Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

How many of you have people that ask you a question and interrupt you within your first three words to tell you you're wrong. Like, did you even know what I was going to say? Because your interpretation did not even cross my mind.

I am a witch. So what. I accept your religion and you don't accept mine. I'm okay with that. But when you throw all my practice tools away and yell at me all the time and say I'm going to hell and that I'll burn in flames...

LOL what hell?

I'm possessed by the devil?

LOL what devil?

Uggghhhhh

I'm done now
    Last edited by MourningStarre; 27 Nov 2018, 15:55.

Re: Seriously?

Originally posted by AvalonRainne View Post
    How many of you have people that ask you a question and interrupt you within your first three words to tell you you're wrong. Like, did you even know what I was going to say? Because your interpretation did not even cross my mind.

I am a witch. So what. I accept your religion and you don't accept mine. I'm okay with that. But when you throw all my practice tools away and yell at me all the time and say I'm going to hell and that I'll burn in flames...

LOL what hell?

I'm possessed by the devil?

LOL what devil?

Uggghhhhh

I'm done now
    Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum. People are very narrow-minded then ever nowadays.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. And unfortunately they are. Merry Meet Bartmanhomer. I like your name

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. And unfortunately they are. Merry Meet Bartmanhomer. I like your name
        Thank you. I like your name too. My name is mash up of Bartman (Bart Simpson alter ego and a parody of Batman) and Homer as Homer Simpson.

Comment

Neat! My name is actually my spiritual name.
          My Mother is Nyx and my Father is Tlaloc.
          I am Avalon. Avalon Rainne.
          My amulet is and always has been a triskelion.

Comment

Neat! My name is actually my spiritual name.
            My Mother is Nyx and my Father is Tlaloc.
            I am Avalon. Avalon Rainne.
            My amulet is and always has been a triskelion.
            Nice. I like it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Avalon! Yeah people are narrow-minded nowadays. My family is Catholic and I live with my parents who are accepting of my religion. However, my sister and my brother-in-law are not. Once in a while he will be a smart ass and ask about my dark god. You could say my god is dark, I worship Anubis, but he's a good type of dark. Anyway, you'll meet those type of people out there. Just ignore them. Welcome again! I look forward to chatting with you.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

You just can't reason with some people. Especially those who believe that there are absolute truths in this life. Or cats. I have a Christian friend who thinks that Satan really wants me. I respect her faith though and I kind of find it interesting. I don't mind reading the Bible with her. She is happy with her faith too. We don't debate and I don't tell her much. The funny thing is that originally I thought she had joined some weird cult... I didn't tell her that though. That just would have been rude. You can't accomplish much like that. I don't know how that kind of logic works. "We hate you! Please join us..." (There are really nice and great people in every religion though!)

Throwing away your tools isn't cool. It's tough to live with someone who doesn't respect you or give your privacy. I would honestly rather be homeless than live with my family again (that has almost happened too). I still love them but can't be around them too much.

I had to hide my stuff from my ex. I guess I got used to using some really ambiguous items.

Comment

Been sitting here thinking about how to respond to this thread. It speaks to two differing situations in my mind. You have the familial situation of family or close friends who have close connections to the person so hold one perspective of the individual and their "Life Style" choices. Yet you also have the "Stranger" perspective and opinion of ones life style and opinion upon your choices.

From my perspective your speaking of the familial or friend position and that is different than the stranger position. It touches a different dynamic and it revolves around a different relationship and set of presumed ground rules. It also tends to involve a completely different set of presumptions about the one being observed and an implied history about them. It's more than just reasoning with the person and their opinion its also about a history of the person and actions they have that often influence they way interactions go between them. The so called three word interruption I tend to find is often a trait for instance that is common not something that simply occurs in that instance. It's a normal communications exchange feature between the two parties. So I admit I am suspect when it is thrust into a rant as an example or force of justification.

Granted that doesn't excuse the behaviour or justify it. For me it just tends to put it into perspective to how I've normally seen it realistically in practice. That type of personality doesn't just happen it's always there.

So you on the surface, to me anyway, seem to have a situation where you state your a witch and that is your religion. Yet being a witch is not a religion that is a practice by most accounts. Even in the occult community you tend to hear "Witch" more as a practice than a religion, except for perhaps Wicca but then that is defined more as Wiccan than Witch. Yet here you list your religion as Shamanka. Hm, that would seem to suggest some form of Shamanic practice vice witch. Imagine if you told your friend to go read about your religion. Not sure it'd be a great supporting thing to find something that say's it's all based upon something created by a woman who claim's she found a book in an attic that is supposedly from her grandfather. That'd probably give her doubts. Especially considering a great majority of shamanic traditions are oral based.

If she has any long term history with you and seen you go through any type of teenage seeking for your identity then it might color her perceptions of your fate. Unfortunately, that to seems to be a rather common occurrence in the pagan community when you dig through the chaff and actually start talking to people. Lots of stories about new or younger pagans who have anger stories where people shamed or bashed them only to discover it was family or friends who grew up with them. Then saw them go through all the "Identity Seeking" stages and though the pagan stage was just another rebellion stage and many times they were.

Don't get me wrong not discounting what your saying or what your feeling. From a shamanic perspective it's sort of an aspect of some forms of shamanic death. It's not the physical death where you actually die but it's the death of bonds and connections to the physical and mental world. It's the death you have to undergo in order to be able to analyze and conceptualize outside yourself if you are to aide others.

As to throwing away your tools, destroying property (throwing away tools is destroying property), that is wrong. Yelling at you and telling you that you'll burn in hell is also wrong and mental abuse. If a friend then i'd seriously reconsider that friendship, if a relationship then that to needs to be re-evaluated. Verbal abuse can be just as deadly and hurtful as physical abuse in the short-term and long-term. No one needs that, not saying yelling is not going to happen, I think every relationship has it at times. But telling someone they are going to burn in hell is not just yelling.

I will leave this with one final thing though. In my experience I have seen situations where "Tools" have been taken because it was the will of a higher power that the person loose them. The tool is a channel and nothing more, but the "Power" that is channeled was done through the practitioner and anything he / she used was an effective "Tool". Yet he / she had to loose every tool they had before they could realize that. Once they realized that they gained the confidence they lacked to make their original tools work properly.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

i should have put this here.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Just the word "witch" is enough to stir controversy. Interestingly, the word "pagan" and "witchcraft" has been demonized to such an extent that even in the East (India comes to mind), where majority follow spiritual disciplines that have a lot in common with western witchcraft, people consider you to be a "black magick", child mutilating, hexer and ostracize you. This is in part thanks to the powerful influence of the Abrahamic religions.

Comment

Working...
                      X