Calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling?

Hi! I’m new to the forum, and I still consider myself new to paganism since my studies have been a little on and off. But when I settled myself in a little more fully, I prayed to revive a dream from ‘my’ god. Who it was going to be I had no idea. But I received a dream of a blue sky with a burning sun, and a bow cast in shadow over the sun.

Well I’ve taken Greek myths, I immediately thought of Apollo and began worshiping him to the best of my abilities for a few months, and I did feel a connection-but I never received anything else back from him, no matter how hard I tried to contact. Perhaps it’s because I’m simply awful at it, but whatever the case was, I felt extremely discouraged. Since then I’ve prayed to Loki twice-once wracked with anxiety. Once I began praying to him my anxiety was gone and suddenly I was incredibly calm. The other time I prayed (for something stupid Let’s leave it at that) and the prayer seemed to have been answered-it happened. I did fulfill my promise of sacrificing him some fresh cookies.

Getting to the heart of my problem-I’m unsure which path I am meant to take, which god is calling me. I truly cannot figure out which god is trying to reach out to me, and any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PS-if someone could tell me what the little message plus button/icon is I would be forever greatful
    Last edited by Potato92; 18 Jan 2019, 22:00. Reason: Extra Question

Re: Calling?

welcome to the forum potato,we are a great group,just post and engage

- - - Updated - - -

not sure what you are referring to "message" plus?

- - - Updated - - -

can you do a screen shot of it?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Probably the multi-quote button. It allows you to add several referenced quotes to your reply.

Welcome to the forum. I was called by my Gods as well. Though they were clear from the beginning on their identity. Maybe you need to do some introspection to really figure out what's going on and who is calling for your worship.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

How is it going in France Sean,I see about riots or something going on,stay safe.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Potato!

I've never really had a calling, but I've always felt drawn to certain gods/goddesses. I agree with Sean. Maybe try to meditate and notice the thoughts and feelings you have. A God may present himself once you know what your needs are.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Most people in my experience put too much emphasis on what path to take and forget to just start walking. You don't have to devote yourself to a deity right away, you are allowed to study many of them and even make offerings to many of them. Sometimes it can take awhile to feel comfortable with your path, and usually that happens right before you find a new direction to begin a new journey. Best wishes!
            “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

One of the things I admire so much about paganism is its diversity and leaning towards self-direction. Explore what interests you, practise what you like. The outcome will be the same, self-awareness and sensitivity to the world around you. I hope you find what you are loooking for.

Comment

Well it is now the 27th, basically 9 days since your initial posting. Not a lot to be sure but over a week since you posted with your questions but no follow up or added info. My point being, you've asked for guidance or advise yet not returned, the 19th was also the last date you were here.

You claim Apollo, which the imagery you posted does apply to. You claim Loki which the trickster aspect applies to. Yet Apollo also has a trickster aspect. But we do not know what was actually requested so can not say. We do not know what was asked of Apollo either. Figure the Hellene (Greek) Apollo is somewhat different than the Roman Apollo in ways.

What you've not told us is have you actually done anything to discover anything about Apollo. Have you done anything to discover Apollo in his historical and mythological presence across the Hellene and Latin world usage.

To be honest simply to many holes in here to really say anything
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                  One of the things I admire so much about paganism is its diversity and leaning towards self-direction. Explore what interests you, practise what you like. The outcome will be the same, self-awareness and sensitivity to the world around you. I hope you find what you are loooking for.
                  long time no see lady good to see you again

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I’m so sorry for being so late to reply-I’ve been busy with things in my life. I’ve done research on both loki and Apollo since the time, although im far from being experts on either. Thank you for all the replies and again, my apologies for not responding sooner. I do truly appreciate all the help and welcoming!

But since this one I’ve proceeded to investigate Norse mythology and further dive into Greek mythology-I’m beggining to wonder if I should perhaps turn to some research for Roman myths as well.

And Faye_Cat- Thank you very much for the advice pertaining to focusing more on belief and craft then on a path so much at the beggining. I reached out to a friend who was also beggining to question and spoke. I’ve also turned more into mediation as all of you have suggested! It’s still difficult but I understand the importance.

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding!

Comment

Potato, I'm so glad you followed up with all the guidance you received here. I think you'll find people here have endless patience for people who actually want to learn. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                      X