Death Doulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Doulas

This article goes into it a bit. But basically, death doulas are people that help when a death occurs or is coming. It differs from hospice in that it is a more spiritual occupation than a medical one, not to say that death doulas hold to any one religion. They provide a steady face during the transition/active grieving period. They can also help with alternative end of life services, which is important if you don't know the laws, etc. This is something that I thought about getting certified in before I decided on mortuary school and I still think about getting certified for it, once I have the funds.

Do you think that these services would be useful to you? Is this something that you would be interested in doing with your time?
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.
Working...
X