Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

Dec 2019
    Religion
    Old Norse

Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

For me, Varg is a solid pagan and shares many of the same thoughts that i do about the world and the Norse way of life. He of course has a different view point on many things but i am thankful for that. How do you feel about Varg and his interprations of the Gods, life and over all world view ?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

Quote Originally Posted by DHR View Post
    For me, Varg is a solid pagan and shares many of the same thoughts that i do about the world and the Norse way of life. He of course has a different view point on many things but i am thankful for that. How do you feel about Varg and his interprations of the Gods, life and over all world view ?
    I'm not Pagan so I wouldn't know. But I'm very open minded to learn more about Varg.

Dec 2019
    Religion
    Old Norse

This is an interesting one, youtube "thuleanperspective Dear Native Americans!"
    Louis (Varg) has a very interesting history. It would be hard to sum him up in one night. From the late 80s at the start of the Black Metal scene to now...a lot has happened.

Incompetent pagan window dressing for overt racism.

Dec 2019
    Religion
    Old Norse

I hope you have taken the time to fully hear him out and read his books. He has writen and posted videos on the topic of racism as well.

You asked for peoples thoughts on a neo-nazi arsonist who spent 15 years in prison for murder. Who peddles conspiracy theories, anti vaxx nuttery, prepping panic, and hilariously inept evolutionary racism online. Contemplating the totality of his views is precisely what leads me to decide that they aren't worth the trouble of sifting through second by horrible second.

He's well below my bar for a "solid pagan" - but that's just my bar, those are just my thoughts. I'm not really interested in a pantheon that supports the rats nest of a world view he holds, but obviously he's capable of creating one. We'd have to have utterly scraped the bottom of the pagan barrel and came up with wood shavings before I propped him or his views up as an example...and..frankly, the universe is just one standard unit of varg worse today than it was before I googled up who this guy was and what you were asking about.

Last edited by Rhythm; 12 Dec 2019 at 17:36.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Met Varg in person. Chill dude, probably a sociopath. Definitely racist.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Dec 2019
    Religion
    Old Norse

You googled and didnt even bother seeing the other side. Even i do not completely agree ( anti vax stuff ) with him but i have read a number of his books and a vast amount of his vidoe postings. As you have said, you only sifted. You must not have searched that hard, He covers everything you brought up and even says, he is a little crazy with his conspiracy. If you could link any of his videos or current works that he stats he is a Nazi, I would enjoy seeing that. Evolutionary Racism isn't the correct, I think you mean Scientific Racism. Its rather easy to sum up someone in a few searches vs actual spending time with subject matter. But you did give your opinion. He was however correct about the yellow vest protest but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Do you own a book by someone you do not agree with or an idea/topic you do not support ?

- - - Updated - - -

where did you meet him ?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I research a bit more and he very racist. I'm not very open to him anymore.

I get super uninterested anytime someone implores me to explore the "other side" of racism. I'm from the deep south, I'm familiar. There's just the one side to it.

Neo-pagan reconstruction-ism, norse neo-pagan reconstruction-ism in particular, has had a bit of a nazi problem for it's entire existence. On the one hand that's not remarkable, as it initially grew as an offshoot of late 19th and early 20th century romanticism, in societies which would have broadly agreed with white supremacist ideology, and saw in it a distilled form of spiritual whiteness and purity that could affirm the narrative of their worth by blood and their mythological notions about primordial "white" culture.
    Last edited by Rhythm; 12 Dec 2019 at 19:26.