Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is life's purpose?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: What is life's purpose?

Any relation to Billy Sunday? search on google if you also wonder. it is a name som e may have never heard of.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Life is the purpose.
    I am a God in the making, report any glitches and bugs. We appreciate your feedback!
    If I thought gods were real, I would definitely let some of them touch me.
    Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Banned!
    Sep 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    I don't believe in heaven or a higher being who created us, a Creator or God. I think it's more the other way around, that humans created the divine, both around us and in ourselves. For me it's important to have a connection with that. It gives me strength.

I do agree with most of the article. That humans live their lives in a much higher pace than we used to, because of technology. We need to take our moments to slow down. I do this by going to bed in time, doing yoga and meditating. Especially meditating helps me a lot to slow down and feel at peace.
    So how do you think the universe come into being? Just naturally it happened? If by us, why cannot we reach other planets? Why we even cannot make one LIFE, like a tiny ant? You know that the moon is hollow and it has a gate in its back side?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRave View Post
    Life is the purpose.
    You mean life is to be alive? and live as you like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Any relation to Billy Sunday? search on google if you also wonder. it is a name som e may have never heard of.
    You mean my account name? No, I just made it myself, no special meaning. You can call me Ivy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    This is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree with me if you want. I believe in God and a higher power. I believe that everybody have a different path to follow and soul-searching to find that path.
    So did you find the truth?
    For thousands of years, what did we find except for the Greatest Creator?

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Pagan/ witch

Quote Originally Posted by ivysunday View Post
    So how do you think the universe come into being? Just naturally it happened? If by us, why cannot we reach other planets? Why we even cannot make one LIFE, like a tiny ant? You know that the moon is hollow and it has a gate in its back side?
    The universe came into being the way it did. I wasn't there, so I can't be sure of course. As far as science and the big bang, that's probably how it went, as far as humans can comprehend the universe that is.
    WE didn't create the universe. That's not what I meant by humans creating the divine in ourselves. But humans do create life. Just put two people who like each other together and wait for 9 months :P
    We can also reach other planets. We've been to the moon. I'm sure they found no gate. And soon we'll go to Mars.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase

Exactly. Life just is. And when it isn't, it just isn't. Our existence is the fruit of chaos and chance, and honestly, in a seemingly infinite cycles of universes, the probability for something like us to happen just out of chance fairly high. This is of course assuming certain scientific speculations as true.

The concept of purpose is, to me, unnecessary even. If you are alive... you live. And as such you have a certain field of action. Use them according to your will. Just don't expect other people to let you freely use that field of action.
    I am a God in the making, report any glitches and bugs. We appreciate your feedback!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Sounds good to me Sean.

- - - Updated - - -

I have lived my life on a path of chaos mostly.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You mean my account name? No, I just made it myself, no special meaning. You can call me Ivy.

- - - Updated - - -

So did you find the truth?
    For thousands of years, what did we find except for the Greatest Creator?
    Yes I did.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

While many of us here believe in something more, we also tend to be big believers in science... and there's no science backing a hollow moon, or hollow earth theory.
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    While many of us here believe in something more, we also tend to be big believers in science... and there's no science backing a hollow moon, or hollow earth theory.
    Just a confirmation of what you say. If anyone wants to clear up the tons of scientific assumptions and fragmented knowledge I blurt in the next paragraph feel free to do so :P

Hollow earth and hollow moon are both impossible from a scientific standpoint for many reasons. For earth its especially its magnetic shield generated by extremely high amount of molten iron currents rotating inside of Earth. Also because of gravity we can guess how much mass the earth and the moon have, which makes them being hollow extremely unlikely. Plus external pressure would not allow for such a configuration. No compound at a planetary scale just support its own weight while allowing pockets of hollowness (air? gas?). Two scenarios exist. Either the pocket is very small, in which case due to pressure, matter around it would just collapse and the gas expelled, void and gravity attracting everything inside of it. or either the pocket is substantially large and only an external eggshell exists, which is also unlikely because the planet would have very little mass and it would easily torn apart by tidal forces.

I'm no scientist but I think its along those lines. To my knowledge (which let's be honest, is not that vast) there is no record of celestial object big enough to be considered a planet to be hollow on the inside, meaning a central spherical space of void or gas encased by a solid or at least denser material. Also the---

I got bored. I was going to say something about how water behaves on Earth or whatever.
    Last edited by SeanRave; 04 Oct 2018 at 14:26.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRave View Post
    Just a confirmation of what you say. If anyone wants to clear up the tons of scientific assumptions and fragmented knowledge I blurt in the next paragraph feel free to do so :P

Hollow earth and hollow moon are both impossible from a scientific standpoint for many reasons. For earth its especially its magnetic shield generated by extremely high amount of molten iron currents rotating inside of Earth. Also because of gravity we can guess how much mass the earth and the moon have, which makes them being hollow extremely unlikely. Plus external pressure would not allow for such a configuration. No compound at a planetary scale just support its own weight while allowing pockets of hollowness (air? gas?). Two scenarios exist. Either the pocket is very small, in which case due to pressure, matter around it would just collapse and the gas expelled, void and gravity attracting everything inside of it. or either the pocket is substantially large and only an external eggshell exists, which is also unlikely because the planet would have very little mass and it would easily torn apart by tidal forces.

I'm no scientist but I think its along those lines. To my knowledge (which let's be honest, is not that vast) there is no record of celestial object big enough to be considered a planet to be hollow on the inside, meaning a central spherical space of void or gas encased by a solid or at least denser material. Also the---

I got bored. I was going to say something about how water behaves on Earth or whatever.
    Thank you. I've been in a few too many Facebook discussions about this in the last 6 months.
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.