This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is life's purpose?

What is life's purpose? I have an answer from Lifechanyuan vlaues. Do you agree? What is your life purpose?

Life unfolds from two purposes:
    The first purpose is to make Life happy, joyous, free, and blessed.
    The second is to allow LIFE to extend and develop into a higher space.

Re: What is life's purpose?

I definitely agree with the first one. I try to live a positive life and be happy as much as I can. And also spread the happiness by helping people when I can.

I also have a personal goal to always keep developing myself. There is always something to learn. The more you know, the better you can understand other people.

What do you mean exactly by the second purpose? To allow life to extend and develop into a higher space?

Comment

I'm more of the opinion that life has no purpose.

Mostly art.

Comment

It's cheese.

I applaud those who make it, but life is all about eating it.

Especially hard, aged cheese, like parmesian and assiago. If cheese is scarce, the purpose of life is to enjoy any food - and cool, clean water, or beer.

And sex. That matters, too.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

i think he has defined life fairly well,thanks B. De.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            In a philosophical sort of way, I agree with this.

Biologically, however, I'm of the opinion that the purpose of life is to have a 3rd generation within whatever mating system one's species has evolved.

Religiously thought, I'm with the idea that life is simply the manner in which the universe learns about itself.

To borrow from Babylon 5,

Or, from Carl Sagan,

Last edited by thalassa; 28 Sep 2018, 16:45.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
              I definitely agree with the first one. I try to live a positive life and be happy as much as I can. And also spread the happiness by helping people when I can.

I also have a personal goal to always keep developing myself. There is always something to learn. The more you know, the better you can understand other people.

What do you mean exactly by the second purpose? To allow life to extend and develop into a higher space?
              Do you believe in the anti-matter world? Do you believe in the Greateast Creator. Here the higher space refers to heaven. Please refer to below part of an article.

By Xuefeng
              from Lifechanyuan corpus
              Till now, humans are familiar with only one side of the space; namely, they only know the space of the material world and don’t understand the space in the antiworld. We falsely believe that only the environment on the Earth is suitable for human living. And after landing on the Moon and taking photos of the Mars, we are, after short-time excitement, sad to feel that the neighbors of the Earth are not suitable for human living and it is an impossible task to reach the more distant planets.
              Tragedies happen frequently due to our knowledge shortage of the Negative Universe. Our confusion about the future has limited our vision within the present time and current life. All of life we live in hurry, worry and tension, neglecting the life value and meaning and mess our life which should have been beautiful.
              The science and technology has been developing rapidly, such as the virtual space of Internet, nanometer technology, cloning, genetic code and decoding, Harper telescopic photos of the outer space, and applications of atomic and ionic energy. The development should have stimulated the human thinking and led us to know the antimatters, negative space, the life meaning and the establishment of a brand new value system, giving us a better, easier and more enlightened life. Nevertheless, the achievements in science and technology have strengthened the people’s consciousness of material existence, hindered us from probing into the Negative Universe, made the people busier, more nervous and worried; the relationship between humans and the society is closer, the relationship between humans themselves are more intensified; the human freedom is much reduced; people are kept farther away from their natural attributes and closer to the robotic features.
              The human beings are now on an accelerating train without brakes. Even those old farmers living in the most distant areas have to take the express train whether they are willing or not. The driving force of the train comes from the human beings but the bio-robots will drive and manage the train, mechanizing all the people on it.
              We find it difficult to understand the Negative Space and think it belongs to the unreliable metaphysics. In fact, when our wisdom is upgraded to a certain “degree”, we can “see” it. The human eyes can only see the light rays ranging between 400 mm and 700 mm length, and human ears can only hear the sound ranging between 20 and 20,000 Hz. Frequency. There is no water in the middle of the sea swirls. The center of the hurricane is at great peace. So we can’t conclude those we can’t see do not exist, or those we can’t hear are silent. Everyone has dreams. Are you really there in your own dream? If not, why do you have consciousness in the strange dream environment with desires and emotions? If yes, then who is the guy lying on the bed? So the sleeping person on the bed and the moving person in the dream are all “you”. The only difference is that you are in different spaces. The space in the dream is the Negative Space.
              There are many negative spaces in the Universe and dream space is only one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              This answer is common. We know that we don't merely live for money, for beauty ,for power, for our children, for the country....., we just in a mess.

below are from Lifechanyuan corpus, "
              The eight logical inferences that prove the existence of the Greatest Creator"
              Everything has a purpose for its existence, and the ultimate purpose is the Greatest Creator
              The purpose of microorganism is to enrich soil and corrode objects, the purpose of the soil is to nurture plants, the purpose of plants is to provide food for insects and other animals, and the overall purpose of animals and plants is to serve mankind. Then what is the purpose of mankind?
              Everything that man makes has a purpose. Automobiles provide transportation, telephones provide communications, clothes keep us from cold, houses offer space for sheltering and man has created tens of thousands of articles to serve mankind. Then what is the purpose of man?
              The purpose of the entire Milky Way Galaxy is to serve several special stellar systems, one of them being the solar system. The purpose of the solar system is to provide service for the earth, and the earth has only one purpose—to serve mankind. Then whom does mankind serve?
              The sun, the moon, the oceans, the air, the land, and the ozonosphere have all existed to serve mankind. Even the ultimate purpose of the existence of flies, mosquitoes, and rats is to serve mankind. The killing viruses are also for the purpose of maintaining the balance of mankind. Then what is the purpose of mankind?
              Everything in the material world is for the purpose of serving mankind.Then are we perfectly justified to enjoy all this as a supreme being? Is there no purpose for our existence?
              Don’t we humans have a purpose in keeping cattle, horses, pigs, goats, chickens and ducks? Don’t we have a purpose in planting crops? Don’t we have any purpose in making planes, atomic bombs, and aircrafts? All man’s activities have definite purposes, and everything in the universe has its purpose for existence. Is man the only animal that does not have a purpose?
              Man’s existence also has a purpose—to serve the Greatest Creator!
              Why cannot we realize that our existence is to serve the Greatest Creator?
              This is just like the bees that we raise fail to realize that they are serving us, unless they have the thinking of man.
              We won’t know the purpose of man’s existence, unless we have the thinking of the Greatest Creator.
              In the history of man, only Jesus and Sakyamuni knew the Greatest Creator, Mohammed and Lao Tzu knew a little about the Greatest Creator.
              I will tell you clearly that the purpose of man’s existence is to serve the Greatest Creator. The ultimate purpose of all existences in the universe is for the Greatest Creator.
              After knowing the ultimate purpose of man’s existence, our life will have a purpose: to serve the Greatest Creator.
              Exist for the Greatest Creator and we will have a promising future; deviate from the Greatest Creator and our future will be a total darkness.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              It's cheese.

I applaud those who make it, but life is all about eating it.

Especially hard, aged cheese, like parmesian and assiago. If cheese is scarce, the purpose of life is to enjoy any food - and cool, clean water, or beer.

And sex. That matters, too.
              In guiding us to trek and climb to the highest realm of Life and LIFE, Lifechanyuan is essentially discussing centering around these two purposes. If our Lives center on these two objectives, then we will feel clear-minded and enlightened and the cloud will be lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                In a philosophical sort of way, I agree with this.

Biologically, however, I'm of the opinion that the purpose of life is to have a 3rd generation within whatever mating system one's species has evolved.

Religiously thought, I'm with the idea that life is simply the manner in which the universe learns about itself.

To borrow from Babylon 5,

Or, from Carl Sagan,

If Delenn says it, and Sagan backs it up, umma gonna label it "true."
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ivysunday View Post
                  Do you believe in the anti-matter world? Do you believe in the Greateast Creator. Here the higher space refers to heaven. Please refer to below part of an article.

By Xuefeng
                  from Lifechanyuan corpus
                  [...]
                  The science and technology has been developing rapidly, such as thevirtual space of Internet, nanometer technology, cloning, geneticcode and decoding, Harper telescopic photos of the outer space, andapplications of atomic and ionic energy. The development should havestimulated the human thinking and led us to know the antimatters,negative space, the life meaning and the establishment of a brand newvalue system, giving us a better, easier and more enlightened life.

Nevertheless,the achievements in science and technology have strengthened thepeople’s consciousness of material existence, hindered us fromprobing into the Negative Universe, made the people busier, morenervous and worried;
                  I don't believe in heaven or a higher being who created us, a Creator or God. I think it's more the other way around, that humans created the divine, both around us and in ourselves. For me it's important to have a connection with that. It gives me strength.

I do agree with most of the article. That humans live their lives in a much higher pace than we used to, because of technology. We need to take our moments to slow down. I do this by going to bed in time, doing yoga and meditating. Especially meditating helps me a lot to slow down and feel at peace.
                  Last edited by Eleanor; 30 Sep 2018, 00:11.

Comment

This is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree with me if you want. I believe in God and a higher power. I believe that everybody have a different path to follow and soul-searching to find that path.

Comment

Any relation to Billy Sunday? search on google if you also wonder. it is a name som e may have never heard of.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Life is the purpose.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
                          I don't believe in heaven or a higher being who created us, a Creator or God. I think it's more the other way around, that humans created the divine, both around us and in ourselves. For me it's important to have a connection with that. It gives me strength.

I do agree with most of the article. That humans live their lives in a much higher pace than we used to, because of technology. We need to take our moments to slow down. I do this by going to bed in time, doing yoga and meditating. Especially meditating helps me a lot to slow down and feel at peace.
                          So how do you think the universe come into being? Just naturally it happened? If by us, why cannot we reach other planets? Why we even cannot make one LIFE, like a tiny ant? You know that the moon is hollow and it has a gate in its back side?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                          Life is the purpose.
                          You mean life is to be alive? and live as you like?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Any relation to Billy Sunday? search on google if you also wonder. it is a name som e may have never heard of.
                          You mean my account name? No, I just made it myself, no special meaning. You can call me Ivy.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          This is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree with me if you want. I believe in God and a higher power. I believe that everybody have a different path to follow and soul-searching to find that path.
                          So did you find the truth?
                          For thousands of years, what did we find except for the Greatest Creator?

Comment

So how do you think the universe come into being? Just naturally it happened? If by us, why cannot we reach other planets? Why we even cannot make one LIFE, like a tiny ant? You know that the moon is hollow and it has a gate in its back side?
                            The universe came into being the way it did. I wasn't there, so I can't be sure of course. As far as science and the big bang, that's probably how it went, as far as humans can comprehend the universe that is.
                            WE didn't create the universe. That's not what I meant by humans creating the divine in ourselves. But humans do create life. Just put two people who like each other together and wait for 9 months :P
                            We can also reach other planets. We've been to the moon. I'm sure they found no gate. And soon we'll go to Mars.

Comment

You mean life is to be alive? and live as you like?
                              Exactly. Life just is. And when it isn't, it just isn't. Our existence is the fruit of chaos and chance, and honestly, in a seemingly infinite cycles of universes, the probability for something like us to happen just out of chance fairly high. This is of course assuming certain scientific speculations as true.

The concept of purpose is, to me, unnecessary even. If you are alive... you live. And as such you have a certain field of action. Use them according to your will. Just don't expect other people to let you freely use that field of action.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                              X