Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some input on aftermath?

OK, I hope this is in the right place?
    I'm new to this site and really not sure how it works yet.

I had a question I was hoping some people here could give me some input on, for context;

Apart from some light exploring in my teenage years, I've done my best to avoid my call to magics of all kinds. It was sort of a "leave well enough alone" thing for me.
    Recently my friend came to me and told me that some years ago, he'd been cursed by a particularly vile person, who in addition to the curse, had done quite a lot of harm to him.
    He was bent out of shape and I felt I needed to help him. I'm a believer in trusting my gut.
    So out came the books, and quite a bit of internet searching, and a lot of internal searching too. I also consulted someone who I trust, who in more familiar in the practice of these things.

After all that I made my decision and designed my rituals.
    Last night we went to a local woods that I felt was most appropriate, and I preformed some rituals to break the curse. I also did a binding, to prevent this person from doing more harm. And lastly cast a protection charm on a token for him to keep.
    Today I'm exhausted. I mean utterly exhausted. Physically, mentally, emotionally.
    Is that normal?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on this.

Re: Some input on aftermath?

Originally posted by Anakis View Post
    OK, I hope this is in the right place?
    I'm new to this site and really not sure how it works yet.
    Welcome to the forum! Don't hesitate to post an introduction in, well, the "Introductions" subforum.
    When in doubt, this is almost always the right place to post queries.

I'm a believer in trusting my gut.
    In my opinion, trusting one's gut is the best belief system there is.

Today I'm exhausted. I mean utterly exhausted. Physically, mentally, emotionally.
    Is that normal?
    Not only it is fairly normal, but for me a clear and distinct sign that you got stuff done. It's not necessarily an indicator of a ritual/spell's success, though. Let me explain.

It is often agreed upon that during magic, a lot of stuff is happening, but in short, you are effectively gathering, manipulating, and directing energy. And energy, just like matter, is a finite resource. When you do a ritual, you're gathering energy from various sources, this includes (almost always) energy from within yourself. When doing a ritual, casting a spell, or charging charms, you're effectively pulling energy from your own spirit. Quite literally depleting yourself. Add that to the fact that ritual work and spellwork are truly spiritual workouts, it's not uncommon to be exhausted after thorough workings.

Feeling depleted and exhausted means that you successfully pulled energy from yourself, and gave your spirit a good workout session. It also means you didn't just run around half-naked in a forest yelling stuff and burning random effigies of the target.

Believe in your ritual.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

as the god boy has said,trust his knowledge sean is experienced

- - - Updated - - -

thinking god dude or god man from now on sean rock on rock on.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes, I'm with Sean on this too. Magic and ritual - done properly - ARE exhausting, which I why I have doubts about people who claim to be doing them all the time. Well done for stepping in to help your friend. I hope it all goes well.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Wow Anakis, what an encouraging response from our community.

Good on you for getting out of your comfort zone and taking care of your friend.

I'm sure people might not put this in the same category, but I know I've felt like this too after leading worship and praying for people at church. I have to make sure I spend time regenerating.

I hope you find a way to take care of yourself. Maybe some of the others here have some suggestions for you if that's what you'd like to hear about next.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
            Maybe some of the others here have some suggestions for you if that's what you'd like to hear about next.
            In most cases just refraining from doing spellwork/witchcraft/magic (we really need to standardize a name for it), until the feeling of exhaustion is gone proves to be sufficient.

Otherwise some simple, "restorative" meditation should help.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

i like meditation to recharge
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                That's so nice of you to help your friend out! And as the others have said it's completely normal to feel exhausted after a ritual.
                To regenerate all you need to do is rest. Meditate, go to bed early and nurture your body with healthy foods is what I usually do.

Comment

First welcome to the forum.

Glad you did well on the working but I'm going to take an opposite direction here from everyone else. Your said your friend was cursed, that means he had to believe he was cursed. It also means you had to believe he was cursed to effectively remove that curse and effectively prove to him you removed that curse. So you had to have a psychological investment into not only this curse but what this curse was doing. You couldn't remove it if you didn't know what it was supposed to be doing and how it was effecting / affecting him.

There's the catch. You created a charm to protect him. That means you have to carry his belief in the curse for the charm to be effective, even if only in his mind and for you to convey that idea of its effectiveness. If the belief in his curse was strong enough to cause the issue then you've taken it on for the duration and its burden.

That's weighty in an emotional, psychological and physical way. That will linger upon you even as the fatigue from the ritual / spell work fades for your tied to the ritual / spellwork.

I'm not even going to touch on the "Binding" part of this as that is a whole different aspect if done wrong. That is the perfect trifecta of envelopment's since there is the person who is cursed (even if only presumed), the person who is doing the cursing (again even if only presumed), and the caster doing the binding. A perfect tapestry of threads to be weaved and spun and separated from all three parties and left attached to none or only the correct parties. Not counting the charm of protection you created at the end.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Since the magical side of things has been covered already, from a purely physical standpoint, you took on a lot of work on behalf of a friend that, presumably, you care about and were worried for. That's stress. Added stress on top of your normal stress load is tiring. Sometimes to the point of making every aspect of your very being feel like a washrag being rung out. Time and self-care are in order...
                    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X