Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character from The Tempest are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which character from The Tempest are you?

In my never ending attempts to make Shakespeare funner for students, I have created a "What character are you?" quiz to introduce some of the main characters in The Tempest.

I dunno if anybody is interested, or even if they know the play, but if you want to give it a whirl, here ya go:

https://www.playbuzz.com/item/89fd5a...b-68ad89272d61

(Also, Lemme know what you think!)

P.S. I end up being Prospero
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 14 Dec 2018, 08:17.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Which character from The Tempest are you?

I thought it was fun!

I got Ariel

Comment

most likely i am the fool,if there is a char like that
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hmm, Prospero.

Someone familiar with the play would have to tell me if they consider that an accurate assessment.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
          I thought it was fun!

I got Ariel
          LOL - I know what choices you made then .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          most likely i am the fool,if there is a char like that
          Take it and find out. (The clown character is Trinculo).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Hmm, Prospero.

Someone familiar with the play would have to tell me if they consider that an accurate assessment.
          Yes. You'd make an exceptional Prospero.

It seems to be working. Maybe I'll do a "What old testament character are you?" next.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I also got Ariel.

Fun quiz, somewhat accurate representation of my personality. There's a grammatical error in your opening quiz statement though. Ambition rears its not it's ugly head.

Mostly art.

Comment

I got Prospero too it's one of the plays I haven't read, but I might see if I can find the time. I love Shakespeare.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Ferdinand.

"You are somebody's idea of PERFECT. You are loyal to those to whom should be loyal; you are worldly and sophisticated, and your well deserved place among the rich and famous is awaiting you. You a a smooth talker, and a good listener, and that will get you far in life. Your biggest flaw is that you "wear your heart on your sleeve," meaning that you are incapable of hiding your feelings, even when it would be to your advantage to do so."

Probably accurate on the last part lol.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I also got Ariel.

Fun quiz, somewhat accurate representation of my personality. There's a grammatical error in your opening quiz statement though. Ambition rears its not it's ugly head.
                  Thanks for pointing that out. I have a few other small changes to make - it helps to have other eyes go over it.

Comment

This is what I got:
                    You are Ariel

You are the airy spirit. You are an entity of nature, a thing not of the mortal world. You have the power of transformation which you use to do your job - but you would much rather just use it to play tricks on people for your own amusement. And yet... despite the awesome powers at your disposal, you feel trapped, and your greatest desire to to be free to roam.

I can see that.

Comment

Been some time since I read it. But I got Prospero as my result.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                      X