Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone feel psychologists and psychiatrists are psychopaths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone feel psychologists and psychiatrists are psychopaths?

Originally posted by pragon View Post
    Pragon says:

Another post telling me to get on medication is not going to help me. This is why I am tired of seeking help. Why should I sit down with someone who thinks they know everything in my mind? They sit at their desk as if they are god or a prophet of god. If a human being thinks they can compare and contrast my life to others, that is ridiculous. Comparing is the worst damage you can do to help someone. you have no idea what I've been through. I get everyone has problems okay. however, don't start comparing. Don't start contrasting me with other people. You don't even know my story. It's hard to go on with all this junk inside.
    I don't care if you take meds or not. I'm saying meds do help people. They don't help everyone to the same level, nor are they a magic pill. You can't just take the meds and not do the work. This is a DISCUSSION forum. You asked an opinion on whether we felt psychiatry was psychotic. You got one. You did not get a diagnosis of what you should do or what is wrong with you. You are right, I don't know you or your story, which is why I didn't comment on you.

I did use one single use of the word "you," which I then followed with a restatement of the sentence using the word "we"...this was a universal "you" and not "you" you specifically. I would have thought that was obvious, but from everything you have written here, as well as elsewhere, it seems you are quite determined to make everything about you and how no one understands you. Good luck with that.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I can't say anything about you, such as "take meds," or "Don't take meds" because the effect of various meds differ from one individual to another.

What I can say is this: Both my wife and I take zooloft for anxiety & depression. It works great for ME, and pretty good for my wife.

If you've run the experiment and the results of taking meds has been ineffective, try something else.

Anger directed at those who have tried for you and failed, or at medications that were ineffective for you, is not going to help you in any way.

(P.S. I couple the meds with a lot of mediation. My wife doesn't. I don't know if that's the difference, or part of the difference, or totally unrelated. Maybe?)
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

While the history of mental health is steeped in bad and shady practices (the same as many other aspects of humanity), psychology and psychiatric studies are very real and very helpful. Don't know why you seem to be so angry about it but you do you.
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
        X