etc. They are the unities of opposites.
      Everything in the Universe as we know is the demonstrations of the “two polarities”.
      Then how are the “two polarities” were born out of the Taiji?
      We have known that the irregular movement of energy in Wuji accidently formed a certain order. All the energy, in a short while, formed overwhelmingly an intangible potential energy. If the potential energy is not given out, it will only remain latent like a “paper-made tiger”. However, when all energies gather at the central point, the energy center has changed its nature, just like the water will evaporate when heated to a certain degree. At this time, the energy center, or the nucleus, is no long a kind of energy. Instead, it has become a special structure surrounded by great energies. When this structure is complete, the Consciousness comes into being. It is just like a fertilized egg without Consciousness. When it keeps absorbing energy in its mother’s uterus and improves its structure, a conscious animal (human) will be born.

The gathering of mammoth energies has led to the alienation of the energy center, resulting in a structure. The constant improvement of the structure ended up with the emergence of the Consciousness, which is the symbol of life birth. The Consciousness gathering all energies then started the process of creating the Universe. And it is the Greatest Creator.

After the Greatest Creator is born, the energy in the Taiji began to move around the Greatest Creator’s Consciousness. We can also say that all energies move around the structure of the energy center. Just like a human body, when your consciousness tells you to urinate, the bladder door is open and the urine goes out. When you want to look at the sky, your head will be raised and your eyes opened automatically. When you want to have sexual intercourse, your penis is erected.

After the Greatest Creator is born, the “two polarities” come into being, the celestial bodies show up, the celestial movement begins, the unlimited space is born, the time starts and everything gets into the movement cycle of life and death.

6. The “Two Polarities” create the “Four Directions”
      The “two polarities” have brought about the “four directions”. There is south, north, east and west. There is front, rear, left and right. There is life, growth, decline and death. There is quadrant 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the function image.

7. The “Four Directions” create the “Eight Trigrams”
      Because there is south, north, east and west, there are now 8 directions including the east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, north and northeast. The eight directions are called Qian, Dui, Li, Zhen, Xun, Kan, Gen and Kun respectively, forming the 8 trigrams. Each direction has its special meaning. Each direction has its different chance changes. Let’s take a person as an example. If he remains healthy in the south, he might find it difficult to get accustomed to the north. If nothing goes smooth in the east, he may achieve success in the west and the ugly duckling might become the white swan. Even grass will have different growth model and blossoming timing in different directions and locations.

8. The Permutation and Combination of the 8 Trigrams (Qian, Dui, Li, Zhen, Xun, Kan, Gen, and Kun) Produce the 64 Trigrams
      The 64 trigrams are corresponding to the 64 factors in the Universe. But as to the details of these 64 factors, because they are related to all the mysteries in the Universe and hidden to the common people, even the King Wen of Zhou in the Canonization of the Gods didn’t know all of them. And the most achieved Taoists in China only knew a few of the factors. Sakyamuni masters half of them and Jesus only knows a few more than Sakyamuni does.
      We often hear people say “No disclosure of the Heaven secrets”. The heaven secrets are just hidden in the 64 trigrams. The permutation and combination of the 64 trigrams have caused the birth and death of all things in the Universe. The things that you can’t imagine are just the combination of 2 factors. The power of Jesus lies in his mastery of the formula of these factors.
      The birth and death of all things, the limitless mysteries and all changes and movements in the Universe are hidden in the permutation and combination (formula) of these 64 trigrams. “No coming, no going, the time-space ends and origin shows up.”
      This is the brief process of the birth of the universe.

---by Xuefeng of Lifechanyuan

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
      Wow... I'm gone for 2 days and coming back to a lecture here.
      Ivy, I'm very interested in the different views on life from other people, but I don't like having those views shoved down my throat. Take a different approach.

Thank you, Sean, for your last post
      I see, I guess you are an atheist.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      thank you sean,,you know why.
      Have you wondered where is your consciousness come from? Why we all have it?

Comment

This harks back to the days of,"how many angels can be on the head of a pin" era.

I suppose I am a doubter but then I have passed through some very trying times,that some would not have survived.

pawn to the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

I breath therefore I exist,and interact with the world.

- - - Updated - - -

want to be a master of the world,then do not take everything so seriously. life is to be lived,not dissected at every moment.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Interesting spouts all that about the 8 directions and forgets the 9th. All things move from the center and are measured from the 9th center position to which they return. Also know as that which is before me, that which is above me, that which is below me, that which is to the left of me, that which is to the right of me, that which is centered upon me, the four which lay between. Though never about N, S, E, W but about dimensional space though many use it for creating a sacred circle and journey work.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Several posts were removed from this thread because they were off topic. If you see a post that you made is missing, please take it as a hint to not continue that line of discussion in this thread. It is the staff that make the decision on whether or not a thread gets locked. Do not assume that you know what the staff are thinking. Use the report button if you think a poster is crossing the line.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Seems most people are not interested in or don't want to know life's purpose. They just want to drifting like leaves along the time river.
              Anyone want to know the purpose of humantiy?

- - - Updated - - -

Is the purpose of humanity only for survival? Are humans the most intellectual animals in the universe? Does the existence or the disappearance of humankind have any influence on the universe?
              there is purpose for any life beings in the universe, nothing exist for no purpose. Solar system and everything included are to serve humanity, while humanity is to serve the Greatest Creator, and indirectly to serve gods.

Comment

Originally posted by ivysunday View Post
                Seems most people are not interested in or don't want to know life's purpose. They just want to drifting like leaves along the time river.
                Anyone want to know the purpose of humantiy?

- - - Updated - - -

Is the purpose of humanity only for survival? Are humans the most intellectual animals in the universe? Does the existence or the disappearance of humankind have any influence on the universe?
                there is purpose for any life beings in the universe, nothing exist for no purpose. Solar system and everything included are to serve humanity, while humanity is to serve the Greatest Creator, and indirectly to serve gods.
                It's more that we don't want your religious dogma shoved down our throats.

We're happy to discuss the meaning of life, but your way isn't the one true way.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thank you vol!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

We're happy to discuss the meaning of life, but your way isn't the one true way.
                    You think your silent love can save the world? Did any religion or parties make it?
                    Will our love last long, if we even don't know the Greatest Creator, the source of love?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Could you point out which view is suffocating you?

Comment

I might point out for your knowledge,that volcaniclastic is a MOD on the forum. Just FYI

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Sealed pending further action by Admin staff.

Ivysunday, you have flagrantly ignored two separate warnings from a board owner. At this point, I am strongly considering simply temp-banning you until such time as Juni and Thal have time to pass judgment. The only reason that you are not under temp ban is so that you can take this time to make an appeal to Juni via pm over why you felt compelled to ignore one of her warnings within hours of that warning being issued. If you take any public action before site owners have passed judgment then you forfeit that courtesy and I will tempban you on sight.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err. (Gandhi)

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. (Einstein)

Things don't have purposes, as if the universe were a machine, where every part has a useful function. What's the function of a galaxy? I don't know if our life has a purpose and I don't see that it matters. What does matter is that we're a part. Like a thread in a cloth or a grass-blade in a field. It is and we are. What we do is like wind blowing on the grass. (Ursula K. le Guin)
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X