Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sabrina the teenage witch (netflix original)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabrina the teenage witch (netflix original)

I just watched episode 1 of part 1 of this netflix original. Its about Sabrina before her 16th birthday she is about to be baptized in to a witch and sent of to a witch boarding school. Its good I am going to continue watching it I do not know how many episodes there are but they are at least an hour maybe longer each. Has anybody else watched this?
    whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Re: Sabrina the teenage witch (netflix original)

I binged it a few months back. I really enjoyed it. So, it's good, but it's also pretty well researched. As someone who's read tons of medieval witch literature, Sabrina tickles me. So many of the ideas, even the comical ones, show up somewhat. The familiars, the spells, the devil and his big book, the black mass, christianity, it's all informed by ideas of medieval witch hunting literature.

As for the content of the show, I found it entertaining. It has a vintage feel to it. Like an old creep movie style. The characters are good with interesting conflicts between them driving most of the conflict. Also it's fairly diverse despite taking place in small town USA.
    Circe

Comment

Bumping because new episodes.

So far I have watched 3 of the new episodes. I keep wanting to love this show wholeheartedly, but it keeps veering short of what I want of it. I guess because it finally introduces things that I rarely see, but I can't quite tell where they are going with them. Is that good? I don't know; I think it probably should be but it frustrates me. Interesting approaches to religion and witchcraft,yes. But where are they going with it? Strong feminist characters, yes. But I'm not sure they use that word the same way I use that word.

Comment

I tried to hard to like it. Or there were things about it that I really liked and then there were things I didn't. I just couldn't make myself love it, and not because it isn't like the WB Sabrina and not because they are Satanic witches, those things didn't bother. I loved the cast like I really loved them but for some reason, I just didn't really get into it.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

It is super PC and makes Wicca the good guy witches and all others Satanic witches. I would say most people watching don't care about all that though. I like some of the element of the show. I loved the tv show and still think the aunties are great.

Comment

I finished the season, and I have to say it got better. I was glad they addressed Theo's issues, although sometimes they were frustrating about it. See the basketball stuff. That really did not go the way I would have hoped. But when they let Theo have a struggle and still be a person with other traits-AdventureBoy- it got better. I loved the cast in general, I loved that it was soooo dark in tone, and I loved that they let Aunt Hilda be Aunt Hilda.

Comment

Working...
            X