Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Being a huge fan of the show and Sarah Michelle Gellar, I start this topic. The first episode I watched when I was 10 year old kid (Killed by Death) and the show become a part of my childhood. This is how my interest in paganism and supernatural started.
    I guess there are a lot of Buffy fans on this forum.

Re: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

To be honest I don't think I've ever watched a single episode of the show. What I though was one turned out to be a different series staring another blonde lead but can't even think of that series name now.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

i never got the romanticizing of the vampire thing, death as social vision but reality is not so romantic,just the dust to dust belief.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I would gladly choose to be a cursed immortal, so long as my strength grows with age. Either that, or early and heroic death.

Comment

Originally posted by Muramasa View Post
          I would gladly choose to be a cursed immortal, so long as my strength grows with age. Either that, or early and heroic death.
          In truth I think you'd like the modern westernized vampire motif, doubt you'd like the older eastern european version of the vampire motif. Prior to Bram Stoker giving Dracula sort of a sexy air the Vampire was not haunting castle's but haunting graveyard's and was more of a ghoul. Decaying clothes, rotting flesh and things, definitely nothing sexy or alluring about them. Far from Twilight or anything modern.

Comment

yes this was the image

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah, Nosferatu was a good capture of old Vampire imagery. Steven King in his Salem's Lot inspired movie with the same name captured that same imagery as well with the bluish skin and funky teeth look.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                In truth I think you'd like the modern westernized vampire motif, doubt you'd like the older eastern european version of the vampire motif. Prior to Bram Stoker giving Dracula sort of a sexy air the Vampire was not haunting castle's but haunting graveyard's and was more of a ghoul. Decaying clothes, rotting flesh and things, definitely nothing sexy or alluring about them. Far from Twilight or anything modern.
                Then I would put some effort to combine my lifestyle with being cursed immortal.

Comment

I loved that show. There were some genuinely meaningful moments that still impact me today.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Then I would put some effort to combine my lifestyle with being cursed immortal.
                    Personally I think being an immortal like a vampire you'd get period's where it be like Anne Rice's vampire's where they'd grow tired and just lay in the grave for period's tired of life. We just sort of presume that the grave implies "Ground" or "Soil" but who knows what that could actually mean. To step out of society like a hermit could equally be to take to the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      Yeah, Nosferatu was a good capture of old Vampire imagery. Steven King in his Salem's Lot inspired movie with the same name captured that same imagery as well with the bluish skin and funky teeth look.

I don't remember if Straker ever explains why Barlowe (the Master) could simply take the cross away in that movie. I prefer the book version where Barlowe was a bit more human and did his own talking. Effectively though, if the priest had set aside his cross then he would have won that night. He didn't trust that God would stand with him absent the cross and that piece of doubt caused the cross to fail. The whole scene was a gamble that Barlowe took on how strong the priest's faith would be.

More on vampirism in general, there are so many interpretations of them that any assessment of pros and cons to being one would require first picking which kind of vampire. To use the Buffy-verse vampires as an example, there's literally no upside to being turned by one. BtVS vampires aren't cursed people. They are corpses animated by relatively weak demon. This rule only changes if particularly potent magic is used to stick a human soul back into the body. Getting turned by one is literally a case of, you die and a weak ass demon puts on your body as a costume to use for its own purposes. Most other modern fiction that I pay attention to has more continuity of identity between mortal and vampire. Outside of Twilight's blood sucking comic book characters masquerading as vampires, most other settings also have varying degrees of cursed status as well. Some of those curses are more irritating than others.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I never watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It didn't catch my interest but I did watch her spin-off show Angel for a few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          you die and a weak ass demon puts on your body as a costume to use for its own purposes
                          Still stronger than humans.

Comment

Still stronger than humans.
                            Whether the demon is stonger than a human is inconsequential to the point that if a Buffy-verse vamp turns you then you are dead. Not walking dead, not undead, not cursed, just dead. The thing using your body as a costume while it murders everyone you knew is not you. It could be on par with Silver Age Superman and able to sneeze planets out of orbit but that doesn't benefit you because again, you're dead.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                            X