Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin issues

Hey everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Lately I have been noticing that I have been having a lot of trouble with dryness of my face. I don't really have a routine I guess you could say. I am going to see my dermatologist in March, but until then, what would you recommend? I do have cera ve. Is there any types of skin creams or moisturizers that you would recommend that have worked for you? I have had this go on for the past few months and part of it I think is due to the weather, but I would think if all of it was due to the weather then a basic cream would help me. Thanks for the help everyone.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Skin issues

Apricot oil is beautiful for skin and hair. A very very light oil that is readily absorbed by the skin

Comment

Im not much for fancy stuff. I would use coconut oil or apple cider vinegar.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

You may consider seeing an Esthetician. They usually assess skin before doing a facial with various masks and so on and can recommend a skin regiment for you. I think the most basic regiment seems to be to wash the face with a gentle soap or cleanser followed by a moisturizer. Many of those now also come with SPF to protect against sun exposure which can also dry up skin. And drink lots of water. Hydrating yourself helps hydrating your skin as well. Doctor visits can get pretty expensive, especially if they prescribe medicated moisturizers/lotions/ointment when often times that can be avoided. I try to get a facial once a season if I can. I don't always have the funds for it, but many spas have specials and deals.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

i am having issues with dry skin from thr diabetes, have to use a lot of moisturizers to keep my skin from getting very dry and kind of flakey, i know maybe not relevant to everyone but it makes it hard to feel good about oneself at times. you know i have the extra issue of feeling not real at times because of my gender issue at times i feel i am just a freak of nature

- - - Updated - - -

i really need to change my avatar on pf,that one no longer reflects my self reflection, and i need to find a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe this.
          Capturenewest.jpg

this at least shows a little boobige,something i avoided before.

- - - Updated - - -

not sure that would make a good avatar though

- - - Updated - - -

i think i really need to lose the non binery image,it makes me feel less real as a new person
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Looking good anu. I'm looking at some of Burt's Bees products. I like to shop organic and I think that it might a good product to try.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Oil of Olay
              whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

that is kind of expensive though austin. damn again you are hot,i must not stare.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  Looking good anu. I'm looking at some of Burt's Bees products. I like to shop organic and I think that it might a good product to try.
                  I do recommend you either talk to a dermatologist and/or an esthetician because they can determine your skin type and recommend products for you. Or at least tell you what ingredients to look out for. I used to use a gel cleanser that claims to be botanically based and while it did help with acne, it actually also caused redness. I saw an esthetician at the spa I worked at and she recommended a gentle cream cleanser and the redness hasn't been nearly as bad as it used to be. I just need to get better at wearing moisturizer with SPF.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Just a thought - dehydration can cause skin dryness and flaking. Perhaps evaluate how much water you are drinking?

Comment

i try to drink more water,but my addiction to coffee is likely a problem in this

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        I do recommend you either talk to a dermatologist and/or an esthetician because they can determine your skin type and recommend products for you. Or at least tell you what ingredients to look out for. I used to use a gel cleanser that claims to be botanically based and while it did help with acne, it actually also caused redness. I saw an esthetician at the spa I worked at and she recommended a gentle cream cleanser and the redness hasn't been nearly as bad as it used to be. I just need to get better at wearing moisturizer with SPF.
                        I am going to be seeing a dermatologist in the first week of March, but I was wondering if there was something that could help til then.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Austin.Apollo View Post
                        Oil of Olay
                        Never tried it, but will look at it. Thanks for the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                        Just a thought - dehydration can cause skin dryness and flaking. Perhaps evaluate how much water you are drinking?
                        Haven't been drinking as much water as I should. I definitely will look into that. Thanks Torey.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                        X