Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy pagan statues?

pragon

Where to buy pagan statues?

Does anyone know where I can purchase some statues? They can even be figures. I'm not sure what super market to go to. I do not buy things online. It must be in person. I'm mostly looking for Egyptian figures. Bastet and Isis.

Jan 2014
    Religion
    Solitary Witch

Re: Where to buy pagan statues?

Whenever I move to a new area I usually just go on to google maps app and search for "metaphysical supply store" on there to find a local shop. That phrase usually has the best results whenever I'm looking for local places with that kind of merchandise. You might also look at events that might have that kind of merchandise (ren fairs, conventions, etc). Or you could hit the local thrift shops to find an item that could represent the Deity or use a print of an image of them that you like to save some money, or you could make something yourself or carve a symbol to represent them into a candle or paint a symbol on a stone, or what have you. The statues at those supplies stores are usually pretty pricey, honestly.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

You may have to travel to find a pagan shop. Metaphysical stores, Asian markets, and occasionally head shops, will have them. If you do have a head shop, and they don't have what you're looking for, you could ask them to look into it for you.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I know azuregreen.com has some.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I know azuregreen.com has some.
    They said they absolutely won't buy online. Which is a huge problem, because that's the only really reliable place I know to look.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

there used to be a store in sf kind of all things esoteric,bought my flying cat statue there. can't remember its name,ut most likely gone now.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    I love this. I also love the term flapcat. No cats in the house now, but the next one is going to hear about flapcat.

May 2012
    Religion
    Heathen

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

If you aren't willing to shop online, your best bet is pagan shops or festival merchants and museum stores. Museum gift stores, though often pricey, are a much overlooked source of generally quality reproductions.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible