Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small everyday witchcraft

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Small everyday witchcraft

For those of you who practice, what small things do you do in your day to day life that make it a little more magical than mudane? This could be daily tarot practice, or small spells or chants, meditation, or the lighting of candles before bed, etc.

Whenever I'm feeling a little stressed, I breathe deeply and chant to myself:

"Strength of day,
    strength of night,
    give me strength,
    beyond my sight."

I think I got it out of a book when I was a teenager, but it's stuck with me ever since.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Small everyday witchcraft

ahh affirmations i like that Vol,i should do that more myself
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

"Lady of the Moon
    Lord of the Sun
    Protect me and mine the day is now done"

I have no idea where I picked that up from, probably a book but since I was 16 I have said that every night. At this point its ingrained, I have to say it or I can't sleep. I also like to like incense at dusk, and I like to do my crafting in the kitchen when I'm cooking or baking.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

I trying to get in the habit of an affirmation as soon as I wake up and right before bed. I've been thrown off this week, but I need to start again.

Whenever I'm struggling I chant "I am a tower of strength within and without, I am a tower of strength within." There's a longer version of the chant, but I can't remember it. That part sticks with me.

Whenever Nova is particularly trying, my girlfriend chants, "I am a keeper of the future" The longer version is:
    I am a keeper of the future: my love outruns my anger
    I am a keeper of the future: my patience outruns my pride
    I am a keeper of the future: my hope outruns my despair

We also keep a hearth alter in out living room that is a corner china cabinet as well as personal alters, but those aren't used for daily practice as much as I would like.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

i really like your gfs one.

I am a keeper of the future: my love outruns my anger
    I am a keeper of the future: my patience outruns my pride
    I am a keeper of the future: my hope outruns my despair
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    "Lady of the Moon
    Lord of the Sun
    Protect me and mine the day is now done"

I have no idea where I picked that up from, probably a book but since I was 16 I have said that every night. At this point its ingrained, I have to say it or I can't sleep. I also like to like incense at dusk, and I like to do my crafting in the kitchen when I'm cooking or baking.
    We don't do it anymore, but I used to sing this to the tune of twinkle twinkle to Nova every night:
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    Through the twilight and darkness deep
    Earth fire water and air
    Stay with me when mama's not there
    Elements guard me through the night
    And leave with thanks at morning light.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    We don't do it anymore, but I used to sing this to the tune of twinkle twinkle to Nova every night:
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    Through the twilight and darkness deep
    Earth fire water and air
    Stay with me when mama's not there
    Elements guard me through the night
    And leave with thanks at morning light.
    That's absolutely beautiful. Milo used to like twinkle twinkle maybe we can try again. His favorite for the last year has been row, row, row your boat.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

People do all sorts of little rituals they might not even think of as witchcraft. When I take off my jewelry, I arrange it just so just because it feels right. I hold my teacup in my hands and breath in the smell, its enjoyable sure, but the smell of spices and earth, and the warmth in my hands is a kind of magic all its it's own. Then sometimes I'll read the dregs on the bottom of the cup. It only takes a minute. When I'm cold I'll think of fire, of salamanders and hot things, maybe ask for some. When I'm tired I recall that my my body is earthly material filled with fire- that even in exhaustion energy flows through me and everything else. When I cook I like to go over the different attributes of the herbs and oils and such in my head. It's a bunch of little things.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Jun 2019
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Phrase
    "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

I light a little bit of sweetgrass daily, because I love the sweet smell and it feels very positive.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Ah, we have "From the east, into the west; the sun has traveled and has blessed us, every rock and every tree, from the mountains to the seas; I give thanks to this day"
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible