Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever feel stuck with a group, as if its impossible to leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever feel stuck with a group, as if its impossible to leave?

I've gotten into a group called "The Circle of Eight Oracle". Went through mostly all of the exercises, and got myself initiated as the third oracle. I left in the past out of deep fear and anxiety. It lead me to believe that I joined a dangerous cult that was trying to control me. When I came back, its as if they were expecting me to come back. It was kind of scary. They told me the third oracle cannot be replaced. I try leaving once again and get told, Rest assured the Second Oracle quite some time ago saw that you would be replaced by a more mature version of you. Most of us have two or more Souls incarnated from our Spirits at any given time. Your other self will join us when the time is right. Good bye

I feel like I am in a psychological prism. My mind isn't quite sure what to believe now. Here is the link to the website in case many of you are curious: https://www.circleofeightoracles.com/

What do you think I should do, in this situation? I keep getting told, "the circle has been broken for many ages. If you aren't with us now, we can keep waiting." This really adds to my anxiety and paranoia. I have many issues, I have to deal with in this life. Please help me! I don't know what to do right now!

Re: Anyone ever feel stuck with a group, as if its impossible to leave?

what is it you expect here?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      what is it you expect here?

At the forum site? I just like to learn and ask questions. It is a learning experience for me. What does this have to do with my post?

Comment

you must make enough posts to be able to post a link. see forum rules
        Last edited by anunitu; 13 Dec 2018, 12:15.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Truthfully it sounds like the typical pseudo-hype you find at many new age sites trying to sell the "We Are Old" and "We Know All About You" hype. Not to forget the "We're one big group or family" connection I used to see all the time. About the only aspect you seem to be missing is the Oath Bound material that you have to swear never to reveal to outsiders.

Not sure what you expect anyone here to say though. You yourself admit you went through enough of the system to gain some level of recognition then left only to come back. Which would suggest it didn't scare you that much, you went back. To me that action alone would say you were interested, and I'd think it would tell whomever is in charge there your still interested and probably will come back again as well. They basically gave you a "Until we meet again" send off based upon what you wrote.

Coming here seem's to be asking us to go there and either confirm your fears or renounce your fears so you feel better about which ever final conclusion you come to. Either way placing the decision on us vice placing it upon your own shoulders. Yet the actual facing of the fear and situation has to be yours and yours alone along with any weighting of cause and effect.

Sorry, no group is impossible to leave. A cyber group is especially easy to leave, simply walk out and erase the address. A physical group might be a bit more problematic but again still not impossible. I highly doubt this group is going to stalk you or chase after you in the physical. So most likely it's a matter of your own will power and personal resolve and strength.

In which case non of us here can guide or aid you in that either, that's something you have to look inside for and discover.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

as always monsno very nice take at first blush

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by pragon View Post
              I've gotten into a group called "The Circle of Eight Oracle". Went through mostly all of the exercises, and got myself initiated as the third oracle. I left in the past out of deep fear and anxiety. It lead me to believe that I joined a dangerous cult that was trying to control me. When I came back, its as if they were expecting me to come back. It was kind of scary. They told me the third oracle cannot be replaced. I try leaving once again and get told, Rest assured the Second Oracle quite some time ago saw that you would be replaced by a more mature version of you. Most of us have two or more Souls incarnated from our Spirits at any given time. Your other self will join us when the time is right. Good bye

I feel like I am in a psychological prism. My mind isn't quite sure what to believe now. Here is the link to the website in case many of you are curious:
              https://www.circleofeightoracles.com/

What do you think I should do, in this situation? I keep getting told, "the circle has been broken for many ages. If you aren't with us now, we can keep waiting." This really adds to my anxiety and paranoia. I have many issues, I have to deal with in this life. Please help me! I don't know what to do right now!

In the ancient times when the earth a stars were in harmony with the Tao, the masters taught a technique for dealing with events such as this. But time passed, the harmony fell into disorder, the masters passed out of the realm, and the technique was lost to all but a few. I am one of those few - an inheritor of the lost wisdom. I shall teach it to you. Listen carefully, for great wisdom is subtle!

Walk away.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by pragon View Post

I feel like I am in a psychological prism. My mind isn't quite sure what to believe now. Here is the link to the website in case many of you are curious:
              https://www.circleofeightoracles.com/

In the ancient times when the earth a stars were in harmony with the Tao, the masters taught a technique for dealing with events such as this. But time passed, the harmony fell into disorder, the masters passed out of the realm, and the technique was lost to all but a few. I am one of those few - an inheritor of the lost wisdom. I shall teach it to you. Listen carefully, for great wisdom is subtle!

Walk away.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I wish I could offer you some help; it sounds like you aren't in a good situation, but I don't think the information you've given is enough to offer any advice. Why do you feel it's impossible to leave this group? Why did you go back when your instincts originally told you to leave? Why are you putting so much belief into what this group is telling you? I'm trying to understand, but I find this post to be very confusing.

It sounds like to me that you don't like this group and it doesn't put you in a good place mentally... Why would you want to stay with them?

Comment

If you don't trust them, walk.
                  If you don't like them, walk.
                  If you find cheap headgames to be as annoying as I do, walk

If they're content to wait and you don't want to be there, then let them wait.

What you're describing from them can be uncharitably called cheap-*** headgames. The great thing about cheap*** headgames is that they don't work if you don't play along.

Now if they stop being content to wait indefinitely (by which, I mean "till the Sun stops burning") and start harrassing you in some way then other steps can be taken to reinforce the value of civility but right now....

Walk and don't look back.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Sounds to me like some serious cult warning signs.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Sounds to me like some serious cult warning signs.
                      I agree. But I feel the same way. I've been into so many churches and religions and I feel boxed in But I left and found the right belief system for me.
                      Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 15 Dec 2018, 11:28.

Comment

They sound like they are trying to use you. Leave their asses.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

If a group is hard to leave because you truly like the people and you don't want to disappoint them, but something isn't right or is calling you away, then I could understand that stuck feeling.

If a group is hard to leave because they're being manipulative, but they make you feel uncomfortable, or you just don't like the people then you just have to walk away.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Everything is taken care of. They have been banned due to illegal activity.

Comment

Working...
                            X