Real Dragon Deities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real Dragon Deities

I study Sumerian things why i relate to tiamat,and the creation myth,also anunitu is Sumerian goddess name my spell checker sucks

also strega traces back to arcadia(sp) and has roots in Samaria murdok(sp) grgori and watchers nefilum from bible.

- - - Updated - - -

see here for about strega

- - - Updated - - -

though this is connected to Raven Grimassi,still interesting site,hawk may like this.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Re: Real Dragon Deities

Originally posted by Constantinitus View Post
      That is quite interesting, considering how the entity managed to enter the human cosmology in a very real anthropomorphized form (often that of a dragon). What do you think would be some of the potential explanations for others "working with" these entities in a "perceptibly active" manner?

I suppose that makes sense. I wonder how/why folks invite the divine mother of dragons considering her "instability". I wonder what sort of relationship they may have with her but like Torey mentioned, it is unverified personal gnosis, and they may very well be working with some other entity that masks as being Tiamat.
      This actually reminds me a bit of a discussion I had with someone about Baba Yaga recently. Not to derail the line of discussion. In fairy tales, Baba Yaga is often portrayed as the mother of dragons and may even take on a dragon like form (e.g. the hala or ala of the Balkans). Baba Yaga *can* be helpful, but there are very specific rules of engagement. When you enter her abode, for example, you must ask her for food in order to bind her by the rules of hospitality. Generally in East European folklore (as well as other traditions) dragons are viewed as beings of the underworld and enemies of the heavenly Gods such as Perun. Killing them releases the waters or causes golden wheat to fall from the sky. They may also steal the sun, the moon, and the stars.

Magyar népmesék 2. sorozatRendezte / Directed by: Horváth Mária, Jankovics MarcellMesemondó / Storyteller: Szabó GyulaZene / Music: Kaláka együttesGyártó / P...

There's a reason that the dragon-slaying myth is often called the "chaoskampf." In general, these beings are portrayed as being outside of or even against the established order that our world exists in. That's not to say that you couldn't work with them, but it seems like it would be kind of risky. Working with such a deity would be less of a worship/patron-based relationship and more of a dangerous shamanic journey.
      If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Working...
      X