Ghost Hunting and Paranormal Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Hunting and Paranormal Research

Are there any ghost hunters or paranormal researchers here? I used to watch the show on Sci-Fi when I was kid about T.A.P.S. and I loved it. I'm wanting to purchase some equipment and I have found a few beginners kits. I don't really want to go visit "Haunted Locations" but I would like to try and record my supernatural experiences at home with scientific equipment by having equipment on hand because I feel like my spirituality is alot like a haunting that follows me around. I'd like to have an evp recorder, EMF detector, and thermal imaging camera. But I'll probably just get a starter kit. Anybody have any recommendations?
    whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Re: Ghost Hunting and Paranormal Research

I used to believe in ghosts when I was in my teens and did some ghost hunting myself. Eventually I got to a point where I was scared in the dark... I was startled by every sound I heard. So to get rid of that fear, instead of proving ghosts exist, I started to debunk everything and search for scientific explanations to all the sounds and visuals I saw. I'm no longer afraid in the dark and I'm a lot wiser about all the sounds a place can produce. I used to watch a show, Ghost Hunters International or something it was called. But it turned out to be a total scam (like so many of those type of shows). They played mp3's to produce the ghost sounds and people off camera would make sound and visual effects.

Just keep an open mind when ghost hunting and don't see ghosts in everything. Also I wouldn't spend too much money on equipment. You can buy cheap EMF detectors online or at DIY stores. Just keep in mind they won't be very reliable in a place full of electricity. They weren't made for ghost hunters, but to determine the presence of electricity in walls or objects.

The evp recorder doesn't do anything different than any other normal sound recorder, so maybe you could just use the recorder on your smartphone or another device.

A thermal imaging camera detects temperatures from objects or individuals. As we don't know if ghosts exist, let alone what temperature a ghost has I've always thought it to be a useless device for ghost hunting. I've never had one. They're also rather expensive. I would wait buying stuff like that and see how it goes with the cheaper equipment or stuff you already have.

Have fun though! I always enjoyed it (apart from developing the fear).
    Last edited by Shahaku; 18 Feb 2019, 19:24.

Comment

I'd like to go to one of those really scary locations like Waverly Hills Sanatorium where stuff goes on all the time and take a doctor with me and when they the ghosts start banging on stuff start beating my chest like a caveman and scream YOU WANT ME SHADOW THING YOU WANT ME GHOSTY and take them on night after night with a doctor of course. From what I've seen people get startled and run away.
      whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Being a huge Buffy fan and watching the show again, I would love that there is some sort of supernatural activity to deal with. This world is so boring.

Comment

My recommendation would be to ditch the fancy equipment, grab three candles and a tape recorder and hit up a graveyard (in a very respectful manner.) One of my best paranormal experiences came from just sitting down, introducing myself, and asking them to blow out certain candles. You can usually feel their mood, too, so if it feels like they don't want anything to do with you, apologize, express respect and try someplace else. It can be a really great experience!

Comment

can someone explain to me why all these ghost hunter shows do their thing at night? in my experiences, it didn't matter what time of day it was...

shows like taps and ghost hunters always look for activity in the dark and i never understood what was so special about that? i think it ruined some of the results because they would be on edge and react to any little noises they would hear. sometimes old buildings just make noises because they're old. not because they're haunted.
            In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
              can someone explain to me why all these ghost hunter shows do their thing at night? in my experiences, it didn't matter what time of day it was...

shows like taps and ghost hunters always look for activity in the dark and i never understood what was so special about that? i think it ruined some of the results because they would be on edge and react to any little noises they would hear. sometimes old buildings just make noises because they're old. not because they're haunted.
              The dark can seem scary to most humans, because we don't see well in the dark. Add ghost stories to that and make sudden movements with a camera and you'll have a good TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
                The dark can seem scary to most humans, because we don't see well in the dark. Add ghost stories to that and make sudden movements with a camera and you'll have a good TV show.
                it just doesn't feel genuine at all.

i do like the idea of communicating with those who have crossed over and find all the equipment they use pretty interesting. i just don't like the dramatization.
                Last edited by Oshii; 13 Mar 2019, 15:26.
                In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

I always thought it was because thermal imagers are more effective in the dark; and at night, not only is it dark, but it's usually colder as well, meaning any heat signatures would show up on the screen more easily, whereas during a bright sunny morning, the whole screen would show an un-readable mass of yellows, reds, and oranges. I was a firefighter for about five years between the ages of seventeen and twenty-two; we had a lot of fun toys, and my favorite was the 15,000 dollar thermal imaging device hahaha. We had to turn the lights out to train with it; you can literally see somebody's footprints on the carpet in a pitch black room with that thing....I like it a lot haha. XD

it just doesn't feel genuine at all.

i do like the idea of communicating with those who have crossed over and find all the equipment they use pretty interesting. i just don't like the dramatization.
                  I don't like the idea of communicating with the dead, but I don't care if the dead try to communicate with me. The reason I'll always avoid trying to make direct contact though, is because it's too big of an unknown to me at this point in my life; how does one know who, or what, they are actually contacting? What if you make contact with...something else? O.O

Ghosts coming to me all on their own though? No problem. It's happened before; from what I can tell I wouldn't be able to stop it from happening if I tried, and the way I see it, they probably won't be able to actually hurt me if they're a ghost; I think they'd need to be a more powerful extradimensional entity in order to break through the veil enough that they can exert significant force on things within our realm, such as a demon for example, (or whatever you want to call them). I've heard a couple horror stories about demons; sounds pretty terrifying.

--Sollomyn
                  Last edited by Sollomyn; 13 Mar 2019, 16:36.

Comment

Working...
                  X